Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: Crib Bumper - Thoughts?

I received a crib bumper with my LO's bedding set and am just wondering what the general consensus is on using them? DD will be 6 months old next week and can roll from front to back, back to front with absolutely no problem. Lately she has been rolling in to the sides of the crib while she sleeps, which wakes her up and gets her rather upset. I was thinking of putting the bumper on to help with this but am wondering if she is still too young. I don't want to cause a safety issue but am thinking since she can move around so well now, it might not be a problem...any thoughts? 

Re: XP: Crib Bumper - Thoughts?

• Options
    Nope. Still a SIDS risk. Also when they get mobile they can use them to crawl out of the crib. That's dangerous.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    No. We only use the breathable bumper with DS and I only put it in because his paci kept falling out of the crib. The breathable bumper kept it in.

DD doesn't have anything in her crib right now. If she gets one, it will be the breathable bumper.

Your LO will get used to getting pressed up into the sides and just changing positions.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No. We only use the breathable bumper with DS and I only put it in because his paci kept falling out of the crib. The breathable bumper kept it in.

DD doesn't have anything in her crib right now. If she gets one, it will be the breathable bumper.

Your LO will get used to getting pressed up into the sides and just changing positions.
    I use the breathable bumper too. I'd prefer not to use anything, but her arms and foot kept getting stuck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for the input! I think I may go with a breathable bumper or nothing at all, at least until she's a little older.
  • Options

My friend actually used the bumper pads around the crib rails to prevent her son from chewing on them. It worked great.
  • Options
    lmcgtlmcgt member
    My bedding set came with them and for now they work perfectly at the bottom of the crib in place of a bed skirt. Just an idea if you really wanted a use for them.
  • Options
    I was avoiding the bumpers because of all the SIDS risk. But i recently put up the breathable ones because my LO got his leg stuck between the bars.  (5months now)  

Altho I must say it didn't help that much... I found him using his feet to push the bumper down... (-_-)

• Options
    The breathable bumpers work pretty well for keeping arms and legs in the crib.  Occasionally my daughter gets her arm over it but she lets us know if she needs an assist.  She tends to roll up against the bars so I like having a little padding.  She often sticks her face right up against the bumper and is still able to breathe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"