June 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Stolen idea from July 14 .....STM+

With previous pregnancies did you go into labor before or after your due date? Let's hear about it! I love reading these stories!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GTKY: Stolen idea from July 14 .....STM+

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced 8 days after my due date. I went in for a NST and was miserable and asked them not to make me leave. By 10 am the foley bulb was in and I was hooked up to pitocin. Never, ever again will I ask to be induced. Pitocin is a bitch and I asked for an epidural at 7pm. At 12:35am the next day I had my 8lb 6oz baby girl.
  • Options
    Mia081081 said:

1 week early at exactly 39 weeks

We had sex to get things started, thinking nothing would really happen. Water broke during sex at 4:45. Got to hospital around 7, into the room at 730. Started pushing at 10:25. DD born at 10:29.

Entire labor was under 6 hours. I hope to have a repeat this time!

I tried the sex several times and nothing!! Glad it worked for you!
  • Options
    Water broke at 6:30am, one week early.  Nothing. Fucking. Happened.  Not a one contraction that even made me stop to take notice.  2pm I was in the hospital hooked to a pitocin drip.  9pm I was still only 4cm and got my epidural.  Started pushing around 2am, C was born at 4:36am.  22 hours water breaking to baby being born.  Hopefully this time my body has some clue what it's supposed to do and I can avoid the pitocin!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    Both. Dd started on her due date but came after midnight. Ds came before his due date, but just a few days.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    I planned to have a c/s at 38 weeks due to a clotting disorder but I never even had Braxton Hicks. All contractions i had were so small I never felt them unless a machine told me I was having them. Never lost my MP, etc. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mia081081 said:

1 week early at exactly 39 weeks

We had sex to get things started, thinking nothing would really happen. Water broke during sex at 4:45. Got to hospital around 7, into the room at 730. Started pushing at 10:25. DD born at 10:29.

Entire labor was under 6 hours. I hope to have a repeat this time!

How did you know your water broke? I ask because while DTD earlier this week, I felt a gush and totally freaked myself out (I remembered your story!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LilNunz1 said:
    Moral of the story - don't lose heart even if you're only a fingertip dialated!
    Definitely! Mine were both born within a day of being told that I wasn't dilated at all.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Options
    Dd #1 started having contractions on Monday. Dr said I wasn't in labor and I'd have a few weeks left as I was only 36w. On Tuesday I was admitted at 4cm. Labor completely stopped once I hit 8cm. So I had to get pitocin to start things back up again. Ds#1 was born 8 weeks early. I had been having slot of bladder infections and I was put on bedrest. Well I had a craving for a Big Mac. Went to McDonald's and when I got out of my car my water broke. I spent the weekend on bedrest in the hospital before the dr would just let my body go into labor. Every 24 hrs my white blood cell count was doubling and it was pretty obvious I had an infection. He spent 19 days in the Nicu. With dd#2 my water broke. No contractions no nothing. It just broke. So I had to be induced. I got my epidural (the only time I've had one) before they started pitocin. 8 hrs later she was born. I spent most of that labor sleeping.
  • Options
    With my first, I had a scheduled csection so I never went into labor.

Now my second was not as easy. Mind you before you read this, it was a fluke and not meant to scare anyone....With my second, I started having cramping and contractions at 33w3d. Went to L&D and the FFN was negative and I was given Turbuline to stop the contractions. Had contractions off and on the next day but nothing timetable. On day 3 they started again and were timetable. Went back to L&D and was put on the monitor. Now I was given Procardia and was sent home with a script to take as needed. Day 4 same thing and I ended up in L&D but this time, no OB came to see me and had the nurse check me (I was 1 cm) and send me home on 2 Ambien to sleep at 1 am. I went home and passed out from the Ambien but would wake up with intense pressure and contractions that became more regular. I remember sleeping on our recliner with my mom in the living room while my husband slept in the bed with our son. I woke up in horrible pain, stood up and hugged onto my mom and my water broke all over. Called the OB on call, who didn't see me earlier, and he had us come in. I was in between contractions and passing out from the Ambien on the way to the hospital. When we pulled up, the guard met us at the car and I puked all over the poor man's shoes. It was now 3 am and when I got there I was 10 cms. They took me in for a csection (he was frank breech) and an OB from another practice was called to deliver me since no one else could do it. As he's ready to start, the OB from my practice, who wouldn't see me came in and they started arguing over whether they'd do the csection or VBAC. I'll never forget when the OB asked if I knew what we were having because my sons testicles were on the table. Yep while they were fighting he was making his way out. I delivered him as a frank breech VBAC while falling asleep from the Ambien. The rest didn't go well but that's my crazy birth story.

