Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Coming up on one year

*siggy warning*

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I posted my own thread over here, and I have been sad to see all of the new loss moms.  Welcome and hugs to you all.  You have found an awesome, supportive place.  We can all relate too well to the feelings of losing our precious babies.

Next Thursday, 4/17 is one year since we lost our sweet angel, Ava Claire.  I have experienced a wide range of emotions in the last few days, and I have spent a lot of time reflecting on where I was a year ago vs where I am today.  I still miss her every, single day, but I have to admit that the raw pain and rage that I initially felt have eased over time and I can more fondly think of the precious 7 months that I carried Ava.  And I really want next Thursday to be a celebration of her life and a remembrance of how happy she made me.

I want to share a photo collage that I created yesterday on Shutterfly.  I plan to bring the collage, flowers, a cake, and balloons to her stone.  I feel like I want to honor her SO badly, and nothing I can think of seems enough.  But I sincerely hope she knows how much I want this for her and that I will love her always.

Thanks for reading  :)

Ava's Story
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Coming up on one year

• Options
    ~~Siggy Warning~~

Oh, Jessica, Ava is absolutely beautiful - thank you for sharing the pictures.

I think your plan to bring the picture, cake, balloons and flowers to her stone is a beautiful way to celebrate her.  Have you thought about including any family or friends?

I've got a month and a half before the trip's first birthday, and I've been going back and forth on what to do/who to include.  I think we all do whatever we can/whatever feels right and our babies know we're thinking of them.

Hugs!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JessicaG220JessicaG220 member
    edited April 2014

*siggy*

@Dixon813 Thanks  :)  We invited our parents and siblings over for dinner in the evening.  DH and I took the day off of work, so I am happy to be able to spend the day together.  I know no matter how small or big the gesture, our babies will love and appreciate us.  I just want to give her the world, and I can't! 

@aragosta I completely understand how you feel.  I have experienced every emotion possible.  I still have bad days, but they are fewer and father between than they used to be.  I feel like every day that I am functioning is a victory.  Thanks for the compliments on Ava  :)

Ava's Story

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's beautiful! Just know that we will be thinking of you all on that day.. ((hugs))
  • Options
    She is beautiful.  I agree with everyone else - I'm so glad to hear you are celebrating.  I know that is what we plan to do when Conner and Ben's birthday rolls around, although I cannot bear to think about it right now.  My thoughts are with you today.  ((hugs))
  • Options
    She is beautiful...thanks for sharing the collage.  I hope your day is peaceful and full of you thinking of the love you have for your sweet girl.  (bunny's edd is the same day!!!  I'll be thinking of you)

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    What a beautiful girl! I think that is so sweet to do for her on that special day! I know she will feel your love!
  • Options
    ***ticker***

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. Lovely little girl. 

I agree that your plans sound lovely. However you decide to recognize her existence that day will be exactly what you need. Everyone does it differently, but the fact that we recognize the day, the life that was lost, it becomes a beautiful remembrance celebration. She knows she was loved. And inviting your family over to recognize the day is a good step, I feel. I wanted my family to recognize that day, and not try to brush it under the carpet or anything. It ended up being really nice to be together for a few hours. 

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Thanks for sharing I have a long way to go before I get to the place you're at and think of things to do but your plans sound perfect and she's beautiful xo
  • Options
    Those sound like perfect plans for your beautiful baby. I'm glad to read that you are in a much better place now; it gives me hope that in time I will feel the same.
  • Options
    She is beautiful and I hope your day spent celebrating Ava is beautiful as well! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    What a wonderful idea and such a beautiful angel. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Love the ideas, and she is so beautiful! I remember when you joined our board. A year sure does go quick (and slow at the same time). ((hugs))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    ***Sig Warning***

She is absolutely precious. I think your ideas to honor her are lovely. I can definitely relate to the struggle of thinking of ways to honor our LOs. Nothing ever seems enough. I will be thinking of you and Ava next Thursday and sending you lots of (((hugs))).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    JessicaG220JessicaG220 member
    edited April 2014
    **siggy**

Thank you thank you thank you, ladies!!! I truly appreciate the kind words and support. This board really is the best place you never want to be. Hugs to you all!

Ava's Story

• Options
    cdale86cdale86 member
    edited April 2014
    ***Ticker***

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Ava is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!  I love the collage you made.  The plans you made sound just perfect.  I know it will never feel like enough, but you carry her with you everyday in your heart and thoughts.  Everything you do is to honor her.
    2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    The collage was beautiful. Sounds like a nice way to remember your sweet angel.
  • Options
    Just wanted you to know I will be thinking of you and Ava tomorrow.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thinking of you and Ava today ((hugs))
  • Options
    Thinking of you today! Praying for strength for you. Let yourself feel whatever it is you need to today: joy, grief, love, peace, turmoil, etc. Remembering Ava with you.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Sending *hugs* to you today xoxo
  • Options
    Happy angelversary Ava! 
  • Options
    VyD81VyD81 member
    Happy angelversary Ava.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"