Infertility

**FUIF Friday Fitness Challenge - 4/11 - All Welcome

Welcome to the FUIF Friday Fitness Challenge!

This is a check in for anyone who is trying to get/or stay healthy with diet and/or exercise though the process of IF - Everyone is Welcome - and can join at any time!  We will check in every Friday to share our successes and tips, as well as get support when we fall

We set mini goal dates for the first Friday of the month - so our next mini goal date is May 2 - Choose any goal you would like meet by that date and post it to your siggy - it can be anything you want to achieve!  

If you continually work towards your goal - you earn the FUIF badge.. and if you meet your goal you get to add that months "star" to your badge 

Siggy Ticker To show you are part of the challenge you can add this ticker that counts down to our May 2nd goal date - https://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/m/mnwptv3fk.png

Challenge of the Week: Let's Try Something New!  This week find a new healthy recipe and give it a try.... then share your recipe with the rest of us and let us know what you thought

imageimageimage
***Siggy Warning***
TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

Re: **FUIF Friday Fitness Challenge - 4/11 - All Welcome

• @IFinTN hope you are feeling better now!

AFM... I did really well with eating right and I got 315 minutes of exercise in - even with my calf being really tight.  I went to my massage therapist and he said it's not injured but it's so tight he could barley work on it at all... so he gave me stretches and i'm going back today... the only thing i wasn't able to do was my insanity workout... all those jumps and squats were a bit too painful.

The scale isn't cooperating with me either... so last Friday the scale didn't move... but i checked again on Sunday and I was up 2lbs!!!  So today I'm down a lb from Sunday... but still up a lb from last Friday.  But i know i'm eating right and working out - so I'm going to start taking measurements because i can tell a difference in how my clothes fit - so i know things are changing.
    This yo-yoing is driving me nuts tho... can i say i met my goal if i lose the same 2lbs 6 times lol

I'm excited to find and try a new recipe this week and to see what the rest of you ladies try... I'm always nervous to make something new so it's time to just do it!!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***
    May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
    FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707

• I love this COTW!!! I love trying new things and getting new recipes too! With it being Holy Week, it'll be a big challenge to find something new, but I'm up for it!

I did "ok" this week. I did plan on giving up caffeine, but I had a Coke yesterday. Just a small one, but I was so tired and the cold/sugar/caffeine helped me on the long drive home! Totally worth it.

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Loading the player...
  • RunCC37RunCC37 member
    edited April 2014
    I hope you're feeling better, @IFinTN! @penad5, you too! Take care of that calf. And very impressive workout week! Go you!! @tptbabe, I think it's ok to have one cheat a week, so I'm gonna plug my ears and sing la la la and pretend that I didn't hear you ;) Great job!!

I had a great week in terms of my exercise and nutrition goals. Highlights include my Ninja Run from Sunday and last night's FUIF Hill Repeats. I blogged about both of the workouts. They were so therapeutic on every level. I worked out a lot of anger and aggression (especially last night) while making a symbolic gesture. 

As far as managing my stress, I really did a good job all the way up to yesterday at 4:30pm. And that's even with the most stressful week at work for the entire school year, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I just have 28 hours to go before I can relax and officially be on spring break. Just in time for my transfer :) On that note, I am toying around with the idea of entirely 'unplugging' for some or all of my spring break (and 2ww!!). For just nine days, I don't want to hear any news. No pregnancy announcements, no loss, nothing. I know those things are going to happen, but I just don't want to hear it while we're between our transfer and beta. Except for from you girls of course!! 

COTW: oh, alright, if I have to ;) I really don't like cooking, but I suppose that I can manage something new. 
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Well I met my weight loss goal I set for last week. Oh well, I'm always running behind.
    I injured my leg last week and it still hurts! Kinda bummed- just driving around with gym clothes and can't go. 
    I did go to Trader Joe's and found some snacks. Not all were gluten-free, but I think it's going to be hard to find breakfast bars that are healthy, high in protein and fiber and gluten-free. So I'll try to be as GF as possible.
    @Runcc37 - Great job with your goal. I notice you are almost there by Monday. You must feel so accomplished!
    @IFinTN - Hope you are feeling better soon!
    @tptbabe - Sending you alert vibes. Cutting the caffeine is so hard!
    @penad5 - Hope you are feeling more relaxed soon and that scale gets hoppin'
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• pblgepblge member
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday!

