Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When sleep longer stretch?

Just curious when your baby started going longer than 2-3 hours between feedings in the night (even if it was just one 4 hour stretch then back to every 2-3). I can't remember with my first born, though I know he was going 6-8 hours at night around 6 weeks.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When sleep longer stretch?

• Options
    My pediatrician told me that around 10lbs is when LO should be expected to start sleeping through the night and should definitely be by 12lbs. It doesn't mean that it will be every night it will just start happening then
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My little one is about to be 2 months on Friday.  He started sleeping 4 - 4 1/2 hour stretches about a week ago.  So between 7-8 weeks for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby is a month old and hasn't slept for more than 2-3 hours yet, even at night.
  • Options
    My pediatrician told me that around 10lbs is when LO should be expected to start sleeping through the night and should definitely be by 12lbs. It doesn't mean that it will be every night it will just start happening then
    Really? Baby Nicholas is almost 6 weeks, and weighs 12 pounds, and he has yet to go beyond 3 hours at night. Even if he eats 5 ounces. This is number 4, so I've learned to just go with the flow. Eventually I will get to sleep longer.
  • Options
    My pediatrician told me that around 10lbs is when LO should be expected to start sleeping through the night and should definitely be by 12lbs. It doesn't mean that it will be every night it will just start happening then.

**STUCK IN THE QUOTE BOX**

I wouldn't hold my breath. My DS was 9lb 6oz at birth and didn't routinely sleep 3 - 4 hour stretches until he was 4 weeks. He was over 18 pounds last I checked and still doesn't STTN most nights. Also, STTN does not mean they sleep all night long. Technically, it's 5 - 6 hours at that age. That's likely what your pedi meant. If he meant they would sleep 8 - 12 hours after they hit 10 - 12 pounds then I wouldn't put much stock in anything that particular doctor has to say.

Length of sleep stretches at night has nothing to do with weight. You should ask the mom of a 2 year-old that still won't STTN; there are plenty of them.
  • Options
    My LO started last week sleeping 4 hours at night. Sometimes she does two 4 hour blocks back to back. That makes mommy happy! She will be 6 weeks on Friday.
  • Options
    Ds is 5 weeks And started sleeping 3-5 hour stretches around 3.5 weeks. Every baby is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dd will be 6 weeks Friday and sleeps 4-6 hour stretches back to back and has since 3 weeks. She weighs 10lbs although my first 2 didn't give me those types of stretches until 12 weeks
  • Options
    My daughter is going to be 3 months old next week and has been sleeping through the night since she was about 7-8 weeks old from 10:30p to 6a.  She cat naps during the day more now and still eats every 3-4 hours during the day.  She's around 11lbs. 
  • Options
    Beckel84Beckel84 member
    edited April 2014
    My LO is 11wks, and just started giving us a 3-4 hr first stretch at maybe end of week 9 or into week 10. He was 14 lbs at that point, maybe 15 now. The rest of the night is still half/half with up every 2 hrs or sometimes a second 3-4 hr stretch. As for the weight factor, there is no "definitely" anything with any baby, except maybe that they should "definitely" be eating and pooping. I've heard and read from moms who have 7lb babies who STTN for 9 hrs from week 3, and moms who have 2-3 yr old children who still wake up once a night.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Options
    My LO is 11 weeks tomorrow. She has been sleeping 8+ hours at night since about week 7. (The last week or two has been from 9pm until we wake her at 9am). She was just under 10lb at her 2 month appt. I know we are an extreme case though-most don't sleep this much!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    jackieoicklejackieoickle member
    edited April 2014
    My babe slept 5 hours last night, and he's 6 weeks old. Could have been just a fluke, hoping it happens more often. His average though has been 3 hours at a time during the night
  • Options
    DS just turned 5w on Saturday sand just started a 5 hour stretch. However it is from 9pm-2am between feedings. Then will go 3 hours between feedings after that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My son has been sleeping around 4ish hours the first stretch, then about three hours after that. He's 2 months on Friday, but he's done this since birth! We've only had 2 or 3 nights where he was up every two hours.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

February 2014 Moms Siggy Challenge... Turkeys

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

This is bullshit. My baby was 10lbs at 3 months old. He's almost 9 months & still wakes up to eat at least once.

You are in for a big wake up (no pun intended) call.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"