Needless to say I'm having huge anxiety for this delivery.

• Options
    @hjl050308‌ how terrifying!
    Hopes that this one is easy breezey!
  • Options

@hjl050308‌ how terrifying!
    Hopes that this one is easy breezey!

Thanks!

• Options
    DS was born 3 days before his due date.  Contractions started around 1:00 AM (I originally thought I was just having poop pain because it was the day after Thanksgiving and I had made a pig of myself at dinner the night before!).  We got to the hospital around 6:00 AM and I was admitted by 8:00.  Started pushing around noon... and finally consented to a c-section around 5:15 (he was posterior and completely stuck behind my pubic bone).  He was born at exactly 6:00 PM.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    MrsAMB07 said:
    LilNunz1 said:
    Moral of the story - don't lose heart even if you're only a fingertip dialated!
    Definitely! Mine were both born within a day of being told that I wasn't dilated at all.
    Absolutely agree.  And on the opposite end of the spectrum: don't assume that being dilated means labor is imminent.  I walked around at 4-5 cm for a solid two weeks before I actually went into labor!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @elsa1688‌ - it was really warm and wet and kept trickling out. Felt different from pee and didn't smell like pee. Basically, a little came out every time I walked. It was definitely water! Continued to leak down my leg all over the hospital.
  • Options
    #1 I was a week late and had to be induced because of low amniotic fluid. 9.5 hours of labor. Water broke on it's own at midnight only 1 cm dilated but horrible contractions so I had an epidural. he was born 3.5 hours later with 1 hour of pushing. I had a 3rd degree tear.

# 2 I was a week late again so I was induced again. Went in at 8am and started having contractions at 1:30pm... At 4 pm I called in the nurse because I was having horrible contractions. The doctor broke my water around 4:20 and my son was born 10 minutes later. 2nd degree tear with that one. But so much easier!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hjl050308 said:
    With my first, I had a scheduled csection so I never went into labor. Now my second was not as easy. Mind you before you read this, it was a fluke and not meant to scare anyone....With my second, I started having cramping and contractions at 33w3d. Went to L&D and the FFN was negative and I was given Turbuline to stop the contractions. Had contractions off and on the next day but nothing timetable. On day 3 they started again and were timetable. Went back to L&D and was put on the monitor. Now I was given Procardia and was sent home with a script to take as needed. Day 4 same thing and I ended up in L&D but this time, no OB came to see me and had the nurse check me (I was 1 cm) and send me home on 2 Ambien to sleep at 1 am. I went home and passed out from the Ambien but would wake up with intense pressure and contractions that became more regular. I remember sleeping on our recliner with my mom in the living room while my husband slept in the bed with our son. I woke up in horrible pain, stood up and hugged onto my mom and my water broke all over. Called the OB on call, who didn't see me earlier, and he had us come in. I was in between contractions and passing out from the Ambien on the way to the hospital. When we pulled up, the guard met us at the car and I puked all over the poor man's shoes. It was now 3 am and when I got there I was 10 cms. They took me in for a csection (he was frank breech) and an OB from another practice was called to deliver me since no one else could do it. As he's ready to start, the OB from my practice, who wouldn't see me came in and they started arguing over whether they'd do the csection or VBAC. I'll never forget when the OB asked if I knew what we were having because my sons testicles were on the table. Yep while they were fighting he was making his way out. I delivered him as a frank breech VBAC while falling asleep from the Ambien. The rest didn't go well but that's my crazy birth story. Needless to say I'm having huge anxiety for this delivery.
    That sounds horrific.  I'm so sorry that was your experience.  Surely, this one will be much, much better for you!

With both of my children I went into labor on my own in the middle of the night.  

With my daughter (my first) I had time to go for a walk and take a bath at home to relax.  When I got to the hospital I was at 5cm, got the epi at 7cm, she was born one hour later.  I was only in labor and delivery for about 2 hours and only in labor for 8ish hours.

With my son (my second) I almost didn't make it to the hospital on time.  However, I was only at 3 cm when I got there.  Shortly after arriving (maybe 20-30 minutes) my water broke and they checked me again.  I was 4cm.  20 minutes later he was out.  Needless to say I am really scared of how fast it's going to go this time.  I really, really don't want to have the baby at home or in the car!

