September 2014 Moms
Options

No weight gain and can't feel baby moving yet

I'm 17 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I haven't gained any weight since March 25. I have gained 8 pounds since my pre-pregnancy weight but it's held steady so far for the past nearly three weeks. I thought I was supposed to grow rapidly in 2nd trimester so I'm a little worried. Also, I haven't felt any movement yet.

I had an ultrasound at 12.5 weeks and everything was great. I had my last prenatal appointment a month ago and all was well. I have my next one this Thursday.

So I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance prior to my upcoming appointment. I have been running a lot, every day, so maybe that's why the weight gain has stopped. I know every pregnancy is different. Has anyone else not felt movement yet this far along?

Thanks in advance!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: No weight gain and can't feel baby moving yet

• Options
    I'm 19 weeks this week and I've only felt flutters. It depends on your body, whether this is your first pregnancy or not, and many other factors I'm sure.

As far as the weight gain, it all depends on your body as well. I've gained 3 lbs so far but some ladies on here have lost since BFP.

I would say to just try and relax and keep positive. It is hard to wait for appts but worrying doesn't help. Let us know how your appt goes this week! :)

• Options
    I have only gained about 2 pounds and I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. Try and relax and remember some women don't feel movement until later. If you are concerned call the dr tomorrow and see if you can move up your appointment from Thursday to tomorrow.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! This is my first pregnancy so I'm sure it's fine. You're right I need to stop worrying! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't gained any weight and I'm 19 weeks. I also hadn't felt movement until recently, (even though this is my second and people say it is common to feel baby earlier the second time around). I wouldn't be worried unless your doctor is, try to stay positive and good luck Thursday :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry. Sounds pretty normal to me.

• Options
    I would not worry I am 18+ weeks FTM zero movement anything from baby had a/s and she is growing wonderfully! I did not even start to gain until these past 2 weeks I managed to put on 2 lbs but that's it the whole pregnancy. ((Hugs))

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options
    I gained 4 lb in the first 4 weeks and then 1 lb since then. I'm not worried. I put on 23 lbs total with my first pregnancy and most of it in the 3rd tri.

As far as movement, if this is your first pregnancy, it's still pretty early for you to be feeling anything. A lot of FTMs don't feel anything until 20+ weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't felt much either and I am 19w.  I keep checking HB with the doppler to make sure everything is OK.  It just eases my anxious mind :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks 3 days and haven't felt any movement yet. I lost 13lbs in the first trimester and haven't gained anything yet this trimester. We bought a fetal doppler so we can listen to the heartbeat and it's definitely good and strong still! Everyone is different, so try not to worry too much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't gained anything the entire pregnancy & I can only feel flutters every now and then. This is #2 for me. I didn't start to gain with DS until week 16, then I gained about a pound/week until the end. Every pregnancy is different, so don't worry. But again, this is why I love having a doppler!! I hear the HB everyday and it eases my PgAL brain!! 
  • Options
    What kind of Doppler do you have for home use that allows you to hear the heart so early on? I looked on Amazon and the devices there say that they will work late in the 2nd trimester.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    First, don't worry about your weight. If it's a problem your OB will let you know. Second, being a FTM you might not feel movement until closer to 20 weeks, it also depends on the placement of your placenta. In a few weeks you'll forget life pre movement!

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Options
    I'm 17 weeks today. I had an appointment last week and they heard the heartbeat so I assume all is fine. 

This is my 3rd so I know what I'm looking for, but I haven't really felt anything definite yet either. A few times I possibly thought I felt something, but nothing for sure yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Try to relax. I heard FTM's can take up to the 5th month to feel anything that you know is for sure baby. If it makes you feel any better, the first time I lost 10 lbs from 6-10 weeks and slowly gained it back. This time I am technically only up 1 lb at 17 weeks. I lost a couple lbs in the beginning and finally 1 lb above when I was weighed at my first OB appt at 6 weeks.

• Options
    anne0709 said:

What kind of Doppler do you have for home use that allows you to hear the heart so early on? I looked on Amazon and the devices there say that they will work late in the 2nd trimester.

I have a sonoline b that I got on eBay. I think they can usually start to pick up the HB around 12 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options

I haven't gained anything past month...but I also gained like 10 pounds within my first 12 weeks. I think all women gain it - just at different times. Some get it early and then level before rising again (me). Some gain nothing and then all of the sudden - BAM! 15 pounds overnight. Some ladies are lucky enough to do it gradually. :D

As far as movement, I started feeling flutters - SERIOUS flutters around 18 weeks. Only in the past couple of days have most of these flutters turned from "minnows nibbling" to little muted "kicks." My doctor originally told me 22 weeks, but again, every lady is different.

• Options
    Sounds totally normal, try not to get worked up about it!
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    Just an update: everything is fine! The baby's heartbeat is strong and I think I even felt some first flutters! I also gained a pound. So I was just being a worry wart again. Thanks for all your support and encouragement!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad that you got some reassuring news.  Its so hard not to worry.  I swear every ache and pain I get super scared and convinced something si wrong.

I cant wait till I start to feel the baby move a little bit, it would be a reminder that everythign is going ok in there!
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"