January 2014 Moms
Options

CPT: Eye color at birth

blue_elleblue_elle member
edited April 2014 in January 2014 Moms
What color were your LO's eyes at birth? I've read "most" babies have blue eyes at birth, so curious if that's true here.

M's eyes were dark dark brown. We could barely see his pupil. They've lightened some since. I have hazel eyes, DH has brown eyes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

CPT: Eye color at birth 210 votes

Blue
68% 143 votes
Gray
19% 41 votes
Brown
7% 16 votes
Green
0% 0 votes
SS
4% 10 votes

Re: CPT: Eye color at birth

• Options
    DS's were blue and they are still blue.  DH and I both have blue eyes, so that's what we expected.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    They were newborn blue at birth and they are lighter blue now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They were grey when he was born and they are still grey. DH has hazel eyes and I have light brown eyes. Hazel eyes run in my family, and DH's mom has bright blue eyes. We shall see. Hoping for hazel at least!

• Options
    Gray at birth and light blue now.
  • Options
    DS2 has been blue since birth and is still that newborn blue colour. 
    DS1 was grey at birth and they went brown.  
    I'm blue eyed and DH is brown eyed, so it looks like we may end up with one son in each eye colour. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS had blue eyes and his turned brown. DD's eyes have stayed blue so far.

• Options
    Carter: Dark blue at birth, light blue now (at 5).

Brynn: Medium blue at birth, super light blue now (at 3).

Reid: Dark blue at birth, then went to light blue, then grey, now they're like a hazel/green/grey/blue color (at 18 months).  I'm assuming they'll be mostly green?  Who knows.  They didn't start changing until he was over a year.

Emerson: Dark blue at birth and still dark blue.  She's my darkest baby though, so I'm assuming she'll have hazel or brown eyes like DH and I.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    Both of my girls had dark blue eyes at birth and are still that color. Their eyes are exactly the same color as my husband's, I doubt they'll change. My eyes are very light blue so we knew the girls' would have blue eyes but they're definitely my husband's color!

• Options
    Greyish, with a bit of brown in the middle and a bit of blue on the outside.  I don't know which way it'll go.  I'm guessing brown, but hoping blue.

• Options
    They have been a darker grey that is slowly turning brown. DS1 has dark dark brown eyes like I used to have. Mine have lightened over the last several years. I'm assuming DS2's will go the same route.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    They were blue/grey at birth and about the same now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS's eyes were black and are now blue
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    They were a VERY dark blue, so dark you couldn't tell the color unless you were under certain lights.. They've since lightened some, but are still a darker blue or a grey, and in some lights they even look green. SO and I both have blue/green hazel eyes, mine leans more to blue and his towards green, but they change regularly depending on light, clothes, ect.
  • Options
    Dark steel blue/gray and now they are lightening up to a pretty shade of blue. 
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Options
    Gilmore09 said:

They were newborn blue at birth and they are lighter blue now.

This is my LO as well. I'm hoping they stay blue but heard they can change any time up to around a year. I have hazel eyes and my husband has blue.

Ditto. Such a beautiful blue now, I really hope it sticks!!!
    Megan J.
    Wife - 10.20.12 / Expecting - 05.20.13 / Mommy - 01.14.14

• Options
    Mia's were gray and are now a light brown. Her brother was dark blue that went to hazel. Both H and I have brown eyes [his light; mine dark].
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Christopher had blue eyes at birth and they are still blue now. They are a deep blue like his Dad

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Sam's were black!! I don't know if it was a preemie thing or not, but they've lightened up to brown now.
  • Options
    DS eyes were dark blue at birth but now one eye has more green/hazel and I have green/yellow eyes and DH are blue. So I'm guessing DS eyes will slowly be turning to a green. :)
  • Options
    I put SS because it was hard to tell what colour her eyes were... sometimes they looked dark blue, sometimes gray, and sometimes tinges of brown. Now they seem to be dark blue with a brown ring around her pupil, so I'm guessing they're going to be brown. (I have brown eyes, H has blue, but my mom has blue eyes so there was a chance DD would have had blue)
  • Options
    Maddox was dark blue at birth and now a gorgeous blue like his daddy! I have hazel eyes... So I was shocked.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Grey at birth. Grey with brown flecks now. I think they may end up hazel because DH has light blue eyes and I have brown. DSs were also grey at birth but quickly turned a medium brown.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Both had dark blue eyes that got lighter.
  • Options
    Dark blue at birth, working toward hazel now. I have blue eyes but MH has hazel. I was surprised when they started changing so early, I'm not going to lie.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    Dark blue and birth, medium blue now.  DH and I both have blue eyes, so I think blue is his only option.  Although his shade doesn't match either of us (mine are super light, DH's have some green and yellow in them).  
  • Options
    His were a sapphire blue. Now they are dark grey./ blueish green.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"