August 2011 Moms
Options

Inside Easter Eggs?

What are you guys doing, if anything?

We are probably just doing jellybeans, fruits snacks and/or M&Ms. My SIL texted me yesterday asking if I wanted to go in on little toys to put in their Easter eggs for our in-laws Easter egg hunt so that the grandparents wouldn't fill our children with whole bunch of candy. I'm not really sure what to say because, honestly, I'd prefer to give the kids treats or snacks. Rather than small cheap toys that I have to find a place for. Treats and snacks you can always throw out. Plus, I've already spent enough $ on Easter crap. Let the grandparents do what they want, within reason of course...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Inside Easter Eggs?

• Options
    voplovoplo member
    We are celebrating at the grandparents as well, and we always put only treats. No more useless toys! :) Some chocolate, some candies, typical grandparents :)

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Options
    We're doing an egg hunt with a bunch of my mom friends and the kids next Thursday.  There is a no candy rule, so I'm going to cut up some stickers and roll them up to fit inside the eggs that we bring. 

I actually have done no planning for Easter yet this year.....we usually go away for an overnight with my ILs on Saturday, come home on Sunday afternoon, and do dinner with my parents.  But DH's birthday falls on Good Friday this year, so I think his bday dinner outing will take the place of going out of town.  I have yet to make plans with either of our families beyond his birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    voplovoplo member
    I think chalk and stickers is not a bad idea at all! I will steal it and use it myself :) Thank you for the ideas!!

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Options
    I got M&Ms for the eggs. I considered putting pennies in them, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are going to our local park on the 20th for the big Easter hunt. We have his same basket we use every year and we have to put in it 3 different color paints for the bath (found at target) some cars and planes books also from targets $1 bins two shark that swim in the water. A light up chick, sunglasses, a light up egg, all these wonderful kinder eggs! Some candy and glow brackets for night Easter egg hunt.

Logan is really into kinder and any suprise eggs. I am so looking forward to this Easter :)

Goldfish work too for the eggs. Also teddy Graham cookies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Easter isn't really a big holiday for us. We do a small basket for each of the kids, with some candy, chocolate, and maybe a book and a small toy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We recently got dd a bike. So we went ahead and gave her Easter basket to her which included protective gear for riding her bike, Popsicles to freeze since she goes through them like crazy, new side walk chalk, doc mcstuffins band aids, a dollar store chick toy, and a small drivers license plate with her name on it for her bike.

She will be getting at least 3 more Easter baskets from grandparents so I'm not worried about her not opening up anything from us on Easter Day.

baby development
  • Options
    Agreed. I don't need any more cheap plastic. And the candy is for us anyway.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"