May 2013 Moms
Options

Transitioning to WCM from Formula

LO turns 1 next Thursday! EEK!  COming up to fast. I was wondering what is the best way to start the switch to WCM.  Is it better to do some half half bottles?  When he had his ear infection we went to doing cold bottles because he would only drink them this way so weve just continued with that so I think hell be fine with the cold temp.

I have like 1/2 thing of formula left and Id rather not buy another one if I wont use it all because I was planning on switching at 1.  I think I may just do some half/half.

Also is it better to stop dropping the in between bottles?  For instance give them the wcm in a sippy cup at meals?  Currently weve been doing water in sippy cup and then an hour later hed have formula before nap.  We have gotten away from feeding right before the nap but at bed time we still do a bigger bottle and then lay him down for bed. I know that is going to be the hardest one to drop. SIgh... Just looking for others opinions.  I want to make this as easy as possible.

Side note- We are all done with his bottles..we use the nuk sippy cups but it still has like a spout(material like a bottle)

Re: Transitioning to WCM from Formula

• Options
    I've started transitioning to WCM and started with 1 oz, and so on but she really didn't mind the taste and we were able to go to a full bottle within a week. Then I did 1 bottle per day, and so on. Right now she gets about half BM and half WCM.

We basically have the exact same routine as you right now (water with meals, then a bottle or nurse later before nap) and my plan is to do as you suggested and put the WCM in the sippy cup with meals...then water for in between. I'm going to do it gradually and see how much she will actually drink from her cup, then take away the bottles one at a time. She doesn't seem to have a big attachment to nursing or bottles so I'm hoping it's not going to be any problem.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jesselayne8jesselayne8 member
    edited April 2014
    I don't mix the WCM and BM. I just replaced a nursing session with WCM. He will only drink 1-2oz at a time.
    Edit: I put it in a sippy.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"