TTC After a Loss

***<><>AMA weekly check-in<><>*** (BFP warning)

***<><>AMA weekly check-in<><>***
This check-in is for Friday, April 11, 2014.  All right - I’m really late and I’m going to do a condensed version to boot . . . but, I was stalling.
We have a BFP down below. If today is not your day to see a BFP, please skip below the third line of hearts.

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
No new members

****BFP warning****
Congrats to Eliz77!!!! Have a very happy and healthy 9 months!
This is a check-in designed for us that are AMA (35+) and dealing with that added challenge in our TTCAL journeys. Please feel free to share your insights, vents, thoughts, and anything else. Mostly this check-in is to remind all of us that we are not alone and to offer support to each other. Check in every Friday. New members: Post an introduction and your current TTC status and I will add you to the list! Welcome :-) Current members: Post your updates, link to your chart, upcoming appointments, and if you get a BFP, please PM me!
Current Members:

anitaflora
Ashellypnut
Bigboneded
buggirl72
clh4444
dajhughes
dzinrgrl

gscoville
HeyMrsPotter
HoldingOutHope
jenwashington
katib77
kboydbowman
MCH77
mlal78
MrsDL
peggels24
RN536
rubysi
RustyGirl3
SoxFan777
Tablefor5

Please give an update on how you are doing.

To anyone who missed last week’s check-in: how are you?

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ***&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;AMA weekly check-in&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;*** (BFP warning)

• Hi, Bug. Thanks for the check-in, and congrats again on passing the Bar not once but twice!

Those who saw my long AW post last week already know that we've started talking to our RE about the possibility of using donor eggs. In the meantime, we can try IUI one or two more times. But, when I went in for my baseline U/S on Saturday they found a 24mm cyst. So, we'll have no treatments this cycle. I don't welcome the cyst but I do welcome the break from the injects. 

If any of my lovely fellow AMA ladies are in need today, this hug's for you: 
    >:D<
  • Hi, Bug. Thanks for the check-in, and congrats again on passing the Bar not once but twice!

Those who saw my long AW post last week already know that we've started talking to our RE about the possibility of using donor eggs. In the meantime, we can try IUI one or two more times. But, when I went in for my baseline U/S on Saturday they found a 24mm cyst. So, we'll have no treatments this cycle. I don't welcome the cyst but I do welcome the break from the injects. 

If any of my lovely fellow AMA ladies are in need today, this hug's for you: 
    >:D<
    I'm sorry for the cyst but I hope you take advantage of the treatment break and get to de-stress a bit.

Since you are thinking about donor eggs, if you want to have some fun (as "fun" as this process is) you should look at medical tourism. The cost of a cycle is about half of what it is in the U.S. and you get to spend some time in a foreign country :)   (I spend too much time googling).

• Loading the player...
  • mlal78 said:
    Not much going on here.  I am in the WTO part of my cycle, and I can possibly O anywhere from cd15 on to cd30.  I am kind of slacking this cycle.  I am still temping, but I have not ordered any opks yet....I may end up not using them this cycle.

I tackled a huge painting project this weekend, our front entrance/upstairs hall.  It is a two story area that no ladders could reach.  I ended up twenty feet in the air on scaffolding.

I am still not 100% done, still have trim and doors to be painted, but it looks so much better.  It will also forever be this colour because I am NOT going through that again!
    It will be so worth it when it is done! Every time I paint something I remember how much work painting is.

I have around 100 OPKs - PM me if you would like me to share some of my stash with you :)

• Hi, Bug! And again, CONGRATS on passing the bar - again! <:-P How are you doing, love? I hope all is well.

*snip*

Not much new with me... Still trudging through this cycle without temping or OPKs. And of course it's wonky. I think it will ultimately be anov, just based on symptoms and the weirdness that has been going on. So yay. I have a consult set up with an RE for the end of next month; I need to start getting together all my records for that. In a funny twist of fate, I found out that another bumpie friend and I will be seeing the exact same doctor! How crazy?!

Aside from that, I visited the nutritionist at my doctor's office and we're tweaking my diet a bit. Have I whined lately about my thyroid? ;) I have 10 stubborn pounds to lose, and no matter what I do, they simply will. not. budge. The nutritionist has me on a good plan, so I'm trying to focus all my energy on this and stop obsessing over TTC. Easier said than done, as we all know.

*snip*

Sending big hugs to all of you ladies this evening. :x
    Thanks!

I had the same thing happen to me last cycle when I did not temp or use OPKs! It ended up being wonky and my AF ended up being wonky! Why do our bodies mess with us?

I hope the RE can get you some good answers and a good plan going forward. I went and saw a new OB for my annual and he agreed to run a butt-load of blood work for me. He wants to wait to do it all on CD3 (including my thyroid panel and some other stuff that could have been done any day of my cycle) so I have to wait until the end of the month for that. Depending on what that sows will determine if I make an appointment with an RE here.

