Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Am I over thinking this.

So I find my self thinking about babies all the time.  I think about having a family literally ALL day.   Am I doing more harm that good?  Does it make a difference.  Here is a little background on me.  My DH and I have been married for almost 3 years and been together for 8.  No kids yet but we both love them and are always talking about having a family.

I have been dealing with some emotional distress because of my unhealthy weight and poor self image.  But I am now trying to get my fitness on and become healthier.  I have PCOS and am dealing with those issues as well, I have had the doctors I have seen basically all tell me that conceiving is basically going to be a shit show for me.  Kind of disheartening.  I applaud all of you here who have been through so much more than me and are able to offer advice and keep moving forward.  You are all a testament to how amazing people can be! 

I digress in this post, I basically just wanted to say that I appreciate everyones comments and tough love on this site and I hope that I can count on some sound advice when I need it :) 

:-/
Anniversary
TTC #1    Stopped bcp 02/2013   Diagnosed with PCOS 6/2013
Cooking and Eating Clean to get healthier for future babies25 lbs down and about 75 to go
Married DH 08/13/2011

Re: Am I over thinking this.

• Options
    It is hard not to let it consume you when you first make that decision to TTC. I hope you and your doctors can come up with a plan that will work for you. Good luck. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

SarahL77 said:
    It is hard not to let it consume you when you first make that decision to TTC. I hope you and your doctors can come up with a plan that will work for you. Good luck. :)
    Thank you, I hope so too.  Unfortunately I don't feel like my doctors and I have a firm plan in place.  My period was so out of whack last year that there was really no way that I could have actually TTC.  Thankfully my period came and went 'normally" this month so I am hopeful that this is the beginning of actively TTC.    :)
    Anniversary
    Cooking and Eating Clean to get healthier for future babies25 lbs down and about 75 to go
    Married DH 08/13/2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are there any hobbies or projects you could do to take your mind off things? In the past, when I've had baby fever and it just wasn't the right time for DH and I to ttc, I tried redirect my "obsession" to something. Lately, it's been home improvement projects or planning weekend getaways for the summer. Having things to look forward to helps to keep me distracted while I wait to TTC this summer. Good luck!
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If you are really thinking about it ALL the time, you do need to find something else to focus on to break it up a little.

Also, are you temping? I have PCOS too and really crazy cycles but still got a +HPT back in January. It took a year of actively trying and it ended up being a loss but I never would have even known when to try if it hadn't been for temping.

ETA: words...
  • Options
    We just started TTC and honestly, I think about it a lot too. I find most down time on the internet searching for pregnancy things or reading this forum. Temping has made me a little more crazy because I find myself checking and looking at it a lot. I figure that for at least a little while, it's ok to be excited about it as long as it isn't impacting other areas of my life.
  • Options

It's always on my mind too. I don't have any advice but my H reminded me today as I was getting discouraged about negative OPKs that this is a positive, exciting thing and that made me feel better.

Welcome and good luck!

PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    It is not impossible.  Temping has saved me.  I used to think every twinge was ovulation, or period coming, or implantation because I had no idea what was going on.  Good luck.
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• Options
    I was baby crazy for a few months, it has since evened out to the point where I wish I was more excited. I wouldn't worry about being excited, just try to not get too disappointed if it doesn't happen right away.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  :-h
    Anniversary
    Married DH 08/13/2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"