High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro -- new PG with SLE and question

Greetings, ladies! I'm newly pregnant with what I hope will be baby #2. I have lupus (SLE), multiple m/c's (rheumatologist thinks the two are linked), and had a complicated PG with DS (bedrest from 31weeks), so that puts me in the high-risk category. God willing, everything will go smoothly and I'll have the lowest high-risk pregnancy possible, but as I'm sure you all know too well, anything can happen. I saw my OB yesterday for first round of betas and first sono is in three weeks. 

Anyone else with lupus? If so, do you see a MFM in addition to your OB or does your OB just consult with a MFM when needed? My rheumatologist said I would be seeing a MFM for my pregnancy but OB contradicted her, telling me that I'd be seeing the regular OB, but monitored closely, and then they'd consult with the MFM if necessary. Not sure whose opinion trumps whose...

DS born 10/22/2008
DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
m/c @4wks 3/2014

Re: Intro -- new PG with SLE and question

• Options
    I have SLE lupus and my OB has me seeing MFM as well as himself. My rheumy was very adamant that I see the MFM no matter what. Thankfully my pregnancy this far (23 weeks) has been very uneventful the OB is still treating me as very high risk. He knows how unpredictable this disease can be and wants to make sure he's fully prepared for whatever may happen. I would definitley talk to your OB about wanting to see the MFM. If anything it will be a great piece of mind for you. 
  • Options
    @esonksen84 - Thanks for the feedback. My rheumy was also adamant that I see the MFM, but my OB was just as adamant that it wasn't necessary right now. I'm moving in two months so I'll be picking up a new OB and a new rheumy, so I guess my care is subject to change at the moment. I've been doing really well on my plaquenil, so hopefully this will be a routine pregnancy. How often do you see your MFM?

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not currently pregnant, but we are trying for number two (SLE was diagnosed shortly after the delivery of number one). My rheumy and OB want me monitored by an MFM with monthly appointments with the rheumy as well.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Options
    I have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disorder - have the antibodies for Lupus and Scleroderma but don't quite meet all the criteria for either. My rheum has me seeing the MFM and classified me as high risk due to the potential for neonatal lupus. When I went in this week for my first US with the regular OB we discovered 2 babies so now I'm double high risk! I go to my first MFM appt. in a few weeks. My rheum also wants me doing weekly EKGs between 16-26 weeks and then biweekly thereafter to keep an eye on the babies' hearts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"