Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Crib Bumper - Thoughts?

I received a crib bumper with my LO's bedding set and am just wondering what the general consensus is on using them? DD will be 6 months old next week and can roll from front to back, back to front with absolutely no problem. Lately she has been rolling in to the sides of the crib while she sleeps, which wakes her up and gets her rather upset. I was thinking of putting the bumper on to help with this but am wondering if she is still too young. I don't want to cause a safety issue but am thinking since she can move around so well now, it might not be a problem...any thoughts? 

Re: Crib Bumper - Thoughts?

• Options
    I would suggest breathable bumpers. They work great and then you dont have to worry about anything
  • Options
    Eh. I used them with all 3 of mine from the time they were born, until they were about 8 or so months old. 

You'll hear both sides. The main question is: are YOU and your partner/DH comfortable using it? 
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As pp said you will hear both sides.  I didn't use bumpers, but then both of my LOs slept/sleep in a drop-side crib.  It's all about what you are comfortable with.  
  • Options
    A lot of Moms on the board use breathable ones, I use a standard one and we haven't had any issues. It's all about what you are comfortable with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for the feedback! I may go with a breathable bumper until she's a little older, we'll see. I just hate that she knocks in to the sides, loses her pacifier through the slats and sometimes gets an arm or leg stuck. Either way a bumper of some kind is being put on!
  • Options
    amm0512amm0512 member
    edited April 2014
    I used the Go Mama Go wonder bumpers. They go on each individual rail and are cushy, so I don't worry about DS getting hurt.
  • Options
    We use the breathable ones. It works because our LO who is 7.5 months sleeps with her face against the sides of the crib. It just makes me feel better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"