Blended Families
Options

Newbie...

Hi everyone! I am new to the group and hoping to be able to share and learn from others who are in blended family situations similar to mine. Here are my stats:

I am 34 and re-married 1 year next month to an amazing man. I have a wonderful son turning 16 next week. My ex has been living with his GF since more or less the time I left him 4 years ago, so at least I can say he's been in a pretty constant relationship since our split. DH and I are in the process of TTC to start our own family (and I've had multiple talks to my son about our plans and he is on board with having a sibling). 

So that's my basic story. I look forward to getting to know everyone else more!

Re: Newbie...

• Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome. I don't know about your son, but my brother is 14yrs apart from our little sister and he ADORES her. He was upset at first about having another sibling, and then indifferent, but he's been wrapped around her finger since she was born.

My mom remarried while I was pregnant with my DS, and I am 21 years older than my sister and live long distance from my family, so I don't have much relationship with her myself. But I wish I did.

Best of luck to your family. Wide age gap siblings can make happy families. I love my siblings, just don't get along with my mom.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

Anniversary

(Jar of Bees- Le Blog)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Welcome! My SS will be 14 years older than our LO and SD will be 9.5 years older! They are both super excited to meet their little brother or sister in June!

This is a  nice board to bounce ideas of others and to vent to an understanding group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"