May 2014 Moms
Options

***Update*** Thoughts and prayers please.

2»

Re: ***Update*** Thoughts and prayers please.

• Options
    T&P and good job for standing up for yourself until they took you seriously, that's not always the easiest thing to do!
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&Ps.  Keep us posted!  I'm so glad that you insisted on a re-test!  Good for you mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    T&Ps your way! Hope everything goes smoothly next Tuesday!

• Options
    I was induced had a c section and honestly my recovery was nbd. Yes I was sore for a couple days but as long as I held that little pillow to my incision when getting up, coughing, stairs etc it really wasn't that bad. They offered me pain meds and I honestly only took Advil. I'm well aware that all peoples experiences aren't all rainbows and butterfly's but if I weren't so dead set on delivering naturally, I was really upset that I couldn't deliver naturally with DS. That I would in a heart beat schedule another csection and not think twice. Good luck and I hope if you have a c section it will go as well as mine!!
  • Options
    Tons of T &Ps going your way!
  • Options
    I had a c-section with DD and will be having another with DS. It really wasn't bad. I was definitely in pain, but I happily took my pain meds and took it as easy as I could the first week or so. I took help from DH and my parents. Good luck and I'm sending you T&Ps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tons of T&P'S heading your way! I had a c-section with DS and will be having another. Mine wasn't bad for me at all and my recovery went really well. I only needed Motrin for the pain and got myself up and moving pretty quickly. Good luck!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    I'm sure it's a relief to have the right answers now, and a plan in place already. T&P for you, and update us when LO arrives!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    T & P's for you and baby! So happy to hear you finally have answers! 
  • Options
    Lots of T&P for you! I'm sorry things are going to end up rushed for you, but I'm so glad you finally got some answers.

I was terrified of ending up with a c-section. I flat refused to even consider it until the very last minute when DS became distressed and it became clear that he was absolutely not coming vaginally, but I ended up loving it! The surgery itself is unnerving since you're awake and aware of what's happening, but it's also kinda cool. I never really had a lot of pain. The first walk was tough, and I was sore for a couple of weeks, but only when I moved certain ways. When I sat still or when I was just standing in one place, I felt almost completely normal. Even picking up the baby and nursing him didn't hurt me. I had my DS at 5:20 on a Tuesday and by Saturday I felt good enough to go to a birthday party. I moved slowly but wasn't in agony or anything.

Just keep up with your pain meds. It's easier to stay ahead of the pain than try to chase it. I think I was on hydrocodone from Tues-Sun, then regular ibuprofen as needed after that.

Oh, and take a smallish cushion with you everywhere you go so you can hold it against your belly when you stand up. It gives you the support those cut muscles can't give, and it takes away the creepy guts-falling-out feeling. The belly cushion helps more than pretty much anything else. That and ice packs against your incision when it feels tender.

You'll do great!! :)

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Sending you lots of T&Ps!
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"