May 2013 Moms
Options

NBR flooding

lizziebooperlizziebooper member
edited April 2014 in May 2013 Moms
With the winter we had and the rain we have been getting our area is seeing the worst flooding ever. This playground is at our local park. You can see the lake in the background with ice still on it The third picture is the ball diamond on the other side of the park. The fence you see is 5 feet tall and the lake is about 140 feet away from it. People that live around the lake are sandbagging but some are completely surrounded by 3 or 4 feet of water. They don't expect the water to subside for at least a week as the lakes to the north continue to melt. Edited to add pic of some of the homes.

imageimage
imageimage
                              Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09

Re: NBR flooding

• Options
    Wow that's crazy!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No my house will be fine it is just never been like this. The park often floods but never that much. We have roads that are washing away. I feel so bad for the people right in the flood zone. The weather has been crazy. It got really cold here today with snow and I felt bad seeing people in freezing weather walking in 3ft of water putting sandbags up.

imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope everyone is ok and that the water recedes. Flooding is awful and so difficult to repair your house if it is significantly flooded.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no:( horrible. I hope it subsides very soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    Thats horrible. We have a small swimming pool in all of our ditches and we are across from the lake, with 2 of the golf course ponds in our backyard. Surrounded by what's already wetlands here:( the pump in our crawl space runs 24/7.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KashyKashy member
    flooding sucks so much!  We are having warnings of flooding again and we have not fully recovered from the major flooding we had last June. 

Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"