September 2013 Moms

Up & up brand formula?

Anyone use the target brand of formula and is it comparable to Gerber ? I was thinking of trying it ... Thanks

Re: Up & up brand formula?

• I don't know how it compares to Gerber.  We were using Enfamil Gentlease and made the switch to the Target gentle.  Saw no change, but our babe is a fantastic eater. 
  • docco11 said:

I don't know how it compares to Gerber.  We were using Enfamil Gentlease and made the switch to the Target gentle.  Saw no change, but our babe is a fantastic eater. 

What is the price diff? We use same but wondering if I can switch.

• Loading the player...
  • I use the walmart brand formula and kiddo is doing well.
  • We use the Target Brand formula because it is comparable to Enfamil 1. We love it and it is astronomically cheaper than Enfamil.

As far as price comparison: The large Target container is $24.99 for a 40oz container. The large Enfamil refill box is $35.99 for a 33oz container. The smaller Target tub is $13.49 and the Enfamil refillable tub is $24.99.
    Sounds like this might be a good switch for us. We currently use Enfamil Gentlease but switching could save us some serious cash.
  • We use the Target version of Similac Advance and find it to be comparable. Price is SO much better than Similac.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! We are gonna try it tomorrow! It will be a $ saver if it works.
  • When y'all made the switch did you just start using the new brand or do you mix them some how?

• we switched right over with no problems. 
  • I did one day with one scoop of the new formula in with each bottle, then switched totally over the next day when she didn't seem to have any reaction.

• We use the target premium kind. Thinking of switching to a different type within the Up and Up brand, simply because I think the added iron constipates our LO.
  • We also use Target Gentle and have since we started supplementing at a few days old. It's so much cheaper, and federal guidelines mandate that it contains the same stuff as En family and Similac, so babies don't lose out on nutrition by using the store brand. Make sure you get the Target Cartwheel app--their store brand formula is almost always on there so you can save an additional 5-10%.
  • Just realized all their formula says "with iron", so it looks like I will keep adding prune juice to his bottles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"