September 2012 Moms
Options

UO it is Thursday right?

Re: UO it is Thursday right?

• Options
    I borrowed a dress from my friend, did my own hair and makeup and didn't get a manicure or pedicure. I'm pretty sure I came out free on prom. I may have bought shoes and jewelry, but I can't remember.

I only went senior year and I spent the whole time hiding from my date so I didn't have to dance with him. Prom just wasn't a big deal at my school so I didn't put too much effort into it.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I don't care for art. I don't get it. It doesn't speak to me. It doesn't make me ponder lyfe.

Just gimme something pretty to put on the wall above the TV.

My IL'S are property managers for a multimillionaire. Wife is on the board of MOMA. Their entire property(hundreds of acres) has art pieces scattered. They have an art barn full of the crap. Their guest house is an art piece. Everything is. Ridiculous. Such a waste of money. Their money to waste but I can't even act like I'm interested when they tell me about this stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No prom here. Christian school. No dancing. We had a senior banquet. I still have one of my dresses. 9th grade and up were invited.
  • Options
    I seriously loved prom.  I went twice.  I worked in a salon, so I didn't pay for my nails, hair or makeup. I also really loved homecoming, winter formal and every other dance I went to. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Did anyone who went to prom actually lose their virginity after prom?  I've always wondered that.  So far no one I know IRL did.  I think it's just something that happens in the movies.  Or on bad ABC family shows. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    MomtobeNJ said:
    I'm sure this is not unpopular, but I think spending $1000 for prom is ridiculous.  That's the number that was on a radio show this morning as the average cost of people going to prom now a days in this area.

Either I'm old, or dresses have realllllly inflated in 12 years.
    Agreed. It's outrageous. I work in a high school and, in general, we're in a HCOL area. Girls are spending $500-600 on custom beaded gowns. And you can't just go to Macy's or something and pick one off the rack....they go to private boutiques that make gowns for pageant competitors. They spend $200+ on hair extensions. It's NUTS.

We have a very diverse student population, so we also have girls that can't even afford the $160 ticket to prom. It's sad.
    Where in the hell are you guys having prom that tickets are $160?!  Ours were $40 and we had ours at a really nice downtown venue.  I know this was all 12 years ago, but still.  I'd be interested to know what people pay in my area for prom tickets...
    Fancy halls, like wedding venues. That's always been the norm for this area, but prices are going up. I don't remember what our ticket cost back in the dark ages, but I'm sure it was at least $60 - 70. Keep in mind we are less than 10 miles from NYC. Everything is ridiculously expensive here anyway. If you're booking a Friday night in June, it's going to cost top dollar. Even for a school function.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    miss50 said:
    Did anyone who went to prom actually lose their virginity after prom?  I've always wondered that.  So far no one I know IRL did.  I think it's just something that happens in the movies.  Or on bad ABC family shows. :-)

Guilty. My high school prom, not his, although that was the plan. In a camper, in my driveway.
    "When the campers a rockin' don't come a knockin!" Sorry I had to.

• Options

No prom here. Christian school. No dancing. We had a senior banquet. I still have one of my dresses. 9th grade and up were invited.
    Did you get a fancy prom alternative? My mom tried to make me go to that ( a weekend trip to Chicago the same weekend as prom so people wouldn't feel tempted to go to prom) LOLNO.

Senior banquet. Seniors planned it. Fancy dinner and such. I still have one of my dresses. We normally had some sort of party after.
  • Options
    I went to a Christian HS for 9-10 grade and we had some event that was affectionately nicknamed "Non-Prom." But definitely no fancy away trips!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    TheAnne said:
    ::taps foot waiting for more prom pics::
    I was just wishing I was at home so I could scan some prom pics. :-(

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    The limo for junior prom. Sorry all is upside down.

• Options
    I did my own hair, borrowed a dress from a friend and bought shoes from Payless. It was in the coliseum, same as our graduation, and rodeos. Yeah, not going to waste money to dance where horses may have shat.

*****Tickets were $20 per couple, and no, I did not lose my virginity on prom. I lost it watching The Little Mermaid.....another story
    Finding Nemo here.

This will show my age but: Aladdin - I still love that movie

imageimage 

• Options
    People should be prepared for work meetings. And they should not argue like children (brought to you by my 10 o'clock)

• Options
    Haha, no, but considering my prom date one year was gay, the odds were against me.

• Options
    I love reading, but mostly only YA stuff. I also love reality tv. Like, love it. I also loved prom and all the school dances...and all of high school. I'd do it over again and again. I love a lot of things, I guess.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I think tampons should be used in moderation.  It decreases my flow and ends it a day or two early.  That's awesome, but can't be good for my body.  Pads FTW.

I bought frozen.  It sucked.  :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I think tampons should be used in moderation.  It decreases my flow and ends it a day or two early.  That's awesome, but can't be good for my body.  Pads FTW.

I think we had this "debate" before and I'm all about pads. I can't for the life of me wear a tampon.

• Options
    Ah, I think you're right @ pokedot. 

I tried really hard to come up with some UOs. 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

?

I use tampons exclusively, and still have 6 days of bleeding, on average. I don't even want to know how much longer it would be if this is true.

• Options
    melody921 said:

?

I use tampons exclusively, and still have 6 days of bleeding, on average. I don't even want to know how much longer it would be if this is true.
    Mine are 7, and 5-6 when exclusively using tampons.

• Options
    I just want to say this somewhere:  my pedi office probably thinks I'm on meth. 

Last time DH told me W's appointment was at 10, turns out it was at 1.  Today he swore it was at 9, turns out it was at 10 AND they left a message that it had been canceled.  I swore to them that this WAS the new appointment after the cancellation, which was correct.  They didn't have on record that the previous appt was also cancelled.  Meth is their only viable explanation for me.

• Options
    TheAnne said:

melody921 said:

?

maybe the tampons just suck the blood out of your ute quicker with their crazy expanding absorption talents.

I can't imagine your body being like "oh, a tampon?  I think I'll just hang onto this extra 2 days of bleeding then"

My thoughts exactly.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited April 2014
    melody921 said:
    Haha, no, but considering my prom date one year was gay, the odds were against me.
    My HS boyfriend is gay, but I still lost my virginity to him.   :\">

ETA: He was my prom date as well, but that's not when it happened.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

I have no idea what was spent on prom but I would be surprised if it was over $200.  I bought a dress and shoes but did hair and makeup myself.  I went with a 20-year-old guy I was dating and we drove there in his 1995 Toyota Corolla. 

I more went because everyone said that I would regret it if I didn't.  I'm not sure that is true looking back but, oh well, it was alright.

UO:  Daily e-mails from stores are the devil.  I cannot stop shopping.

I wish someone had said that to me! I definitely regret not going. If #2 is a girl, I'll make her go! Kidding.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    melody921 said:

?

Every month, I actually contemplate going back on the pill, just to return to the 3-4 day flow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"