• Hi Ladies!  Thanks Bug for the check in - and CONGRATS on the bar.  I must have missed that post while I was away the past few days.  Must be such a huge weight off your shoulders.  

Congrats Eliz77!!  <3

AFM - I had major sharp pains last Tues night & Wed morning enough to get a last minute U/S and I left there confused.  The tech made it sound like it was a 25mm cyst that was releasing blood, but the nurse made it sound like it was just a collapsing corpus luteum and to just "suck it up Buttercup".  But at least I went on my trip with some peace of mind that it wasn't anything too crazy.  

But I got AF on Sunday (Can I tell you how much fun a 8 hour bus trip with 44 drunks sharing a bus bathroom while having cramps & your period is? Ugh, at least there was booze), so now I have my baseline to start BCP tomorrow morning to start suppression for IVF#2 so the tech will look again and I'll get some more straight answers out of her.  But even if it's a cyst - at least the pain seemed to have gone almost totally away and the way they treat that is with BCP...so I'll be taking that anyway and fx shouldn't mess with our time table.  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• katib77 said:
    Hi Ladies!  Thanks Bug for the check in - and CONGRATS on the bar.  I must have missed that post while I was away the past few days.  Must be such a huge weight off your shoulders.  

Congrats Eliz77!!  <3

AFM - I had major sharp pains last Tues night & Wed morning enough to get a last minute U/S and I left there confused.  The tech made it sound like it was a 25mm cyst that was releasing blood, but the nurse made it sound like it was just a collapsing corpus luteum and to just "suck it up Buttercup".  But at least I went on my trip with some peace of mind that it wasn't anything too crazy.  

But I got AF on Sunday (Can I tell you how much fun a 8 hour bus trip with 44 drunks sharing a bus bathroom while having cramps & your period is? Ugh, at least there was booze), so now I have my baseline to start BCP tomorrow morning to start suppression for IVF#2 so the tech will look again and I'll get some more straight answers out of her.  But even if it's a cyst - at least the pain seemed to have gone almost totally away and the way they treat that is with BCP...so I'll be taking that anyway and fx shouldn't mess with our time table.  
    It is! I pretty much convinced myself I would be testing again in July so it was a relief to see my name on the list.

Ugh with the cyst and the way your nurse handled it! If someone is in pain you do not just shrug it off and make them feel bad for coming in about it. It sounds like AF showing when she did is actually pretty good timing for your time table. I'm hoping you baseline comes back clear.

• Hello ladies!  Thanks for the check-in Bug and congrats again!!!!  I'm not jealous that you had to take two bar exams but I am just a little bit jealous that you recently got to feel that total euphoria of passing!!!  Mine was so long ago.

As far as me - not much here.  Supposed to get AF on Friday or Saturday.  Almost tested this morning but managed to talk myself down.  If no luck this cycle, I'll start temping and/or OPK's next cycle - I think I may start with just OPK's but we'll see how I feel come AF.

Congrats @eliz77
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• buggirl72 said:
    *snip*
    I'm sorry for the cyst but I hope you take advantage of the treatment break and get to de-stress a bit.

Since you are thinking about donor eggs, if you want to have some fun (as "fun" as this process is) you should look at medical tourism. The cost of a cycle is about half of what it is in the U.S. and you get to spend some time in a foreign country :)   (I spend too much time googling).

Thanks, Bug. I hadn't thought about medical tourism at all, but we do love travel. There's so much to consider if we really go down that path. I'm glad your OB agreed to some testing, and I hope it provides some helpful answers. 

@mlal78, congrats on that painting project, and GL for this cycle. I hope your O doesn't keep you waiting too long. 

@HoldingOutHope, I'm sorry this cycle is looking so wonky. I hope you come away from the RE consult next month with a plan you'll feel good about. In the meantime, congrats on staying focused on your health and nutrition. 

@Katib77, I'm glad the timing seems to be working out OK for your upcoming IVF, and I'm keeping my FX that they cyst is resolved soon. 

@peggels24, FX for you this cycle.  

• peggels24 said:
    Hello ladies!  Thanks for the check-in Bug and congrats again!!!!  I'm not jealous that you had to take two bar exams but I am just a little bit jealous that you recently got to feel that total euphoria of passing!!!  Mine was so long ago.

As far as me - not much here.  Supposed to get AF on Friday or Saturday.  Almost tested this morning but managed to talk myself down.  If no luck this cycle, I'll start temping and/or OPK's next cycle - I think I may start with just OPK's but we'll see how I feel come AF.

Congrats @eliz77
    I would have been happy to stick with one Bar only! How do the Barbri lecturers take 10 bars? They better pay them well.

Hopefully you will not have to worry about next cycle but, if you do, OPKs are a nice start.

