Cloth Diapering
Options

Diuretics?

Has anyone had a LO on diuretics? I'll be bringing my baby home from the NICU next week (hopefully) and he's on three different diuretics but one causes him to have a really heavy wet diaper within an hour. I'm just trying to figure out the best solution so I can plan what to put him in before I give him the med. I have a variety of diapers I can't wait to try-prefolds, AIOs, pockets, fitteds. I'm a little addicted. Any ideas on what will work best? Should I buy any special inserts or doublers??
Thanks!

Re: Diuretics?

• Options
    My smallest twin came home from the NICU on diuretics. Prefolds worked just fine, although she did have to wear preemie disposables for a little while until she was big enough for the newborn cloth (about 6 lbs).
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    My guy is almost 5 and a half months and is 11lb so I don't have to worry about the newborn stash fitting him anymore!

I have some gmd workhorses and a couple kissaluvs. I'm just worried because he has sometimes peed more than five ounces in an hour!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Will a doubler fit in the fitteds? Even a smaller prefold? Since it's just for the after meds diaper I wouldn't worry too much about bulk.

I have some thirsties hemp doublers that seem small enough to work. If they don't fit, should I go up on the size of the fitteds for that one diaper a day? Or would that probably leak? Maybe a smaller cover with a bigger fitted?
  • Options
    I put my hemp doubler outside my fitted. I lay it in the cover and then put the cover on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This afternoon was his first dose at home and I used a workhorse with a thirsties cover. I changed him after 45 minutes and if was soaked but didn't leak!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"