December 2013 Moms
Options

Outdoor play?

Now that the weather is getting nicer, big brother wants to play outside. Since LO can't sit up yet, I'm not sure what to do with him. I can lay him on a blanket, but that won't go over well for long. Any of you found any good products for outside use? Thinking I might just get an exersaucer. Recommendations?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Outdoor play?

• Options
    Stroller w. Toy bar. In a few months they can have some Cheerios or puffs to snack on. Exersaucer or bouncy seat also work.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a sling that I put LO in when my older ones want to be outside. But I second a saucer or the stroller if you don't want to/can't do the sling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    azmama20azmama20 member
    edited April 2014
    I would either carry LO in a carrier or sling, or find an activity for them to do like the bouncer or exersaucer. Could you also put a playmat on top of a thick blanket? Or does your LO not stay content with that for very long?
  • Options
    We put LO in the bouncer when we play outside with the dog. She LOVES to be outside. We also put her in the stroller and sit outside when DH washes the cars, and nightly evening walks in the stroller too.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I take the bouncer outside most of the time. I do the carrier for things like the park.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    The seat of my swing pops off so I take that outside. It has a shade and a toy bar.

• Options
    Not a fan of the sling/carrier for this purpose because DS1 wants me to play with him. Looks like I'll probably use the stroller or exersaucer. Wish I could get a swing for our swing set, too bad he's too little still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's been summer here so we get a picnic rug and he lies on that or sits in his bouncer if we're at home. The sling has been a problem because it's too hot, warm weather and body heat, he turns into a little sweat ball. We go to dog park every weekend and walks and he's happy sitting in the buggy. We're going to start swimming lessons soon too.
  • Options
    It was SO nice out today in CT! But I'm in lazy mode so we stayed in all day. Tomorrow it's going to be nice too. We are definitely getting out! I can't wait.
  • Options
    Nichole10 said:
    I just bought a go pod for lo. He seems to like it so far. I plan on using the crap out of it this spring/summer/fall. Here is a pic of what it looks like and one with lo of course. : )
    How old is your LO? My guy is tall for his age but his legs wont even fit in the holes yet. 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We had a fisher price bounce and play activity dome. Greatest thing ever, it's like a small pop up pack n play. We used it at the beach all the time. But sadly it was recalled for a minor issue and now they don't sell them. Worth a search on craigslist especially if you go to the beach a lot
  • Options
    Bouncer or bumbo. I plan to use the exersaucer outside a lot once I finally purchase one.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've taken LO out in a rock 'n play and an exersaucer type thing. And sometimes I just hold her while I sit and watch the dogs play. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"