Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Late missed miscarriage

Morning ladies, New to the board. Found out on Wednesday (at 15 weeks pregnant) that the fetus was not viable, and had no been for some time- but my body had not processed. Apparently this is very rare (as they think the fetus stopped growing 6-8 weeks ago). Had a d&c yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has been through something similar? I'm sad, and very mad at my body- not for the m/c, but fort missing it for so long- thought I was past the point of worry :( Hugs to all

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

Re: Late missed miscarriage

• Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't go as long as you, but I felt betrayed or mislead by my body. I felt "led on" because I still felt pregnant when we found out!

(((Hugs))) to you. Hope you're recuperating well. The emotions take a bit longer.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My mmc was discovered at the NT scan (stopped growing at 9 wks) and I had a D&C, no telling how long it would have taken my body to recognize it. It's really frustrating to not even be able to rely on your own body to recognize when something has gone wrong.

PS- If you could edit your siggy to remove your pregnancy ticker it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all, sorry for your loss dear. ((hugs)) Mine was quite late like yours, at 19 weeks I gave birth to my son. He had died from the severity of his spina bifida and hydrocephaly, and had passed away about a week before I started to feel that something was wrong. I still had my pregnancy symptoms the whole time he was with me. I guess my body was trying to fix it instead of miscarry? I'm not sure. I had to be induced to give birth to him. My body was showing signs that it would eventually do it on its own, but the risk of infection made me decide to go ahead with induction.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My missed miscarriage was discovered 3 or 4 weeks after the fetus had died. I never really felt angry at my body, I guess I looked at it a little differently. I was, of course, heartbroken, but if my body was holding on that tightly I knew that it didn't want to let go either. I can totally understand how you would feel angry that you didn't know for so long. I hope you find the support you need here.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and from PPs you can see you are not alone. My second miscarriage was missed by 3 weeks. I had a viability scan, everything looked great so they stopped monitoring me so closely and that is when I miscarried.

I remember feeling so angry (along with all the other emotions of course) and "tricked" in a way because i thought I was pregnant the whole time. I was talking about the baby, holding my belly, thinking about his/her future. And all the while I had lost the baby. It's an awful feeling. Sometimes I wish there was some way we could just know instantly. Seems like the waiting period and having missed MCs just add to the emotional and physical pain.

((Hugs)) to you
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss :( . You're not the only one. I just experienced a missed miscarriage. I had a D&C on Monday when I would have been 11 weeks to take out my baby who died at 6 weeks so my body hadn't recognised the miscarriage for 5 weeks. I'm sure it would have gone on a while more too of I hadn't had the D&C. Plenty of the women on this board have experienced missed miscarriages, we understand what you're going through unfortunately. 

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies, I have no IRL friends who have gone through a Mac more than a couple of weeks, or such a late loss. I told work on Monday, then had the u/s Wednesday. Thankfully we hadn't really announced yet, so I did not have to tell that many people. I'm feeling in a bit better of a place today, still needing my rest from the procedure, but starting to focus on the future as a means to cope.

DD 15.07.2012

image</a

• Options
    Ticker warning.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I have definitely had times through this process that I've been mad at my body (and everyone else). T&P to you. Hugs!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    *ticker warning*

I found out at 13 weeks that I had a missed miscarriage. I had a dating ultrasound that showed a baby with a strong heartbeat at just over 8 weeks. Fast forward five weeks - we couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler so she had me do another ultrasound, the baby measured about 9 weeks and no heartbeat. I had zero signs prior to the ultrasound, after finding out my body seemed to respond a bit I've had on and off cramping and bleeding since then. I would be a little over 15 weeks now, I'm still hoping for a natural miscarriage. If it doesn't happen this week, I'll end up with a d&c next week.
    I'm definitely frustrated that my body didn't make more progress once the miscarriage was confirmed. I feel like it's teasing me by dragging out the process for so long.
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the post, MAH1009. Seems like we are in a similar situation. I felt like I mentally couldn't wait for my body to naturally handle anything, knowing my uterus was empty but still growing (and had been for almost 2 months). I just feel like my body has betrayed me, plain and simple. Hugs to you, keep me posted. Feel free to message me if you need any support.

DD 15.07.2012

image</a

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. At 9 weeks I found out I had a blighted ovum. Babe stopped growing at 6w6d. Unfortunately, the pregnancy symptoms continued for me which made it even worse. Love, prayers, and healing to you.
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had a MMC discovered at 18 weeks. They are unsure as to when she had passed since she was measuring small already due to triploidy. They feel she could have been gone for 2 weeks. The emotions I have felt have been all over. I like to think that my body tried to hold onto her but she had to leave to protect me (chances are we would have had to TFMR had this not happened). I know it doesn't change things, just gives some comfort.

Take care of yourself. Know that the emotions you are feeling are all part of the process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"