Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Partial Molar Pregnancy?

I had my follow up appt this morning (D&C for MMC 2 weeks ago). Turns out I had a partial molar pregnancy. My OB didn't seem too concerned and said it was just a random thing that happens. I do have to get my levels checked until my HCG is back to 0 for a couple weeks. He said if after this blood draw, it wasn't at 0, I'd have to take meds to expel anything remaining. Google is not my friend in this! Too much scary stuff surrounding molar pregnancies. So I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and what happened? Thank you.
CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: Partial Molar Pregnancy?

• thank you qanda :)
    CP 3/07
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 11/14
  • I do not have any experience but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you the best. I also want to say that when it comes to medical conditions, google is often not my friend!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @LisaG09. I should know better than to Google! ;)

Just got an email from my doctor (automated). hCG is still at 222. I have no idea what's normal, but my OB was hoping for 0. so it looks like I'll be getting blood draws weekly until it goes down.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 11/14
  • Dr Google is the worst. Step away! There was a chance that I had a pmp. If there is any tissue remaining, it could cause problems. This is why they monitor your levels. They should be going down and not up. They will also want you to wait to try again. Hope that your levels do continue to drop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"