November 2014 Moms
Options

lower back pain

I read that lower back pain is the uterus shifting and your body making room for baby. Does anyone else have lower back pain? any truth to this?

Re: lower back pain

• Options
    I have had some back pain too - I can't imagine how I'll feel by third tri! I think mine is partly caused by my mattress though. DH just gave me a back rub - love him!!

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I've had low back pain off and on since bfp. This week seems to be flaring up again (week 10).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have def had lower back pain as well!!! It sucks!!
  • Options
    I have had lower back issues for years as my hips are slightly tilted in opposite directions, but it was mostly under control until I got pregnant. I suspect that is due to the relaxing of joints, which forces your muscles to take over all of the stabilization/hold things where they belong job. I especially have trouble sleeping (with a body pillow, even).

Any exercises to strengthen the trans abdominals have helped me in the past. I would guess you can Google that to see instructions for stretches that might help.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I had horrible back pain throughout my last pregnancy and had to wear a maternity support belt for most of it. That did help some as it lifted baby weight and added extra stability to my core. You might want to think about getting one as the pregnancy progresses if your back pain persists. My insurance paid for mine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emw87 I have back pain and it goes down my left but cheek too!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    yep i've had some lower back pain as well. I've had pinched nerves in my back in the past but i'm hoping they dont flare up bc when they do i'm down for a couple days in severe pain. stretching and icy hot/bengay work for me.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    atokatok member
    Yes. I posted about this 2 weeks ago. I had it in my first pg but not like this time. The girls here told me the pAin was normal... But I was hospitalized last week so my ob could monitor my pain. I could not walk, sit , stand . The pain is horrible and don't wish it on anyone
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am also having horrible pains in my left butt cheek. I have been reading that it is likely our sciatic nerve. I am only 9 ish weeks right now but will be asking my doctor more about it when I go in at 12 weeks, because this has just been horrible. :(
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I think hormones also play a role in back pain.  Try to look up some gentle stretches and back strengthening moves. 

• Options
    I'm 8 weeks today and have had lower back pain since 6 weeks! It's right on the top of my lower left butt cheek and it hurts! Only feels better when I'm flat on my back :-/

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Options
    I have the back of a 90 year old woman. We were hoping it wouldn't bother me until 3rd trimester, we were wrong. It sucks that I have a box full of meds to help and can't take a single one :/ Lots of rest, heating pad, and comfy shoes help. I also really limit what I do daily. It sucks, buy it will be worth it in the end I know!
  • Options
    I had terrible low low back pain until the past week. I actually found some of the yoga poses for sciatica and chakras 1 & 2 helped.
  • Options
    I went through this like 2 weeks ago and I swore I threw out my back. My pain was at the bottom of my back near my butt. I also noticed that when I stretched or bent over to pick something up it hurt like hell. It did subside after like a week. I rested it out and did some stretching exercises to ease it out.
  • Options
    I had this with my first pregnancy and it started early. I don't know what causes it but I thought it was related to my, um, undefined abdominal "muscles." the support belt thing did help but I felt like an old lady... it was pretty funny looking under my clothes. hope it subsides for you.

Dx hyperprolactinemia Oct 2009, started bromocryptine Jan 2010

BFP Oct 2010 DS born June 2011

Dx galactorrhea Sept 2013

BFP Sept 2013 MC Oct 2013 D&C Nov 2013, back on bromocryptine Nov 2013

• Options
    Every time I walk or jog for any amount of time I have pain in the lower back and tailbone. It also feels more pinched near my left butt cheek. If I don't exercise then I get really tired. Not too sure what to do!
  • Options
    I'm convinced everytime I stand up and walk that my legs are going to pop right out of their sockets. I also feel like my hips are going to come completely unhinged lol. It's going to be a long 7 more months. Don't remember this much joint pain with my other two.
  • Options
    I have a back injury and for more than a week my back has hurt (usually I don't have much pain) like crazy. I broke down and finally bought the Snoogle pregnancy pillow at BBB and 3 days in, no pain any of the days after using it for sleep.
  • Options
    I ended up calling our triage nurses about this because my paid has been getting worse. Getting up from my office chair, going up stairs and even walking cause pain in my lower back and left buttocks. They stated that I have sciatica which is when the nerve is being pinched from my growing uterus (although it's not even that big yet) but they are setting me up with physical therapy. They said sadly it will most likely get worse and yoga, streching and even water aerobics should help. Just thought I'd pass along the info I recieved. What your experiencing might be different, but it won't hurt to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"