C-sections

C-section scar

FTM here looking for advice from moms who've had multiple c-sections.  This might actually be a dumb question but if you have multiple c-sections, do you have multiple scars?  I would think that the Dr would have to make a new incision as my c-section scar feels really thick...  I wasn't sure how that works.

Also, do any of you put anything on your scar (creams, oils, etc..)?  Finally, any tips on how to get rid of this tummy shelf I have going on right above my scar?

Re: C-section scar

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 3 c/s, 1 scar. My doc has me take Motrin for a lllloooooong time (8 weeks and still taking 600 mg twice a day) to make my scar "pretty." It has always been flat and fades pretty quick even though I'm very fair skinned so I guess it works? No tips on the dreaded c/s shelf. It eventually improved after my first 2 but this 3rd one was a doozy. It may be permanent :-(

• Loading the player...
  • 2 c/s 1 scar. I had my second only 4 weeks ago. My scar is already barely noticeable. My dr uses steri strips not staples, maybe that makes a difference? You can try mederma for scars. It is pricey but works apparently. As for the shelf.. Ugh. I have been wearing a abdominal binder since the day I delivered. I did the same thing after my first and I never really got the shelf. So we shall see if it works again.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • What *actually happens* is that the old scare skin is completely removed.  As Dr "re opens" your new scar, the thin line of old scare tissues is cut away and discarded.  So really you're left with a brand new scar... in the same spot.  Make sense?

Mommy to Briggs (8/22/10) and Helen (7/18/14)
  • I had an ugly painful keloid fromt first unplanned c/s. For my rcs I had a better surgeon I hand picked and he cut out the old scar. This time he used internal stitches instead of staples and I have been using scar away csection strips as recommended by my dermatologist and my scar looks way better than the first one and doesn't hurt as much without the keloid. Highly recommend them!
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• One scar in the same spot. I never put anything on it the first time and don't plan to now after my second. It's very low, and honestly, it's my battle wound from being a mom. It is what it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • my 2 scars are pretty well matched up.  A lot of people have commented on how you can barely see them.  I never put anything on them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"