Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Missed miscarriage & prescribed Misoprostol

I just posted this under 1st trimester because at one point I was seeking guidance when I had my little ones growing inside. I had idea where to start posting so i continued under my original post. However I do know, I shouldn't have continued there and am now here... :(

Unfortunately, there was no good news at all. I was told the babies likely stopped developing at about 6 weeks (I would have been about 12 wks by last Thursday) and have since been walking around with all the pregnancy symptoms but no actual growing babies.  My hcg levels kept rising but not like they should have until they finally started dropping. It is so depressing to even have to think about it. I was prescribed Misoprostol last Thursday since they didn't come on their own. The one thing I cant seem to get out of my mind is the actual feeling of having and seeing the sac come out. It is almost a daily visual for me. Like I can relive that sad moment by just closing my eyes. I only saw one sac, but I assume that's only because the other baby was a vanishing twin. I am so devastated and apologize if this sounds all over the place.

I am still lightly bleeding (a little heavier than my normal periods), but I still have a lot of pain in my stomach. I am so bloated and even feels hard (as if I were 5/6 months pregnant). I have only gone pee since Thursday so I can only assume I am hurting because I haven't been able to go #2 since then. I don't even have the urge to go. Has anyone taken Misoprostol before? What were your symptoms and when did you feel back to normal?

Re: Missed miscarriage & prescribed Misoprostol

• Options
    I haven't taken Misoprostol, but I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm very new to all of this as well, I had my D&C on Friday.  It still doesn't seem real.  I can say that I also had bowel issues after my D&C and am just now starting to get back to normal.  I took two doses of MiraLax over the weekend and it helped, but I think one dose would have done the trick.

Good luck, and so sorry for your loss.  Life isn't fair.  :-(

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a MMC as well, but I had a D&C done so I can't say about the Misoprostol...but I can tell you that the bloating/cramping I had after was almost all due to gas and constipation. I was on my hands and knees the pain was so bad. Someone on here (in the tips section) suggested stool softeners and I so wish I had taken that advice before the D&C. I needed it! I ate a lot of fruit and green smoothies instead and that helped, but not as much as the meds would have.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely recommend stool softeners. I had never taken them before and was so nervous about what it might cause but my doctor prescribed Colace that I broke down and took the day after my D&C. I immediately felt better. I don't know anything about Misoprostol though. I'm so sorry for your losses.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. There's a sticky thread name advice/experience that might have some insight for you. Take care of yourself.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    armehoarmeho member
    edited April 2014
    Edit for spam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"