Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pack n play recs

Our house has a lot of stairs so I would like to get a pack n play type item to keep on the main floor for baby to nap in when he comes home from the NICU. There seems to be a lot of variety, pricing and different features on the ones out there. Any suggestions on what features are actually with it?

Re: Pack n play recs

• I really liked just having the basic raised bassinet portion.  The changing area I guess is nice too but not a must have.  I have a $180 Chicco Playard and I much prefer my mom's $70 Graco one.  I think the Graco is easier to fold down than the Chicco.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • We had the Graco with everything, and we used all of it. We used the newborn napper for about the first month or so, the changing pad for a few months, the bassinet for a few months, and then the play yard when he was older. We didn't really use the vibrator stuff, but he loved that he could turn his music on when he started standing. I would get one with everything if you plan to use it a lot on your main floor. Or if you are tight on space/money, the rock n play was awesome for sleeping too, and then you could just change on the floor if you keep some supplies downstairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the ingenuity deluxe washable playard and it has changer, mapper & bassinet. Our house is 3 floors and this has been perfect! I love that all of it is washable!
  • I bought the Nuna Sena Mini.  It's so small.  I love that it'll be easy to move from room to room or even on trips.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• We have a graco with everything and LOVED it! We used every feature. LO loved the vibration for the infant sleeper, and having that part was so nice. It detached and we could easily carry him from room to room in it. I also transitioned him into his crib by putting that part in his crib first. We also used the bassinet portion when he got a little older and I now use the main pack and play part everyday since he is mobile on his own. It is a safe place I can put him in our room when I have to step away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think it depends on how you plan to use it. We have ours for keeping in our home on the main floor. We don't want to take it with us to travel. We wanted something sturdy, and not "babyish". We also wanted the raised portion and changer.

This is what we picked (there is a newer version out now but I liked the older fabric better).
    https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Lullaby-Magic-Play-Yard/dp/B00BH0OT9U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We are very pleased with our basic Graco model. It's called "On the Go." I think it cost around $80 at BRU before the coupon.
  • I'm on my third and can say we used none of the extras with the first 2.  They just take up a lot of space when it's time to store them.   If I had to buy another one it would have the bassinet and nothing else.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"