November 2014 Moms

AW: announcing at work / do you pay attention to what people wear?

I haven't decided when I'll announce at work yet. (My boss knows, he's the only one.) Definitely not until after my NT scan results, depending on how much I'm showing (I'm already looking like I did at about 20 weeks last time!) I may even wait until after our AS.

I was thinking I'd just wear a shirt and let people figure it out. But then DH thinks people won't notice. 

I'm a programmer, I was thinking maybe something like:

So my real question is: Would you notice if a co-worker was wearing something like this?

(Side note: I thought about the "what-if" if someone is dealing with miscarriage or infertility. Being a programmer, I work mostly with men. The handful of women I work with already have 2-4 kids each and have claimed to be done. Or they are beyond their childbearing years and have recently become grandmothers.)
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: announcing at work / do you pay attention to what people wear?

• I am a nerd, but I like both a lot. And I would notice.

I wouldn't worry too much about the what ifs of other people's situations. While it is nice to be considerate, your belly will be equally announcing your pregnancy before long.

There's no way I could wait until my anatomy scan before it was obvious. None ;)
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Those are cute. I don't know if people will notice. I am pretty sure I am starting to show a lot ,especially today and I have not heard about anyone having suspicions. Maybe they are good about keeping quiet on their suspicions. The other possibility is they just don't see me enough to notice, because I don't interact with them as much. Having a shirt that specifically says it might get there attention more though.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Lmaooo@kristy774.. I did the same exact thing lol. Think it's a great idea ! And I would definitely notice
  • If it's got ruching on the sides it's a dead give away :-)
  • I am also a programmer. I like those shirts, and yes my coworkers would definitely notice. I think that's a cute way to announce.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think they would notice for sure. I would! :)
    I don't even want to announce to my employees that I am pregnant....they are mostly men that act more like little boys...maybe I will tell my co worker and let her start a rumor to see if any of them have the balls to ask me! I feel like I should have fun with it in one way or another. All my employees already have kids so I know they will all want to share their horror stories with me and try to tell me what to expect. Sigh.....

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• @Kristy774‌ .....it took me a minute too! Haha wow. Love it
  • I would absolutely notice. I like the black shirt as well.
  • ccamccam member
    I think women would notice more than men would.  Maybe that's why your DH said that.  The black one is cute!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Those are cute! I would definitely notice. This makes me so happy I wear scrubs to work... easier to hide the blump!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Kristy774 said:
    I'm so dumb. I'm almost afraid to tell you because its so bad.... I was on my phone and I was like hmmmm something must be wrong with my phone because the black shirt says loading and I can't see what it says. Soooooo, I got out my iPad and pulled it up and when it still wasn't working it then occurred to me. Duh. Computer programmer, wearing this to work.... I like the black one that says loading. Maybe I should go to bed!

@Kristy774 I didn't get it until I read your post and had to go back and look again. Wow, I am SLOW today. I usually hate when people say this, but that was a huge blonde moment for me.

Anyway- super cute tops and either one would be a great way to announce. I'd be so excited to see who would be the first person to notice. I work in a very small office (only 3 others) and everyone knows already. No surprises around here.

• They are both cute! I would pay attention. I don't know if a bunch of men will, though, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"