Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ok, I have to vent somewhere!!!!!

Ok I have to vent somewhere. Someone on FB said they were sick and tired and pissed that everyone keeps telling them "baby will come when baby is ready". That they just want the baby to come now. It's a public forum and this was my response:

I just want to lend a different point of view to this...when someone has experienced pregnancy loss, in my case multiple, and someone is complaining about baby
not coming that is my response "baby will come when ready". It's my way of saying I pray your baby comes when ready and not before like my 2 angel babies did. I think there are reasons people say the things they do and reasons people are sensitive to pregnant women complaining. Just something to think about. (Copy and pasted)

I didn't mean it offensively and I don't think it was said offensively but to be honest, it bothers me that people want their babies to come so early. Baby WILL come when baby is ready and my babies didn't even get that chance!

Well here's why I am so upset, someone said to me "you get to 40 weeks pregnant and see how you feel".

I was/am appalled that after learning someone has experienced pregnancy loss another mother would be so extremely hurtful. It brought tears to my eyes.

Maybe I will be exhausted. Maybe I will be in pain. Maybe it will be the hardest thing I will ever have to go through (IF I GET THERE) but I will not publicly complain (my choice) but I certainly wont get mad when people say baby will come when ready!!

Please tell me I'm not alone!

Re: Ok, I have to vent somewhere!!!!!

• Options
    And complaining is one thing but the awful woman that had the nerve to say "get to 40 weeks and then complain"?!? How cold is her heart to say that to someone knowing they have miscarried?!
  • Options
    what a terrible way to treat someone who just spoke up about her own losses.  omg.  i've known too many people with losses to be so callous, even before mine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow.  Well, to start - good for you for speaking up about your losses.  I have been more open about this second loss but I am still not "out" on facebook and part of the reason why is that I know I am not strong enough right now.  I am scared that someone will say something to me without understanding the implication of how it makes me hurt... so thank you for doing this.  I hope to someday be able to do the same.  You did a brave thing by speaking out and even if this (horrible) person said such a hurtful thing, I believe that others read your post and will hopefully be more sensitive in what they say in the future.  (((big giant hugs)))
  • Options
    "wait to 40 weeks" was a total asshole, Douche nugget, dumbass, cold hearted, I am running out of swears but I think you get the point response to someone who has had a loss. the end.

p.s. hugs

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    Can I jump into her fb account and kick her?
  • Options
    "wait to 40 weeks" was a total asshole, Douche nugget, dumbass, cold hearted, I am running out of swears but I think you get the point response to someone who has had a loss. the end.

p.s. hugs

some others i've heard that are apt: twat waffle, hoecake, rutabaga hag, douche canoe, douchenozzle, f***wad, asshat, etc...
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    That person sucks!

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Options
    OMG I want to be her friend. She told those cows how it is! High five to her!

I can't believe how shit the human kind can be. Makes me sick, no wonder this world is messed up.
  • Options
    I just want to hug you and your friend for being so brave right now! My SIL is almost 39 weeks and has been complaining for the past two. Don't get me wrong, I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is. When you're in physical pain, you don't think right. You think about your pain and not how what you say or do hurts others. I'm glad you had the guts to call her on it.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    longcat07longcat07 member
    edited April 2014
    people really suck.  that's all i got.  and hugs.

EDIT: except for your friend.  she's pretty awesome.  lol
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    Omg what horrible, ignorant bitches those women are, attacking you like that. They have no idea! 

I want to hug that friend of yours though! What a beautiful response!

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • Options
    That is just awful. It always reminds me how important perspective can be when you have to deal with people who absolutely have none! Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"