September 2013 Moms
Options

WTF MIL

In this edition of WTF MIL, MIL calls me to complain that the last time she saw LO (Sunday), LO cried when MIL held her, and LO seemed to only want to be held by H (I was not present).  

I guess this means that tomorrow, I'm going to have to sit down and talk to LO about not crying and not playing favorites with regards to who holds her.  

Seriously, MIL?!  She is a baby.  What would you like me to do about it? 

Who else has a good WTF MIL story to share?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 

Re: WTF MIL

• Options
    Two months ago I asked MIL about Easter. If we were going to DH's sister's house or grandmother's house. She said grandmother's, so I made hotel reservations. This weekend she calls and says she changed her mind, she wants to go to DH's sister's. Umm...no, we asked two months ago because we needed to make reservations, now last minute hotel reservations are an arm and a leg...
    The whole reason we agreed to go to Easter this year (we alternate holidays, we spent Easter with them last year) was because DH's grandmother has yet to meet DS.
    DH told her we either go to his grandmother's or we are staying home.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    My future MIL is manipulative to the max and she tries especially hard to manipulate my fiance. She is also a florist and is doing all of our wedding flowers and decorations which is an absolute nightmare. I have talked to her for hours upon hours about our wedding, I literally have nothing else to say or add, and she has apparently been telling my fiance that I won't talk to her about it and that it's incredibly hurtful to her. A month ago I sat down and talked to her about it for 5 hours straight, I'm not even exaggerating, and I've left her messages and sent her emails each week since then trying to get her to answer me on a few things she wanted clarification on. But yet I'm not trying hard enough to include her in our plans, mmmmhmmm, okaaaaaay....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TKtravels‌ -I'll report back to you after our Easter lunch at MIL's house on Saturday. I know I'll leave that lunch with at least an insult...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Monday she commented on a picture of me and hubby calling us a handsome couple

Who the fuck calls a female handsome

• Options
    I hate to brag here, but I don't have anything to complain about my MIL (for once). We (H and I) got into a big disagreement with the ILs and they are mad at us (for several reasons including making them wash their hands before holding LO when he was younger and not dropping him off at their house so they can spend alone time with him). Both sides want an apology so we aren't talking to each other. It's so nice to not have the stress, but I do feel bad for my H
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't be envious of people in a situation like this.  And then I had a baby and the ILs became crazier and more obnoxious.  I wish we weren't speaking right now.. my life would be so much less stressful. 

I hope things get worked out for you guys, but enjoy this little break from them while it lasts!

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Options
    TKtravels said:

I hate to brag here, but I don't have anything to complain about my MIL (for once). We (H and I) got into a big disagreement with the ILs and they are mad at us (for several reasons including making them wash their hands before holding LO when he was younger and not dropping him off at their house so they can spend alone time with him). Both sides want an apology so we aren't talking to each other. It's so nice to not have the stress, but I do feel bad for my H

Ordinarily, I wouldn't be envious of people in a situation like this.  And then I had a baby and the ILs became crazier and more obnoxious.  I wish we weren't speaking right now.. my life would be so much less stressful. 

I hope things get worked out for you guys, but enjoy this little break from them while it lasts!

Thank you. I know this sounds really mean, but I don't want it worked out at all though. There is just going to be more drama later on and they don't add value to our lives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I usually host ILs for holidays. I didn't do thanksgiving and christmas this year bc it was just too much. I invited them for Easter and I got a snotty oh!!! You are inviting us to your house. Ummm hello I have done every holiday for just about ten years I think someone else could handle a couple while I had a newborn. It made me want to rescind my invitation. Andplusalso she called last night at 8. Demanding to speak with me then acted surprised that baby and I were in bed already. Seriously lady!?!
  • Options

TKtravels said:

Thank you. I know this sounds really mean, but I don't want it worked out at all though. There is just going to be more drama later on and they don't add value to our lives.

H got into a fight with his MIL about how she was acting towards me and this is exactly what happened. It was glorious but only lasted three weeks.

It's been over a month with no end in sight. Absolutely glorious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

H got into a fight with his MIL about how she was acting towards me and this is exactly what happened. It was glorious but only lasted three weeks.
    It's been over a month with no end in sight. Absolutely glorious.

DH didn't talk his parents for 3 years.  Those were the best 3 years of my life.  ;)  But then I got pregnant and he decided to start talking to them again.  I'm just waiting for their next screw-up so that we can cut them off again.

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"