November 2014 Moms
Options

Newbie Play Date (Post your dumb questions here)

Re: Newbie Play Date (Post your dumb questions here)

• Options
    amberDey said:
    Okay here is my question... When cloth diapering how do you clean a poppy diaper?
    You have to get rid of most of the poo somehow or other. I use flushable liners, so we just toss the liner with poo into a plastic bag lined trash can by the changing table, then toss them in the toilet at the end of the day.
    I didn't know those existed. It almost makes me reconsider going with disposable diapers, almost.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Cloth diapering is nbd when they are little, but DS rarely has solid, well formed poops. Our toilet was old and not able to use a sprayer with it, so we abandoned cloth diapers when he quit breast feeding. His poop is just normally really wet and his pedi says that everybody has a different "normal".

Previously we used a five galling bucket half way filled with water and vinegar. Dump whatever solids you can into the toilet and then lay the diaper poop side down in the water. Bucket had a tap on the side so I could drain it off and then I'd dump the contents in the utility sink and hose it all down before washing it. I did three sanitary wash cycles, only using soap the first time.

Now that we live in a different city with higher water bills I'm not sure that well cloth diaper past BFing.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amberDey said:
    Okay here is my question... When cloth diapering how do you clean a poppy diaper?
    If its in the first 6 months and breastmilk its water soluable and can go in the wash. After solids you can rinse in the toilet. We usually just scrape it off and then throw it in the wash. 

Cleaning the diaper is not nearly as bad as cleaning the baby bottom
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dumb question.

Can you put yogurt right on your vag to fight an yeast infection? Just curious for those suffering. Obviously one with no flavor.

• Options
    lisaren said:

Dumb question.

Can you put yogurt right on your vag to fight an yeast infection? Just curious for those suffering. Obviously one with no flavor.

Yeah I've done it. It's very soothing.
  • Options
    lisaren said: Dumb question. Can you put yogurt right on your vag to fight an yeast infection? Just curious for those suffering. Obviously one with no flavor. I think so...but you just have to be really careful about what yogurt. It has to be one without a ton of sugars because that could mess you up even worse. 

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    you can just wash FF poops, too.  Only need to start worrying about getting poop off the dipes once you introduce solids.  Both breast milk and formula are water soluble, so the waste from both simply washes away with water.  Solids aren't water soluble (think corn in the poop), so you try to limit how much solids go in the washer.

We use a diaper sprayer for messy poops.  Most are ploppable now... particularly since DD seems to have chronic constipation :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone get cramps after they orgasm ( big O) ? Or is just me ? Does anyone find that weird lol? Wonder what's the reason behind that?
  • Options
    I'm loving this board. You guys are hilarious!
  • Options
    KatzKiss said:

I just pooped at it was kind of blueish in color. Does that mean I'm having a boy or was it the tube of blue icing I just ate?

And now your my bump crush!
  • Options
    Fuzzy hair is normal lol :D thank your rising hormone levels. I have one annoying one on my chin that hurts like hell when I pluck it :-?
  • Options

Does anyone get cramps after they orgasm ( big O) ? Or is just me ? Does anyone find that weird lol? Wonder what's the reason behind that?

I do. And I am multiorgasmic. And my orgasms have been really hard lately.

Orgasms cause the ute to contract. I cramp not pregnant after sex, its just worse pregnant, presumably because the uterus is bigger so we feel it more.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Options
    yES! I'm like \m/ when I "O" ! Lol it's a good feeling but dang.. Afterwards my stomach is in knots! Lol
  • Options
    yES! I'm like \m/ when I "O" ! Lol it's a good feeling but dang.. Afterwards my stomach is in knots! Lol

This made me laugh, but it's so true for me. Not so much the pain afterword, but I definitely feel very \m/ when I 'o'
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So I meant to ask my OB last week and forgot, but I randomly get this horrible pain that literally feels like my vagina is being stabbed. It is not cramps, it is not my uterus, it is just pain inside my vag. Stabby, stabby pain. It is usually brief, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to no longer than a minute, and may happen a few times a day. It is not sex related, because I'm in no mood anyway, plus the nurse and doc said no sexy time until my spotting stops. It is just Random Vag Stabbings. What is up with that?

• Options

So I meant to ask my OB last week and forgot, but I randomly get this horrible pain that literally feels like my vagina is being stabbed. It is not cramps, it is not my uterus, it is just pain inside my vag. Stabby, stabby pain. It is usually brief, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to no longer than a minute, and may happen a few times a day. It is not sex related, because I'm in no mood anyway, plus the nurse and doc said no sexy time until my spotting stops. It is just Random Vag Stabbings. What is up with that?

