1st Trimester
Options

Anyone else still threatened m/c?

I'd love to connect with other women who are still technically threatened m/c. My hcg levels are rising appropriately, but they still call it a threatened m/c until you hear a heartbeat and I'm not there yet. I'd appreciate having someone to go through this with now, as opposed to people who have been through it before and are already on the other side of things (for better or worse).

Re: Anyone else still threatened m/c?

• Options
    neanerbeaner4neanerbeaner4 member
    edited April 2014
    I don't think I'm a threatened m/c, pretty sure it's a blighted ovum (I know that is still a type of miscarriage) and my doctors are just waiting until I go in for my next ultrasound tomorrow to confirm it. It is frustrating that they haven't mentioned it at all. Just makes me worried 24/7 because I know something is not right.

Hoping you get a good outcome.
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Options
    I went in at what I thought was 7w but measured only 5w. There was a sac and yolk sac, but no heartbeat. I go back in 1 week for another u/s. I am hoping for the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tlboatner said:
    I went in at what I thought was 7w but measured only 5w. There was a sac and yolk sac, but no heartbeat. I go back in 1 week for another u/s. I am hoping for the best.
    I am right there with you, only I thought I was 8.5 and only measured about 5.5.  I go back tomorrow morning.  It's been a looooooong week, but I am not expecting good news. 

Good luck to you both!
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Options
    ***lurking from PAIF***

Hi there
    First, I am sorry you are going through this.

Technically speaking I'm experiencing a threatened m/c. I started spotting last Tuesday and saw my doc on Wednesday morning. My u/s showed two sacs and my doc told me that sometimes bleeding just happens. Sunday morning I woke up around 3am with severe, violent vomitting. I ended up with back pain so severe my DH told me to shower because he was taking me to the ER. While I was showering I felt a gush of fluid from my lady parts and looked down and there was so much blood and small clots. The gushes kept coming every 10-30 seconds for about 45 mins. I also passed 2 very large clots that I was sure were my embryos. I gathered them up and headed into my docs office. They did a scan and holy crap the two buggers were still there! The doc that saw me told me that bleeding and passing of clots sometimes just happens. I was placed on bed rest until my "official" scan set for this Wednesday. Since my u/s yesterday I passed 2 more large clots and I'm still bleeding bright red blood.

I don't know your story but I know what it feels like to worry and feel isolated, especially when people are enjoying drama free first trimesters. I am still pretty convinced that this pregnancy is doomed. My DH said we could go into the doctors and get another scan today if it would put my heart at ease....but it isn't going to help..... Because I know there isn't anything they can do anyway.

Anyway... You aren't alone. I'm sitting in the threatened m/c boat too :(
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Options

tlboatner said:

I am right there with you, only I thought I was 8.5 and only measured about 5.5.  I go back tomorrow morning.  It's been a looooooong week, but I am not expecting good news. 

Good luck to you both!

I'm in the same boat! Thank goodness we're in this together. Hi!

I went in at what I thought was 6 weeks and there was a gestational sac measuring 4w 6d with no yolk sac. A week later there was a yolk sac and 2mm embryo, but no heartbeat. My husband thinks I should be excited, but I'm still spotting and I just know I won't relax until I see a heartbeat. I go back Wednesday. Will you girls keep me posted on how things go tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm so sorry O2 girl. How far along are you?

I'm not bleeding as badly as you are, but I totally understand the clotting fear. This is going to sound insane, but I think this might be the one place in the world I can share it right now - every time I pass a clot or find one on my TP I honestly study it for a second to see if it looks like a sac or an embryo. That's what my life has become. I know it's psychotic, but I just keep having this fear that she (or he) will be there one second and gone the next. As if it can just fall out any instant.

If anyone needs quicker responses since I don't have notifications set up, you can text me at *mod edit* any time day or night.
  • Options
    I thought I was having a miscarriage but it sounds no where near as scary as O2 girl.  I am so sorry you even had to experience that kind of anxiety! I had some bleeding 12 days ago and went in for an u/s. I was 7 weeks (and baby was at 6 weeks) pregnant and we saw a strong heartbeat and they told me to go home and just take it easy and hope for the best.  Since then I've been spotting on and off and continue to do so..  I have no idea what that means...I am so scared but I am also realizing that there is nothing I can do except take care of myself.  My next u/s at 11 weeks is on Apr 25th.  That day cannot come soon enough.  Although I am anxious about that too...one one hand hoping everything is ok and that it can be confirmed but on the other hand, so nervous to hear what I don't ever want to hear!  I have some friends and family members telling me how joyous this time is and i just don't get it... I just want to cross this hurdle already!
  • Options
    OP, please please do not put your personal phone numbers on the message boards.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you! It's a google voice number not an actual personal number. I won't put it up though. Thanks!
  • Options

I'm so sorry O2 girl. How far along are you?

I'm not bleeding as badly as you are, but I totally understand the clotting fear. This is going to sound insane, but I think this might be the one place in the world I can share it right now - every time I pass a clot or find one on my TP I honestly study it for a second to see if it looks like a sac or an embryo. That's what my life has become. I know it's psychotic, but I just keep having this fear that she (or he) will be there one second and gone the next. As if it can just fall out any instant.

If anyone needs quicker responses since I don't have notifications set up, you can text me at *mod edit* any time day or night.

I feel you on the TP and clots, I do the same thing :(

I'm 6 weeks 5 days. I have my official pg viability scan today... Scared doesn't really convey the emotions i feel.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

This discussion has been closed.