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options

#1 I was a week late and had to be induced because of low amniotic fluid. 9.5 hours of labor. Water broke on it's own at midnight only 1 cm dilated but horrible contractions so I had an epidural. he was born 3.5 hours later with 1 hour of pushing. I had a 3rd degree tear.

# 2 I was a week late again so I was induced again. Went in at 8am and started having contractions at 1:30pm... At 4 pm I called in the nurse because I was having horrible contractions. The doctor broke my water around 4:20 and my son was born 10 minutes later. 2nd degree tear with that one. But so much easier!

How are the degree of tears measured? All I know is I had 6 stitches. DD barely had a soft spot so get head never conformed and was perfectly big and round haha

• Options
    Two days before my due date I called in to my doctor's office because baby wasn't moving much at all. They found the heartbeat just fine and monitored me for a bit but wanted me to come back for an ultrasound the next day. I went to work the next morning and scooted out to the ultrasound appointment not thinking much if it because I had zero dilation, no contractions, no signs of progress at all. About a minute into the ultrasound the tech turned to me and said "looks like you'll need to have baby today." There was pretty much no amniotic fluid and the doctor confirmed I needed to be induced immediately. I was told I could drive myself straight to the hospital or they'd call me an ambulance which seemed a little much, so I drove and called DH on my way.

The induction was pretty boring for the first 10ish hours but then got real really fast. I lasted another 12ish hours and was only at a 2 or 3. I got an epidural which not only let me get some much needed sleep but also relaxed my body enough to progress to a 10 in the next 2 hours. I pushed for a little over a half hour and then got to experience DH telling me "It's a GIRL!" through tears as he helped the nurse hand her to me. :)

• Options
    k318k318 member
    At 39 weeks I woke up to my bloody show and mild, non painful period like cramps. Went for a walk, went for breakfast; by about 2pm cramps became tightness around my back, then started becoming painful and regular. Got to the hospital around 645, was only 2cm, was sent walking. By 830 the contractions were super painful and coming every 1-2 minutes. Went back to l&d, got my epidural, started pushing at 1am and my boy was born just after 2am.

Hopefully this time is as smooth as last time

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    With DS I was due on valentines day last year, but ended up going 4 days past my due date. 7 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing later, my handsome baby boy was born!
  • Options
    First time was at 28 weeks after intercourse (oops) but contractions and bleeding were stopped 24 hours later. They continued on and off in the following weeks. Final time was at 35 weeks when my water suddenly broke at 5am. Contractions started on the way to the hospital and I gave birth 5 hours later. No NICU stay, baby was 6lbs6oz, supposed to be 8.5 @ term. Needless to say I am a lot more nervous this time around and getting more monitoring.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Dd was born at 37 weeks exactly. At 36w6d I was diagnosed with Cholistasis, the best morning I got a call that they decided they wanted to induce me that day. I showed up at the hospital at 1 and was put on the monitors to show that I was contracting regularly every 5 minutes. Never ended up getting pitocin and completely went into labor on my own. Didn't start feeling contractions until I was 5cm, and DD was born 3 hours later. From the time I showed up at the hospital to find out I was having contractions to baby being born was about 7 hours. It was a great birth experience and hoping for smooth sailing with this one as well!