@IFinTN - Congrats on the weight loss! Hope you can get back into the working out soon.

@penad5 - Hope the calf gets better soon. ((hugs)) And I hope the scale cooperates, too.

@tptbabe - Cutting down on caffeine helps a lot, even if it's not totally none. I've given up the idea of giving it up entirely.

@RunCC37 - You continue to kick butt! Definitely understand about unplugging. We'll miss you, but do what makes you feel good. This forum is great, but the number of BFPs people get around here can be a little unsettling. Happy for all of them, of course, but my head does spin sometimes with the speed at which people move in and out of here.  ((hugs))

@poohniki - Way to go on the weight loss! And cool about the GF snacks. I LOVE TJ's snack foods. Their blue cheese pecan dip is something I have to avoid because otherwise it all goes in my face in one sitting. Sorry about your leg. :(

I didn't really meet the COTW for last week. I broke down and had chocolate on my bad day, and I only managed to plan some of my meals. When I ran out midweek I didn't do as well. I did lose another pound according to the weigh-in this AM, but I think that's mostly dehydration because (drum roll) I'm sick AGAIN. :( Another cold, minor again, but it's no fun.

This week's COTW is easy for me--there's nothing I love more than cooking new recipes!

**********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • @poohniki‌, I love the way you sound all ho-hum about meeting your goal. Who cares if it's a week late - YOU DID IT!! Great job!

@pblge‌, I'm sorry you're sick again. No fun!! Keep taking care of yourself & I hope you feel better soon.

I don't know if I can go cold turkey for the unplug. I'm definitely going on strike with my email & FB. I think I'd miss you girls too much! I totally know what you're saying about the BFP train around here. It sucks to be left behind at the station.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day

imageimageimage

• @sunshinedaisies000‌, it sounds like a great comeback plan. Stick to the 10% rule & listen to your body and you should hopefully keep those nagging injuries far, far away. I miss my former, faster self. Even after 5 weeks of consistent running, I'm still slow as all get out. But I don't feel as much like a slug, so that's huge. I'm hoping that the fitness I gained back will not disappear while I'm on restrictions. I worked so hard to get it back, so I'll be damned if I watch it slip away again ;)
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @sunshinedaisies000 doubling your goal is fantastic!!!  I know all too well about recurring injuries - it can be soo hard when you get a case of the "I used to be's"  but if you have a good plan you'll be back at it in no time.
    Mind you I really should head my own advice... that's why my calf decided to revolt.  I went from 6 weeks during IVF of only walking and swimming to the next week running 2 - 3 times a week and doing insanity... i'm probably lucky i just have a tight calf and not anything worse lol
    I'm actually taking today off and going to focus on running only this week since that doesn't bother my calf... well that and i'll be living in a hotel so people might wonder wants going on when i'm yelling at Shaun T telling him how much i hate him and his stupid level 2 drills

I also think i might drop my 2 week ban on Chocolate Milk.  I didn't have a drop last week - but I forgot I also use it when i have a chocolate craving... and it's much better than eating a 1lb chocolate bunny for lunch... not that i would do anything like that... more than once :P
    yesterday was rough - I found out they are downsizing my department, lucky i still have a job but i'll be flying solo - so when DH walking in with a chocolate bunny... I ate the entire thing... and i don't feel bad about it lol.  Ok maybe i figured out why the scale isn't moving

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• There's no freaking way I can entirely unplug for longer than a day, lol! I think I'm going to seriously reduce my activity here on TB for the week, but I will definitely keep up with this thread. I'd miss you girls too much :D

I am officially on my spring break now that a big work event is behind me. I'm so excited that I can 100% focus on my transfer & ninja :) I am going to miss running, but know it's only temporary. I'm going to bring my workout routine with me to the transfer tomorrow so the nurse can look at it and tell me yes or no for each exercise I usually do. I can't sit still entirely - I'm too fidgety, and it literally depresses me.

