November 2012 Moms
Options

blood draws SUCK

My poor baby looked like her heart was breaking as they found her vein and drew blood.... NEVER wanna do it again. :(

Shes sleeping well and I hope I get a little break to watch some downton abbey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: blood draws SUCK

• Options
    Oh no!!! Everything ok with Sammie??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kmartinrvt13 yes just a lead test and hemoglobin.. I think both are requested by WIC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awe poor Sammie :( glad it's not something serious though!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@beane4018 YES make DH do it.....!  They need 2 vials for these tests... sammies dad said "wasn't it just a finger prick"?  I WISH....  ALSO try to get LO to drink lots of fluids ... common sense but I forgot about that ...get those veins plump

Note I also HATE getting mine drawn ....

• Options
    I was supposed to take V at 12 months.... Needless to say... Still haven't gone.

Poor Sammie--- extra hugs from Vincent!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did our first stick draw last month and it was awful. Poor LO was so upset. One of the nurses leaned down in front of her and said things like "don't worry. I'm going to whomp that nurse when she is done. I'm going to tear her up".

....which was interesting because  I had never heard anyone use the term "tear" in reference to spanking...and also interesting because since when is the spanking of anyone comforting.

..but at the time, it made me - the one holding LO - feel better, so there is that.
  • Options
    Poor Sammie!

They always do the finger or heel if they need blood from K. Also, my nephew has been getting shots in the arms since 12 months. K will only get them in the leg for quite a while longer. The nurse said their arms are too little and tender to make them go through that. This is the same nurse that bribes K with an extra book each time.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"