Its also referred to around here as lightening vagina, because it feels like your vagina is being electrocuted. I had it with my youngest DS but not until later but some women get it now, I've seen a few on here talk about it a while ago. Hope it stops, it would come and go for me.
  • Options

I've heard this described as lighting crotch. I've never had it, but apparently it is normal!!
  • Options

I had random vag stabbings (RVS) with my last pregnancy and I have it with this one too. I have no idea what it is. If you ask your doctor, let me know what he says.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    herlysgirlyherlysgirly member
    edited April 2014

This made me laugh, but it's so true for me. Not so much the pain afterword, but I definitely feel very \m/ when I 'o'

Oh my gosh I think it's so funny when I get further along, when my uterus pops over the pelvic bone, because after you O, not only can you feel your uterus get rock hard, but you can eventually SEE it! Mine would crunch up in a funny shape for a minute or so. It was so weird! I was embarrassed at first, like I didn't want my DH to notice. But by now, whatever. He's seen it all! ;)

Also, after each pregnancy, my O's are much better & more easy to come by! (No pun intended!) :D

Eta - oops I quoted the wrong person, but you get the idea. To whoever mentioned cramps after O'ing - totally normal & it gets more intense. :)
  • Options
    When you orgasm, your body releases oxytocin, which causes your uterus to contract (and later - letdown of your milk). Fun stuff.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I felt that stabbing feeling earlier today. I thought maybe it was pressure from being constipated or ? I'm gng to ask the doc next appointment. It wasn't sex or \m/ related cuz I ain't get none lastnite lol I'm glad u guys say it's normal
  • Options
    Omg I am literally peeing my pants reading this thread. You ladies are hilarious!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! I totally forgot about lightning crotch! Thanks for the reminder ladies... Nooooo! :ar!
  • Options
    Lightning crotch sucks!!

We CD and use liners that are flushable. Cding is really nbd once you get the hang of it.

This thread is cracking me up!!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MindyandRyan I have also had what I now know is lightning vagina. It totally freaked me out so I googled it. It seemed common.
  • Options
    I got the cramping after sex with DS. That's how I figured out I was pregnant. I don't think it's happening this time, though. Weird.
  • Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member
    Normally, I do not like to make light of others pain but every time I see 'lightning crotch' I picture bolts of lightning shooting out and it cracks me up. In my mind it's some cartoonish super power, like Spider-man shooting web... I know, I am twisted. I can imagine the pain is awful, but I just can't get past the name. In all seriousness, I really hope you ladies are all doing well. Please don't hate me for my twisted brain.
    That's what if feels like - wait until the 3rd tri when the baby starts to drop. My doc said it was from pressure on the cervix. I remember getting up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night a few times and would have it - I probably looked like a cartoon. It "hits" and you sort of jump and go stiff for a second like a damn cartoon being hit in the ass with lightening  - they call it lightening crotch for a reason. I think I would also scream and scare the shit out of DH the first few times, perhaps yell out a profanity or two. There is no mistaking it. Ugh, not looking forward to that again!

• Options
    I have honestly never heard of this before! You learn something new every day on TB.
  • Options
    Ally1986 said:
    nonoemily said:
    I got the cramping after sex with DS. That's how I figured out I was pregnant. I don't think it's happening this time, though. Weird.
    Oh boy. I feel like there's some wording that could be fixed in there.

"I got the cramping after sex when I was pregnant with DS."

Bahahaha!! It took me a moment to get it but I agree!
  • Options
    I totally get the lightning vagina and am so happy this is what y'all are calling it. Bahahahahaha. Can't wait to tell DH this tonight!
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
  • Options
    MindyAndRyanMindyAndRyan member
    edited April 2014
    Oh, duh. I wonder if my RVS/lightning vagina could be happening to me now because I have a nerve condition. Geez. Derp. Seriously, some of my medical conditions I have lived with for so long, I forget that they are a thing. So, yeah, it is probably just nerves in my vag going haywire as a result of more blood flow in the 'hood.

• Options
    Yep - almost every time.  Pregnancy sex is SOOOOO different for me.  I always have a cramp after the big O but usually just one long cramp.  But it's totally worth it  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    What is a rainbow baby?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What is a rainbow baby?
    A baby you get to take home from the hospital after a previous loss. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    This was known as lightening crotch on my previous BMB... I don't know the real name, but lightening crotch accurately described the feeling for me.  Like being hit by lightening in the crotch.  Apparently totally normal.  I guess due to *changes* going on down there (I feel like that's the answer to everything).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ally1986 said:

nonoemily said:

Oh boy. I feel like there's some wording that could be fixed in there.

"I got the cramping after sex when I was pregnant with DS."

Whoops! That's what I get for posting at 4:30am! Lol!

• Options
    I have one...
    I apparently have an u/s scheduled for Thursday as part of my initial consult with my MFM. I'll be about 11.5wks. Will this be the NT scan or will they have me schedule an additional u/s for the next week? I could just wait & ask my OB Tues (or, you know, find out at the appointment), but that makes too much sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"