@sunshinedaisies000‌, I like the way @penad5‌ put it with the "I used to be/should be now" mentality. I am super impressed that you are getting faster :) I can't wait until I can get back to my usual speeds (and faster!!) but welcome a, say, 9+ month interruption ;) I truly believe my fastest miles are ahead of me, and think the same for you too!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @RunCC37 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!  FX!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• pblgepblge member
    penad5 said:
    @RunCC37 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!  FX!
    WSS!!!!! Come by and tell us when you're PUPO!!!

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Hoping everything is going well today @RunCC37!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Well, hey ladies of Team FUIF! This gal is PUPO :) I blogged about it if you're interested (https://runningninjadreamer.blogspot.com/2014/04/pupo.html?m=1 sorry no clicky! I'm mobile!). It went very smoothly!

My nurse restricted me from everything on my workout list. Even the walking, she said my heart rate shouldn't go up more than 5 bpm from where I started. So any walking is going to have to be more of a stroll... Probably best I don't try to walk, because I know it'll be more frustrating than anything. Soooo, I guess I'll be doing a lot of meditating to take its place. Maybe I'll tally those minutes for my 'exercise' goal? (I guess it's exercise for my mind?!? I know, I'm stretching it!)

I hope everyone's feeling better & doing well! Lots of love and GO TEAM FUIF!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @Geordie314  Thanks! I looked at them and some have sugar alcohol. Sugar Alcohol and Metformin sound like a wicked mix. I also want to speak to someone about eating soy. I've heard it contains estrogen and since they are trying to knock my estrogen down for the IUI, I wouldn't be able to eat them closer to cycling.
    The divine line looks good and has decent fiber without the sugar alcohol. I'll see about picking some up this week. 
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• pblgepblge member
    Yay @RunCC37! Go, Ninja, GO!!!

• pblgepblge member
    @poohniki - If you're up for cooking your own, I would recommend this recipe, which I think is GF and should be good in other domains. The structural integrity is only as good as you make it, but they're DELICIOUS.
    https://fitinvancity.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/classic-glo-bar-oh-she-glows-cookbook/

• Congratulations on being PUPO @RunCC37!!!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• yaaay @runCC37 congrats on being PUPO!!!  And I believe exercising the mind is just as important at exercising the body so count it :)

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• Sooo, I'm a moron... I picked a cook something new challenge for this week... meanwhile I completely forgot that I'm out of town living in a hotel... so i can't exactly cook.  I mean I knew i was going but just blanked.  I won't be able to do the COTW this week but i promise I'll complete it next week....  I was really looking forward to it... I was going to make Avocado Chocolate Pudding.  It may not qualify as "healthy" but a healthy option vs real pudding :)

So my personal COTW will be to make good choices - which can be very hard when you're eating out every meal... I can only eat so many restaurant salads.  But no fries and burgers for this gal!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• Too funny, @penad5 :P 

I sort of completed the COTW last night. I am not a big cook... I only do it because we need to eat, and DH doesn't know what he's doing AT ALL in the kitchen. We have a deal worked out that I do the cooking and he cleans up the mess in the kitchen. So last night, I made one of our staple dishes but switched up the sides: 

Marvelous Mini Meatloaves
    1. Mix 1lb ground turkey, 1-6oz package of Stove Top Stuffing Mix, 1 cup water, and 1 tsp Italian Seasoning. Divide into a greased muffin pan (I use olive oil spray) and press a dent into the center of each mini meatloaf. 
    2. Spoon in a tablespoon of your favorite pasta sauce. 
    3. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
    4. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
    Roasted Asparagus
    1. Lay asparagus spears on a baking sheet with foil.
    2. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle seasonings (I used a sea salt combo).
    3. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes
    Mashed Sweet Potatoes
    1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into chunks. Add the potatoes to boiling water and let cook for 20-30 minutes (until tender).
    2. Drain water and mash potatoes (I used my KitchenAid). Gradually stir in milk, butter and maple syrup.
    Yum yummmmm :)

In lieu of exercising, I've been meditating A LOT while waiting for beta. If you ladies haven't already checked out Circle + Bloom, I really strongly suggest it. I am so not a zen person. I usually can't sit still, so the guided meditation is the only thing that works for me (aside from running, which is a no-no right now).

