May 2014 Moms

Worsening mood

I had some pretty terrifying depression symptoms in January which cleared up when some work stress went away.  Now I am fighting off the end of a nasty cold/chest infection with steroids, antibiotics and bed rest in the hopes that I can be healthy for delivery day (EDD May 18th).  I find that my mood is as bad as it was in January… appetite is off, I feel sad all the time and very lonely and isolated.  

I guess this is not so much a question as it is just reaching out in case there are others out there finding that the last few weeks are not as joyous and exciting as they'd hoped.  Wishing you well, ladies.  

Re: Worsening mood

• I have a diagnosis of major depression and anxiety so I understand. And man the hormones from pregnancy are really starting to mess with me. Hang in there we can get through this!!! I hope you have a great support system. That's what makes the biggest difference for me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married Rob May 23rd 2008
    * Munchkin due May 5th 2014 * Getting back on the waiting list for domestic infant adoption May 2015 * Apparently May is our month!

• We are all here for support. Please reach out if you are really struggling. Your health and baby's health are so important. Try to smile everyday even if you feel sad. It can trick your brain into releasing happy hormones :).
  • Loading the player...
  • For me it's hormones mixed with stress so you're not alone. Is there anyone you can talk to? Your dh, mom, a friend? And like @DBonfante‌ said, try to smile. Even if it's watching your favorite comedy on TV. It seems to it me in a better mood! :-)
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • making a human is hard.like pp have said reach out to someone if your to sad.like my mom told me this morning,its ok to not be okay.i felt so much better after an ugly cry this morning.hang in there.
  • RoufiRoufi member
    Hang in there! Do any little things that give you a boost, be it a comedy, lunch date with a friend, blasting music, making your favourite foods. Here's hoping that the heavy feelings ease up soon, and do what you can to get help from your drs, fam & friends...
    *hugs*
  • Thanks, everyone. I keep reading it's normal but like I said was looking forward to the nesting and getting excited bit... Just hasn't happened for me yet! I'm sure it will.
  • I definitely get the same way especially when I feel crummy too. I still take a very low dose of Lexapro to keep my own symptoms at bay. Not sure how you normally cope with depression when not pregnant but talking to your dr/therapist whatever you use may help.
  • I'm sorry :(  I had a REALLY rough time for a few months and just in the last couple weeks things seemed to get better.  I don't really know why, maybe seeing the end for work?  I was feeling so overwhelmed, sad and wanted nothing more than to give up and hide. i talked to my doctor about it but turned down meds because I couldn't really agree that it was in fact depression and not just life situations and hormones.  You're definitely not alone!   I hope things start looking up for you!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been bursting in to tears every few days or so. Probably due to lack of sleep. Anything can trigger it. It helps me to talk it out with my husband, he is good at listening and understanding that sometimes emotions just need to be let out. I hope you have someone you can talk to and open up to when you are feeling over whelmed and stressed. I was diagnosed with SAD when I was 16 so I've learned different ways to deal with depression that work for me. Never hesitate to seek professional help.
  • Thanks for all the kind thoughts and words, ladies.  Today is a little better and hopefully tomorrow is another improvement!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"