Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD or just a little baby blues?

My beautiful little girl is now 12 days old. After a routine doctors appointment we were informed we would need to have her within 24 hours (we knew this would most likely happen, were just waiting on when). My parents jumped on a plane and made it here the night before her birth. They have been with us for 2 weeks now and have been a tremendous help.

Tomorrow we must say goodbye. DH & I currently live in the middle of nowhere MO, we just moved here 3/1 and thankfully will only be here until Oct 31st. I am a city girl and thought we have moved around alot we have always been in metropolitan areas. DH's job caused our move here (and will cause our next one). I own my own small business and work from home, mostly via email. Anyway, I am super close to my family, especially to my parents. The past two days I have been crying thinking about having to say goodbye. First, I am feeling overwhelmed that I can handle everything as a FTM and my DH working alot (he is home every weekend though). Second, I just hate being so far from them. This is the 1st grandchild and I know how much they will miss her, it makes me tear up when I see my mom or dad holding her telling her how much they will miss her. Third, I am in this crappy middle of nowhere town that is depressed. I love the house we are renting, so I just stay holed up in here all day and will go days without leaving. There is nothing around here except a Walmart. The closest civilization is about 45min away that has a mall, Target, Chiptole, etc. There are just hole in the wall restaurants and shops here. I've tried to find mommy groups or something and there is just nothing.

So, tomorrow will be day 1 on my own after I have to say goodbye. I can't stop crying about it and I am 34 years old! There is also the possibility that we will have our next move in the fall to CA and that is even further away!!! These are all important moves for my DH's career so I know I have to suck it up and deal with it...but it is going to be even harder now with a baby. I don't know if I am just sad with the changes that will happen or on a verge of PPD. My next doctors appointment is May 8th, so I guess that will give me a few weeks to see if the sadness goes away or not.
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: PPD or just a little baby blues?

• Options
    My situation is different but feeling of loneliness and difficult coping... I'm a city girl too and missing my job terribly! I may make an appointment with my doctor to talk about things as my post-op isn't until May as well which seems lightyears away. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It sounds like normal baby blues combined with some other stuff to me. I don't blame you for being upset. Having a new baby is a lot to take in and a big life change. That combined with your parents being far away and you being lonely makes you upset and anxious, I'm sure!
    I'm sure you will get used to it overtime, but if you don't or it gets worse I would definitely talk to your dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"