TTC after 35
Options

NBR what are your vices?

Curious what you like to indulge in...
First off would be Candy Crush. I think I might need Candy Crush AA.

Second would be shopping, especially buying a new pair of boots!

Re: NBR what are your vices?

• Options
    mine used to be shopping….till i got married! lol.

Honestly, Im one of those weird animal loving people. The only thing I really NEED to do is be able to sit outside with my hummingbirds everyday. I go through so much sugar making food…Im surprised my H hasn't told me they are costing us too much money.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    Home decorating. I'm super crafty and am constantly coming across neat things, or "the next project". I currently have like 5-6 projects which I still haven't technically finished and DH is forcing me to finish all my projects before I am allowed to spend any $$ starting a new one. Don't even get me started on my Pinterest Potential Baby Idea board!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, my healthy vice is working out. I start bouncing off the walls if I don't stay active. 

And that's fortunate because I really like food, especially sweets & baked goods, but I'm really not a picky eater.

Coffee, though is the vice I'm really struggling with, since it's not so TTC friendly :(
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    Coffee, coffee and, um, coffee. Only vice I have left. I'm still at 3 cups but cups 2 and 3 (okay, and 4) are half caffs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'd have to say shopping.  I try to stay away from stores (any store) because once I am in there, I over-buy.  Like today, for instance, I went to the grocery store and literally had three things to get...when I left, my cart was full!!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options
    My major vice is reading. I will leave house work undone if I'm reading a good book. Sometimes I go to bed at 9 just so I can get a few hours of reading before I fall asleep

Second would be grocery shopping. I have to have full cabinets at all times. I know I do this because I grew up dirt poor and when the food was gone for the week you had to scrounge for whatever you could find until Sunday. I had many ketchup and mayo sandwiches.
    My neighbors always come grocery shopping at my house when they run out if anything.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I think mine is sugar.  After becoming convinced it's about the most unhealthy thing I can eat, I decided about a month ago to try to wean myself off the stuff.  I've made a little progress, but it's definitely been 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

MamaBear904 - I can totally relate. I'm sooo bad at starting new house projects before finishing the old ones!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member
    @JimBobCooter‌ MH and I can watch an entire season of a TV show in a weekend! We finished House of Cards recently and just started on Breaking Bad (not sure about this one though).
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have to agree about Breaking Bad. It's very intense and violent at times, but the characters were so unbelievably written and well acted. It really was a phenomenal show. I also have to second the sugar addiction!
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member
    @JimBobCooter‌ and gabbagal
    That's what I hear from everyone!! I'm trying to stick it out, I think we are halfway through the first season. I hear it gets better as the seasons go on.
  • Options
    Like @MelissaMiso, I would have to say coffee. I drink two mugs of half caf each morning. It will be tough to change to decaf if/when I become pregnant.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    ****previous pregnancy mentioned****

@URMySunshine77 With my pregnancy with my daughter I thought it would be a tough change but after about a month in, I actually had an aversion to coffee and was able to stop drinking it pretty abruptly.

• Options
    My vice is the DVR. I record everything so I can fast-forward through commercials. But it's a HUGE time-waster. So many better activities I could be doing. 

Oh and I guess, coffee. I shouldn't drink it while TTC and I have an ocular issue that is exacerbated by caffeine. But I can't quit the stuff!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    latershraderlatershrader member
    edited April 2014
    @Tsuga76: Are you quitting ALL sugar,or just processed sugar? Just curious! Good luck with it, I know it's hard!!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    Red wine - though I now eliminate during 2WW and when stimming I didn't feel much like having more than 1/2 a glass at a time.

March was an off month after our failed IVF in Feb, and I am doing a natural FET in April (once my cycle starts).  I was bad in March - I went on vacation with my parents to just get away (DH was traveling for work and couldn't come) and we (mom, dad, I) had a bottle of wine a night!! (That was bad but since I wasn't stimming nor were DH and I trying since we were away during fertile window I figured 1 week of being bad - when I am not trying is ok, esp since in Apr we are doing FET and not IVF)

I do enjoy coffee but only 1 cup a day.  

I guess my other 'vice' I will have to cut out one day is having 2 eggs over easy 2 - 3 times a week.

BTW - was at the dentist yesterday - of course they have to know we are going through IVF - xrays, etc - and they told me I should make sure I am using alcohol-free mouthwash.  I checked when I got home and it is but a part of me thought - ok, isn't that a little excessive - I am not DRINKING the mouthwash - not even swallowing a little.  The things we ladies need to worry about!

***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited April 2014
    This thread is kind of depressing me--reading about what you guys consider your "bad habits" is making me feel like Jabba the Hutt, or Caligula.  I really need to get healthier! :)
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    soontobeshrader: I've been trying to cut back on what I would call added sugars - so sugar, corn syrup, honey, etc. But no restrictions on fruit.  I have had a couple people tell me that cutting it our entirely, at least for awhile, is what worked best for them, esp since the less sugar you regularly eat, the less you crave it, and the more sweet you notice with other things.   So, I may go cold turkey for awhile, but I'm not quite there yet, as evidenced by the big bowl of ice cream I ate last night... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Davie813 said: This thread is kind of depressing me--reading about what you guys consider your "bad habits" is making me feel like Jabba the Hutt, or Caligula.  I really need to get healthier! :)

Hmmm, @Davie813, just
    what are you doing?  :P

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Starbucks is my vice, my iced venti skim 7 pump chai latte light ice, then I scoop out ice and add a splash of whole milk.

baked goods, and chocolate....although my 1x a year vice is coming up, jelly beans I LOVE pectin jellybeans

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    @CML11

Keep going with it! BB is the BEST SHOW!! I struggled a little with the first couple episodes...the first season was a bit boring in comparison to the rest of it. But it's soooo good!!

My vices used to be, (and please don't judge me) cigarettes and beer. I loved beer! But i've given up both to ttc. Totally worth it! I'll have a beer every now and then...but since giving it up for the most part, it gives me a headache. I think that's a good thing though. So i tend to skip alcohol all together now. My other vice was caffeinated coffee...but i'm on decaf nowadays too. :)
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member
    @Jmaddiso‌ Once we finish with Damages I'll convince hubby to get past the first season. Everyone collectively says the same review of the show. We gotta just stick with it!
  • Options
    @CML11 I loved Damages!! Totally forgot about it until I saw you mention it. It switched to a new channel that I didn't get. Is it even still on???

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Davie813 said:
    This thread is kind of depressing me--reading about what you guys consider your "bad habits" is making me feel like Jabba the Hutt, or Caligula.  I really need to get healthier! :)
    This!  If my vices were reading books and working out, I'd be much better off!  As it is, my vices include Starbucks, sweets, beer, and lots of TV.  :-)
  • Options
    CML11CML11 member
    edited April 2014
    @BeckyP005‌ we have netflicks connected to the TV. Love it!!! I think they have 5 seasons, I think we are on season 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"