Cloth Diapering

Another newbie with a question

Hello! I have been lurking on your board for the past month and doing a lot of searching through old threads and figured it was time for an intro.

I am a FTM to a 4 month old little boy. We just started cloth diapering a couple weeks ago after a friend shared her cloth diapering technique with me. We are using bumgenius 4.0s due to the ease for DH, daycare, and grandparents.

We are currently CD only at home, since we are still finalizing our stash and accessories. Daycare requires us to provide some sort of pail/trash can with a hands free lid along with some sort of liner. Their space is limited, so I picked up a 2.6 gal/10 liter trash can with step open lid from Target. Now my question is what the heck to I put in it? I'm hesitant to do a pail liner since they are normally larger and many don't have a zipper option which would be nice for carrying from daycare. Would a medium wet bag work?

Sorry for th novel! TIA!

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

Re: Another newbie with a question

• N_KozN_Koz member
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. Can you sew, if so you could make one to custom fit and add the zipper.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • We use the large size planetwise wetbags for our daycare pail.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure there are some pail liners with a drawstring, but I'm drawing a blank on the brand
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Ubbi pail liners have a drawstring.

• Kushies has draw-string laundry and wetbags. I'm not sure of the size of their laundry bag, but from the dimensions I think it might fit that pail you described. I have a large Kushies wetbag and I don't think it would fit into a pail like that.

Another bonus is they are pretty inexpensive compared to other brands laundry-sized bags, so it's not a huge investment to send off to daycare.

They are also sold on Amazon, if you have Prime/free shipping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Thanks for all the information.

Apparently the thinking side of my brain is not working! I knew there were some drawstring pail liners out there, but they all seemed so big that I was concerned with them taking up most of the room in the trash can. However, I guess the better idea would be to pull the liner around the outside of the trash can until it doesn't gather at the bottom of it. (I really need to stop overthinking everything.)

Has anyone used the Ubbi Pail Liners? I grabbed a box of 2 one day because it was all they had at the store and but planned to return them due to many reviews I found stated that the liner stuck to itself ater washing a handful of washes.

I will look into the Kushies Laundry Bag too.

Thanks again for all the information, hopefully my brain starts working a little better soon so I stop asking questions when there is an obvious solution ;)

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• Have you looked on Etsy? I'm sure someone could custom make you one on there.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"