June 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Boy Kolt born 32 weeks 6 days. Update 4/19/14

dmizakdmizak member
edited April 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Wow it had been a crazy 4 days!

I went to the Dr. for increased Braxton Hicks and such a sore abdomen. I knew I would be bigger with my second, but this seemed more than that. Apparently I was measuring 38 weeks instead of 32. The Dr. suspected I had excess amniotic fluid and ordered an ultrasound for Friday afternoon to precede my Drs appt. so we could talk about the results.

Went in on Friday at 3:00, after we did maternity pictures ironically, by 6:30 we were on an emergency plane to Denver because they felt we needed a great hospital with a great NICU.

My baby boy has hydrops. Still waiting on etiology, lots of tests pending. Could be viral, could be genetic, just not sure yet. They did an amniocentesis on Saturday to release some of the pressure and to try to get the uterus to stop contracting. They took off 1700 ml! I felt so much more comfortable after that.

Unfortunately, despite wanting to keep him in as long as possible, his heart rate was not doing well with the mild contractions I was still having, they decided he needed to be born via C-section on Sunday morning.

He was born at 11:35, 6 lbs 3 oz, "wet weight" he's so puffy. They are doing their best to help him drain the fluid with chest tubes. He has lost a lot of fluid already. It is a day-by-day process. They just will have to keep monitoring him, taking off fluids, breathing for him, and trying to get him better. It could be 2 weeks, could be 2 months. We just have to wait.

Luckily we have the best family looking out for us. My son is in great hands here in the NICU. My little boy is having a blast with his cousins back at home. My in laws are here to help with everything.

Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated, and I hope all that I wrote made sense.

God bless you all, and good luck with the rest of your pregnancies.

Edited to add crazy maternity photo the day we got flown to Denver.
Glad we did them that day.

Update:

Kolt is doing well. They have 3 of the 4 chest tubes still draining the fluid that builds up in his thoracic cavity.

We got to talk to a neonatologist last night and he was explaining to us about this chylothorax that Kolt has and how it makes his lymphatic system "leaky". Basically all we are doing now is sustaining him until the thoracic duct heals itself, and that just takes time. It's not something they can fix with surgery since it's like trying to repair wet tissue paper.

So we still don't know why he had hydrops, but they know how to fix it, which is all that matters. Don't really know how long we will be here, the question hasn't really been asked. They say it is a case by case basis on how long it takes for the chylothorax to repair itself. It's going to be slow, but we're just happy and so thankful for the little miracles that happen everyday while he slowly gets better.

Thanks to all of you internet strangers for your thoughts and prayers. I'll start lurking again while I'm pumping or something and add my two cents when I feel I have something to contribute.

Take care!

PS Here's a new picture. He's a LITTLE less swollen. A little better everyday.

Devon
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Boy Kolt born 32 weeks 6 days. Update 4/19/14

• Options
    Thinking of you and your family, especially your LO!  Hope he is feeling better soon!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your beautiful boy!  Lots of thoughts and prayers being sent for you and baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness
    Keeping you and baby boy Kolt in my thoughts&prayers!

He is so precious! Keep fighting baby Kolt!

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• Options
    Thinking about you and baby Kolt!
  • Options
    He's precious. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    He's beautiful! Congratulations! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts over the next few weeks. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    What a georgous baby. Congradulations! I will keep you and your in my thoughts and send lots of warm wishes.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy....I will keep lo in my t&ps that they are able to do everything they need to do to get him home.
  • Options
    What a difficult time this must be for you but I am so glad you have such a supportive family around. Congratulations on your beautiful little one and I certainly hope he has a speedy recovery (and you too!).
    Tristan Phillip - 2 wks
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your new LO and sending prayers that he gets well and is able to go home soon. 

• Options
    Oh my, what a weekend. Congratulations to you and your family on Beau baby Kolt. Vest wishes for a short stay and uneventful recovery for you. ((Hugs))

• Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Keeping you in my thoughts.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    So sorry! Lots of T&Ps for your family!
  • Options
    He's so handsome! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Praying for you and your precious baby boy! Wishing your family health and a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Beautiful baby! Keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Congrats on your little boy and fingers crossed for a fast recovery!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Options
    Congrats on your baby boy! T&P that your NICU stay is short.

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Options
    He is precious, congratulations!! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way! So glad that you have a good team taking care of both of you!!! {(creepy Internet hug!!)} >:D<
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!  Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What a busy four days! Congratulations, he is beautiful! I will be thinking of you, Kolt and your whole family during the NICU roller coaster .
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Kolt! I will be thinking of you, your family and your LO.
  • Options

Keeping you and your family close in prayer.  Praying for a quick recovery for you both.  Congratulations!

• Options
    kk627kk627 member
    Congratulations! Prayer for Baby Kolt. Keep fighting baby!
    photo imagesCA6G9QBP_zpsc3789ebf.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps2cdcb730.jpg

May Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV Mom

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    What a handsome cutie!  Congrats and wishing the little guy a speedy recovery. 
  • Options
    Look at that sweet face!! Hope he gets out of there quickly!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your handsome lil guy! Thoughts and prayers!!!
  • Options
    Goodness. Thinking of you guys and sending thoughts and prayers

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

• Options
    Kolt is such a cutie! Prayers for you in the coming weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
    June 2014 February Siggy Challenge - Picture of me and DH
  • Options

Congrats on your beautiful little bundle!!! T&P's that he keeps getting stronger and stronger and you both can get home soon!

• Options
    What a crazy weekend.  Congratulations on your little boy! Fingers crossed you get to take him home very soon.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    congrats on baby kolt!  glad to hear he is in great hands at the nicu.  t&p to you and your family :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on your sweet baby boy. I will be sending many prayers to you and Kolt. Keep us posted on his progress!
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby boy. He is soo cute. That little nose just gets me.

I pray for him, your family and medical staff taking care of him as well. May he get stronger everyday. May you have more good days then bad days as he recovers.

Just know he has many people praying and wishing nothing but good thoughts as he works to get home.
  • Options
    What a whirlwind, but I'm glad to hear he's getting good care.  Congrats on your little boy and he will be in my thoughts that he has a quick and uneventful stay in NICU.  Keep us updated!
  • Options
    How handsome!  Congratulations on your beautiful baby.  I hope he is feeling better very soon!  I'll be thinking of you both.

image        image

• Options
    Good luck to you and your little guy, I wish him a speedy recovery. So glad you have a supportive family and friends to help you through. He is adorable!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your LO! I hope his NICU stay is short and everyone can go home ASAP. 

• Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful son! I hope he gets to come home soon. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    Congratulations! Kolt is adorable. Many thoughts and prayers being sent to all of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"