On a side note, I am wearing a shirt today that was too small when I got it back in September! I ran a Color Run and the T-shirts ran small, which ordinarily wouldn't have mattered... except for the fact that I was carrying a bit of extra IF weight and bloat. So I guess the past 5-6 weeks of running & working out really did make a difference to get me back in shape! Woohoo!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @runcc37 that sounds like a great meal!!!  mmmmm!  Congrats on fitting into the shirt... that is a great feeling!!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• @geordie314 I'd say a hilly 5mile hike is redeeming :)

I haven't been doing well this week either... it's so tough to eat well when you're traveling.  Plus working in the office there are more distractions then when i'm at home so i tend to end up working late a lot and not getting my workout in.  I did go out for a 5k run last night... 
    decided i want to work on getting faster at short distances again instead of what i've been doing over the last couple years training for long distances.  I figure I won't have to cancel a 5k do to IF - worst cast i have to walk :  
    So I've been running 10min keeping my pace under 6:20/km and walking 1 min to recoup.  So it took me 33min for 5k.  I'd like to eventually beat by Personal best of 27:24... but I'm not going to worry about that this summer

Have you ever got a chill after a run that you just couldn't shake?  It wasn't that cold (0 felt like -6c) but I was shivering for hours after!  I cranked the heat in my hotel but eventually had to call for an extra blanket which finally kept me warm.  Do you think it would be from the run and pushing myself... or just because mother nature is messing with us so much?

Happy Thursday!!  Yaaay Long weekends!

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• @geordie314, that 5 mile hike surely roasted up lots of calories! Especially if it was hilly :)

@penad5, YES, all the time!! The only thing that works for me is to take a warm shower. https://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bodywork/fitness-coach/Why-Do-I-Get-Cold-After-Working-Out.html That article explains why :) 

I'm doing well over here. I mistakingly arrived an hour early to an appointment yesterday, so I went for a walk to pass the time. It was very hard to hold myself back, and I kept reminding myself that I was out for a little stroll, so SLOW DOWN!! ;) I'm 4dpFET, and actually hanging in there a lot better than any of my other 2ww's. I've been doing my C+B 2-3 times a day, and focusing on letting go of any stress. So far so good!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• Way to go @RunCC37!

I realized this morning that I haven't attempted a new meal this week, so it looks like I've got to figure that out tonight! Off to allrecipes I go!

At our appointment this week, I was asking our RE about exercise while cycling. She said that I should avoid anything that involves alot of really intense abdominal work (because of the possibility of twisting an ovary), and wait at least two days after ET before running a marathon. (Because you know, I run marathons all the time =))  ) But I see that others are on higher restrictions. Is it really OK to keep doing the same thing I've been doing? I might ask to get a letter to get me out of running at work, because we go as a group and they go at a MUCH faster pace than I'm comfortable with though.

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• pblgepblge member
    edited April 2014
    Everyone's been doing so great!

@RunCC37 - Yeah for the shirt! And take it easy, girl! Maybe wander through places with nice gardens so you can enjoy all the spring blooms. :)

@tptbabe - That seems like a very lenient guideline for exercise. I think most say nothing with high impact once you've started stims. So no jumping or jogging, and keep the weight-bearing exercises to a minimum. Essentially, most say walking or very light yoga or stretching is okay. Does that sound right to everyone else?

@geordie314 - The hike sounds great!

@penad5 - Sounds like you're doing great. Travel makes it really hard to keep up with diet and exercise!

AFM, the challenges have all gone to hell this week. I did well for the recipe (see below), but I haven't exercised very much because I've been sick and sleeping really poorly because of my anxiety over the false positive and late AF (she finally showed early this AM--the cramps woke me up!). I even made and ate ice cream yesterday--used lite coconut milk at the base, but still doesn't count as healthy. Tomorrow we get in the car for a family visit (memorial for OH's uncle), so I'm not expecting that things will get any better. Sigh. Oh well, I guess I can only get back on track the best I can.

