Attachment Parenting
Options

those who hated Moby - what wrap/carrier?

I got the Moby last time around. Hated it. It was complicated and sweltering hot (had an August baby during 105F weather). I ended up not baby-wearing at all like I had planned for DS.

This time around, I want to try again. So those of you that hated the Moby, what did you like instead? I also have an Ergo that I never really tried, but I don't know about using that for a newborn. I'm looking for something fast & easy to use. How about the K'Tan? 
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: those who hated Moby - what wrap/carrier?

• Options
    I used a K'tan for a while, and that was better.  But once she got to four months or so, I got a Pikkolo (SSC like an Ergo, but could face forward) and used it daily for well over a year (before getting wraps and then a bigger SSC).
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The best thing is to see if you have a babywearing group near you so you can try out some different things.  My siggy link has a run down of pros and cons of various types.  I don't love buckle carriers for newborns but they can work (just harder to do legs out which most babies prefer).  A mei tai may be a good in between option for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a mei tai and a boba air. I love them both.
  • Options
    Neobulle Ring Sling... I especially live because it's so easy to nurse in.
  • Options
    I hated the moby. Loved my ring sling for the newborn stage and the ergo for about 6 months plus.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Ring sling and mei tai are our go-to here!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to have to check out some of these. The mei tai looks especially interesting!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't love the Moby, but I do LOVE wrapping with a woven wrap. Moby's jersey fabric is hot and Moby is very, very long. Also, because of the stretch, Moby started to get saggy quickly. A woven wrap bypasses all of these: breathable, comes in different lengths, is extremely supportive long-term.
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    I have the Boba and LO loved that.  I was able to use it with him almost right away because the back was high enough to support his head.  I also looked into getting the Tula, which is basically a Boba but more comfy to wear on the front.  
  • Options
    Seconding the general chorus of ring sling love; it was my carrier if choice web she was a newborn, and I use it all the time now that she wants to be up and down constantly.
  • Options
    I love my lillebaby. So glad I could try one out at a LLL meeting
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We tried the Moby and the Ergo early on. The Moby I found to be too floppy/not secure enough. The Ergo I found hard to use and ultimately LO hated being worn facing in. At around 3-4 months we started using the Becco Gemini Facing OUT and LO really liked it. I only wore/wear her a couple of hours a week though when we go out or around the house a bit. At 10.5 months it's still working for us. At the end of the day I think every baby and mamma is different so try a bunch of them hopefully with either a return a policy and/or a place you can go to try them on.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"