• ***past BFP & loss mentioned***

Hello all--this is my first time posting on this board after I just learned what AMA stands for...I had confused it with "American Medical Association" because I have citation styles on my brain. I turned 40 last October and had never really wanted kids until about a month before my birthday. Than those thoughts started...and our journey began with IUD removal last November and a surprisingly prompt positive on a HPT in late January. Sadly, I had a very early m/c in February and have been recovering from that and a lingering staph infection. This cycle, I guess we are NTNP. While I'm still scared of what may be ahead, I am feeling like I am ready to try again. My age is the potential dealbreaker here...it just feels like we have so little time left. So while I'm very sorry for everyone's losses, I was happy to see an AMA check-in on this board :-) 
    Welcome and I am so sorry for your loss. You might ask to have your OB run your AMH level. It's a simple blood test that will give you a better idea about potential egg quality/quantity issues.

I hope your staph infection clears up quickly!

• Bug, I had no idea that the Barbri lecturers take 10 bar exams! That is nuts!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• peggels24 said:
    Bug, I had no idea that the Barbri lecturers take 10 bar exams! That is nuts!
    I'm not sure if all of them do - I just remember one of them saying he took 10 and another one had taken around 7 or so.

• Hey there Bug. Congrats on the exam!
    Thank you for manning the checkin :)

I am so late checking in so I won't do individuals, so Hey Everyone! High fives to those that had great and happy things happen and big ((hugs)) to those that just plain need them.

This week I'm just getting the family easter shindig decor and menu together and praying that I make it through without falling apart on Sunday.

Question: Is Friday too soon to bake cupcakes for Sunday? I'm making pink lemon aid and key lime with butter creme frosting. I'll ice them Saturday and keep them in the fridge.
  • Hello Ladies...
    Having my own pity party... flu....2ww... and broken bump...grrr... I did sit outside while dh did some planting this afternoon and I am starting to feel better. Wish I could be a better bumpie and participate more but working in opera sucks ass. Without signatures I don't know who or what I am talking about... Hugs to all that need them.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Tablefor5 said:
    Hey there Bug. Congrats on the exam! Thank you for manning the checkin :) I am so late checking in so I won't do individuals, so Hey Everyone! High fives to those that had great and happy things happen and big ((hugs)) to those that just plain need them. This week I'm just getting the family easter shindig decor and menu together and praying that I make it through without falling apart on Sunday. Question: Is Friday too soon to bake cupcakes for Sunday? I'm making pink lemon aid and key lime with butter creme frosting. I'll ice them Saturday and keep them in the fridge.
    This would be a good question for @DCWJes - not sure if she is out there lurking or not.

I found this link that has some info on when to bake and when to frost.

Can you talk with your H to make an escape plan if you need to step away from everyone? ((((hugs))))

• rubysi said:
    Hello Ladies... Having my own pity party... flu....2ww... and broken bump...grrr... I did sit outside while dh did some planting this afternoon and I am starting to feel better. Wish I could be a better bumpie and participate more but working in opera sucks ass. Without signatures I don't know who or what I am talking about... Hugs to all that need them.
    ((((hugs)))) and I'm sorry you have the flu. I hope you are past the worst of it and start feeling better. 

• Tablefor5Tablefor5 member
    edited April 2014
    @VesperLynch‌ thank you for the input. I have done that when I do the fun sculpted cakes. I just haven't with cupcakes. Now that I think about it the bakery in town keeps their cupcakes in the fridge until they need to restock the the counter. My main worry is making them too soon and them not tasting fresh.
    @buggirl72‌ thanks for the link :)
  • buggirl72 said:
    Tablefor5 said:
    Hey there Bug. Congrats on the exam! Thank you for manning the checkin :) I am so late checking in so I won't do individuals, so Hey Everyone! High fives to those that had great and happy things happen and big ((hugs)) to those that just plain need them. This week I'm just getting the family easter shindig decor and menu together and praying that I make it through without falling apart on Sunday. Question: Is Friday too soon to bake cupcakes for Sunday? I'm making pink lemon aid and key lime with butter creme frosting. I'll ice them Saturday and keep them in the fridge.
    This would be a good question for @DCWJes - not sure if she is out there lurking or not.

Can you talk with your H to make an escape plan if you need to step away from everyone? ((((hugs))))
    *BOOM* 

Apparently I am lurking!! 
    :D

Friday is not too early. Most cupcakes (if stored properly, in an airtight container) can last over a week! HTH!
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • DCWJes said:
    buggirl72 said:
    Tablefor5 said:

*BOOM* 

Apparently I am lurking!! 
    :D

Friday is not too early. Most cupcakes (if stored properly, in an airtight container) can last over a week! HTH!
    Thanks!

There ya go @Tablefor5 - advice from the professional baker!

• @DCWJes‌ thank you for lurking and the advice. I'm making them Saturday while I smoke BBQ.

@buggirl72‌ thank you for connecting me with the right person :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"