New Jersey Babies

Princeton or Capital Health-Hopewell

Does anyone have experience with or know someone who has given birth at Princeton and/or Capital Health-Hopewell?  I know that both are pretty friendly towards natural deliveries, but I would like to know what kind of experiences people had at these two places.  Right now, I plan on giving birth at Princeton. 

Re: Princeton or Capital Health-Hopewell

• Just curious, do you already have an OB? I also would like to deliver at Princeton so I'm only looking at OBs that deliver there. I'd like to sit down with at least two practices before I decide but I don't know of too many that deliver at Princeton that take my insurance (Magnacare). I had my first appointment with Delaware Valley OBGYN and they seem nice but I would like another recommendation as well. Princeton OBGYN doesn't take my insurance and Lawrence OBGYN only delivers at Capital Health.

To answer your question, this is my first baby so I don't have personal experience at either hospital. I've heard good things about both hospitals and there is plenty of info from other moms on these boards regarding both. What it seems to come down to is the difference between the NICUs. Capital Health allegedly has a Level III NICU where Princeton only has a Level II C although I heard from a midwife that only the Capital Heath hospital in Trenton has the Level III where the new one in Hopewell is a Level II C just like Princeton but I've yet to confirm this. Either way the chances of you needing the NICU at all are slim and Princeton can handle everything but the highest level issues so it will be a good choice. I would suggest touring both do you can ask all your questions.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used the midwives at Delaware Valley obgyn & delivered at Princeton last August. I had a wonderful delivery! It's true that Princeton only has a level II NICU, but the level III NICU for capital health is located in Trenton at the old hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm actually seeing Del. Valley right now.  Unfortunately I recently had first hand experience at Princeton because of a preterm labor scare.  I'm on bed rest now, and hope that I can stay pregnant long enough to have the baby there instead of a level 3 NICU hospital.  The staff there was very nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"