December 2012 Moms
Options

Want to start a new Monday Thing?

Parenting has a Monday thread called Monday Randomness, people respond with things that happened over the weekend or so far that day.  Do we want to start our own Monday Randomness?

Mine is that Sunday baby girl got up at 7:30am and wouldn't nap until 3pm that afternoon.  She wasn't her giggly, happy self either.  She was a evil, screaming, crying demon child.  I eventually opened her pnp upstairs in my room, moved her monitor up there and let her watch toons until she conked out,which was about 5-10mins. I don't like doing that because i don't want her to grow used to watching tv in order to relax and go to sleep.  Hubs doesn't mind because he does it adn his mother does it. 
I have an employee lunch thing this afternoon and I really don't want to go, but my supv thinks it's a good idea so I can meet everyone.  I guess they have one whenever there are new employees, which is often because they also bring in interns all the time too. 

Re: Want to start a new Monday Thing?

• Options

Morgan was a demon child yesterday!  She cried nonstop from 8:30 am until 9:45, when we left for church.  Then she cried in the car on the way and finally stopped when we walked in.  She was fine while at church, she was in the nursery with my mom though.  So we went for lunch after, it was just the two of us, and she was ok until she decided to spit her mouthful of milk out.  I cleaned her up and we left.  We got home and she ran around crying until I put her down for a nap and she cried herself to sleep.  She slept for almost 2 hours though and when she woke up she was good, until DH got home.  She started crying and acting out again! 

Finally, after dinner while in the tub, she started throwing her toys at me so I took them away.  She didn't like that so she stood up and peed in the tub!  I laughed so hard..She crashed when I laid her down for bed and slept until 7:30 this morning. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Do you think @excitedaunt2b that Morgan and Skye have a psychic link and they were both like, let's drive our parents insane today.  The thing that sucks is that hubs and I were going to go w/her and my bil to Dave & Busters and then shopping at Target.  But she was INSANE and I knew that despite being out she'd be one of those kids where other people start rolling their eyes and muttering under their breath. Skye started throwing things a couple of months ago. She'll just swipe and try to knock the food bowl right out of my hands, or she'll throw her things out of the pnp.  I just leave them on the floor and let her stare at them.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here!  Is she behaving today because Morgan is being good, according to DH.  I honestly think Morgan's issue was we were cooped up all day because the weather was crummy and she loves being outside.  So hopefully it starts to get better so she can get out more and maybe wear herself out.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Skye was out all day on Saturday, and it was mostly rainy all day yesterday.  So far as I know she's acting her normal self today.  Dada is going to take her to the beach today since it's going to be 80. 
  • Options
    Killian peed on the kitchen/dining room floor during naked-time over the weekend. 

I also told a friend who offered us their brand new potty chair that we'd take it but might never use it as I envisioned myself probably being the parent who's kid goes outside to poo because that's what the dog does... and I would be completely okay with that
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    @kescalera...that is funny!  I could imagine Morgan trying to stand up to pee because that's what Daddy does!  He takes her to the bathroom with him because he's afraid to leave her alone while he goes.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    @dbello23, MOTY right here, I can't tell you how many times I've said "You're lucky I love you." LOL If that mother gave you side eye, then she's a liar if she hasn't said something or the exact same thing you or I have said. 
  • Options
    Dh and I have been training for a 5k and I was so bummed when I went to register us for the race today and found out it was cancelled. I think I found another one that is still at a good time though so it will have to do for motivation.

Dh and I went out over the weekend for my bf's 30th birthday party and it was a blast. We haven't stayed out that late since dd was born (plus the 9 months before that) and we were so exhausted the next day that we were both in bed by 8. 

I had to order a gift for a bday party we are going to this weekend and I ended up buying DD a pair of shoes for her easter basket. Dh keeps complaining that she has too many shoes but I just can't help it, they were minnie mouse shoes and I know DD is gonna love them. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yesterday, Isa slept in a bit... Like 9. But that threw our whole day off bc she didn't want a nap. And DH was pissy about it since he was sore/tired from yard work on Saturday.

Also, had another conversation with my sister, which is always awesome. She wanted sympathy for her loser husband being his usual lovely self. I do feel for her since he really is a jerk, but she's not willing to do anything to help herself. Kind of makes me nuts since she could walk away, but she never will.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    LO has started throwing items into the kitchen garbage (i.e. food that she is finished with, napkins that were used to wipe her face...) Yesterday after we praised her for cleaning up after herself, DH said she'll soon be throwing away anything just so she can open that cabinet. Sure enough, this a.m. I let her hold the grochery shopping list and she goes and tries to throw it out. Luckily, she didn't see that she missed and the paper fell to the floor. Unluckily I left the list (& cell phone) in the house. Didn't realize about the list until we were walking into the store. Luckily we remembered almost everything.

We then visited Gma & Gpa, there she followed Gma into the kitchen, and decided to try to pick up their dog's water bowl... she got quite an unexpected bath of dog water in addition to a good quater inch of water on the floor.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I tell Skye I'm going to sell her to the first person I see on the street. Lol Hubs took lo out today and someone said how cute she was and asked if she was his, he said no, he thought she sad adorable and he had to have her. Lmao. He had to tell her he was kidding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"