Healthy recipe: Still from my new cookbook, I made a orange-miso bowl and ate it for a few days. Very easy. In a bowl add:
    -1 cup cooked quinoa
    -Steamed sugar snap peas (yay for spring veggies!)
    -Shredded carrots
    -Baked tofu
    -Baked sweet potatoes
    -Scallions and chopped cilantro

Top with the sauce:
    FOR THE ORANGE-MAPLE MISO DRESSING:
    3 tablespoons (45 mL) light miso
    2 tablespoons (30 mL) rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon (15 mL) toasted sesame oil
    1 tablespoon (15 mL) tahini
    1⁄4 cup (60 mL) fresh orange juice
    1 teaspoon (5 mL) maple syrup

I added a little sriracha. Not bad!

• That's kind of what I was thinking @pblge? I specifically asked her about the eliptical (since that's my workout of choice) and she said it's perfectly fine. It's definitely not high-impact, but I sure get my sweat on, so I'm wondering if raising my temperature that much is a good idea? Probably best to stay away from it then :(
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• pblgepblge member
    @tptbabe - I think the elliptical is probably fine, but you'd have to figure out resistance settings and speeds that were equivalent to walking, not running. :)

• Good idea @pblge :) I can't believe how great of a workout it is! I always thought it looked ridiculous :p I'm a convert now!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• Oh, @pblge‌, I'm so sorry to hear about your craptastic week. IF is so cruel... I'm so sorry.

@tptbabe‌, my doc has me on very strict exercise restrictions, but after all we went through to get to this one chance... I'm not pushing it at all! I asked about walking, and the way the nurse explained it to me, I agreed that I'll just wait the nine days. She said that any form of exercise takes oxygen & blood flow away from the uterus. I don't wanna do that! It is really annoying to feel so fragile, but I figure that I don't want to have any regrets. In the end, it might not make a difference, but I don't want to beat myself up if it doesn't work wondering I pushed it too hard.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• pblgepblge member
    @RunCC37 - When is your beta?

• @RunCC37 - That makes sense. Also, it sounds like something my ND would say ;) I'm sure she'll have a bunch of suggestions for me as well!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***

• @pblge‌, my beta is on Tuesday!!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• @pblge sorry to hear about your week :(  FUIF!!!
    Also what is tahini?

@tptbabe my doc told me the same thing!  Nothing abdominal and no marathons... but they told me light exercise like walking and swimming were not just ok but encouraged after ET as getting the blood flowing would help... sounds like it depends on the doc on their stance as it's the total opposite of other docs.  I will say the nurses were always said to do less than the docs did.  For my FET the my RE actually told me I could keep running... I don't think i will as just as @runCC37 said I don't want any regrets or feelings that I did something to compromise my chances

@sunshinedaisies000 those recipes look tasty - simple is always good in my books!!!!  Good job on increasing your exercise by 10%!  

@IFinTN too much work sucks!!!  I hate when work interferes with my workouts.  I hope things slow down for you next week

AFM I'm finally home... got home around 11:30pm and i'm exhausted!  I think i might cancel my trip to see family for Easter... I'm just done and 4 days at home with nothing to do seems like heaven at the moment!  I'm also debating rejoining Weight Watchers - I lost 50lbs with their program like 7 years ago.  I'm doing ok on my own but i'm finding that i'm too easily derailed - you ladies have given me motivation to eat week about 75 - 80% of the time so i'm hoping the money and the weekly weigh in - in front of someone might give me the extra 20% motivation i need.... but I don't know if i want to spend the money on something i can (or at least should be able to do) on my own.  

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***

• @penad5‌, I think you should go for it!! You're doing so well on your own. Imagine how much better you'd do with that extra boost! I have no idea how much of a financial investment WW is, but to me it sounds like guaranteed success towards your goals. Totally worth it! You are worth the money!

I'm keeping up with my Circle + Bloom over here. I admit that I've been falling asleep during the past 4 sessions. I guess the relaxation is working ;) In addition, I'm focusing on nutrition, hydration & sleep. Just trying to make sure I'm giving my body everything it could possibly need to make this work. I'm trying to limit my daydreaming and just stay positive.

Go Team FUIF!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• pblgepblge member
    RunCC37 said:

@pblge‌, my beta is on Tuesday!!!

Are you beta or bust?

• pblge said:

RunCC37 said:

@pblge‌, my beta is on Tuesday!!!

Are you beta or bust?
    Beta or Bust all the way!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"