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Options
    contractions started at 9 pm at 39 weeks exactly, went to the hospital at 11 pm dilated about 2 cm. given an ambien and went to sleep. woke up in the morning and contractions had completely stopped. they said well you're here and we have already started your antibiotics (I was GBS positive) do you want to just induce? I agreed and it was a huge mistake. started pitocin and they broke my water a few hours later. dilated to 3.5 cm and got my epidural. got to 4 cm and stalled out. contractions were sufficient but there was no dilation happening for a few hours. DS was starting to go into distress, his heart rate was taking longer than they like to recover from a contraction. he was also starting to get crepitus (spelling?) which is swelling of the part of his head that was stuck in my pelvis. went in for my emergency csection at 4:00 pm and DS was born at 4:28 pm weighing 8# 2oz. total labor was 19.5 hours
  • Options
    I had been having prodromal labor for a couple of weeks. I had been losing my mp little by little and went from being 4cm to closing back up to a 1. C was a week late, so my ob's office induced me. Got to the hospital for 8am, they inserted half a cytotec and all was well. When I got to 5cm, the doctor broke my water and then all hell broke loose. By the time I was at 8, I had no choice but to get an epidural or they were going to knock me out and my husband couldnt be in the room. Her heart kept decelerating with every contraction so they had to perform an emergency csection. As it turned out, not only was she sunny side up, but the cord was wrapped around her neck twice. At 7:03pm that night, my beautiful 6lb 9oz baby girl was born with a full head of hair. This time, I will refuse pelvic checks until 40weeks, and if I am dilated enough, I will have them sweep the membranes. Because of my csection, I can't be induced. If I go past my due date, they will be performing a csection for 41 weeks. Trying to avoid it at all costs!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My son was born on his due date. :) I was 39 wks, 6 days when my mucus plus came out at our nephews B day party. I knew from my Dr. visit earlier that week that I was already 4 cm dialated. Went home and called the Dr. Who told us to come in when my contractions started getting closer together. Went to hospital when my contractions were 5 min. Apart. They checked me and I was 6 cm dialated. They put me in a room to labor which didn't happen. I was stuck at 6 and getting very uncomfortable. They started pitocin at around 8 pm and by 9 I was begging for an epidural!! Once I got that I was a happy girl and laid down to rest. I woke up at around 4 am to a strange pressure down there and told the nurse. She checked and said "you're 10 centimeters dialated and 100% effaced. It's go time." I pushed for about an hour and a half and my Cameron was born at 8lbs, 8 oz and 21" long. I had a small tear ( 3 stitches ) but that was all. :) happiest day of my life. ❤️
  • Options
    MollySmMollySm member
    edited April 2014
    I went into labor after my due date.  My water broke at about 7 pm when I was 3 days overdue.  I had Lucia at 3 am when I was 5 days overdue (32 hours later).

I was one of those weird people who gets a tiny trickle and has no idea if it really broke or was just discharge.  The hospital said to wait to see if contractions started, which they did around 9 pm.  I labored at home until 3 am, at which point my contractions were one on top of the other, and I hadn't been able to move or talk through them for 4 or so hours. 

We rushed to the hospital, to disappointingly find out that although my water really had broken, and the contractions were coming hard and fast, I was only 1 cm dialated.  I continued contracting for awhile, and then they pretty much stopped.  I tried to get them started with all of the walking and squatting I could do, but had no luck.  Because my water had broken we had a timeline, so they eventually started Pitosin.  I got an epidural that worked only on one side of my body, labored all day and into the night.  I started pushing around midnight and delivered her with the help of a vacuum at 2:59 am when I was 40w 5d.  

I am really hoping that this labor is not like my last!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Savvy122 said:

How are the degree of tears measured? All I know is I had 6 stitches. DD barely had a soft spot so get head never conformed and was perfectly big and round haha

I didn't know the answer to this either so I just Googled and found a helpful illustrated slideshow on BabyCenter or something. 

Big mistake.  Huge.  Someone hold me, I'm scared.

Sorry I should have warned you guys. I honestly don't know how many stitches I had but it was a lot and very unpleasant. The Dr. told me that it was almost a fourth degree tear which is all the way to your a-hole. I basically iced myself for 5 weeks straight. Both of them were 7 lbers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love reading all the amazing stories...Thank you all for sharing!
  • Options
    DH was due to start work on the 20th and my due date was the 15th. I was really nervous about logistics so I talked to my doctor about our options. He determined via my bishop's score that I would have a favorable induction. I went in on the 10th at 7 PM and they started pitocin an hour later. A few hours after that they broke my water. I got the magical epidural a half an hour later. After an hour of pushing our little girl was born at 3:30 AM.
  • Options
    I've never gone into labor on my own. My water has always had to be broken to get things started. DD#1 was born at 41w and DD#2 was born at 40w4d, so both were overdue. We'll see when this little boy decides to make an appearance!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    erind228erind228 member
    edited April 2014
    With my DD, I was induced at 40w5d. I wasn't dilated at all, so I got cytotec overnight, and they started pitocin in the morning. Dr. broke my water at 10am and got an epidural shortly after. Labored all day. Unbeknown to everyone, the catheter for the epidural slipped out, and stopped working. I kept pushing on that little button to no avail. Anyway, began pushing at around 7:30pm and my baby girl was born around 9:45 at 9lbs even.

With my DS, I went into labor on my own at 39w5d. We were staying at my mom's overnight, and I woke up and had to poop at around 1am. I thought that was strange, and then realized I was having mild contractions. Timed them for awhile, and headed in to L&D at around 430am. I was 5 cm upon being admitted. My labor stalled around 10am, so they gave me a little Pitocin. Labor picked back up and at around 1pm I was ready to push. I pushed probably three times. DS was born at 1:09 weighing in at 9.12 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"