1st Trimester

7 weeks no fetal heartbeat

I had my first US today at what I believe is 7 weeks 1 day pg. During my US the tech never mentioned the size I was measuring at, est arrival or really anything  besides that there was no heartbeat and likely going to end as miscarriage. I have very light spotting frequently since finding out I was pg. I have had my hCG levels tested and numbers were increasing as of last week, and  I am scheduled to have second US in 7 days. Has anyone else experienced this before? What to do?? I love my doc, but an considering going for a second opinion. I didn't really get to discuss a lot with my doc, and I was pretty shaken up and crying by how and what the tech said...

Re: 7 weeks no fetal heartbeat

• I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I've not dealt with this myself, but have heard of several ladies here who didn't locate a heartbeat at an early appointment and then ended up with perfectly healthy pregnancies. Of course there are others that unfortunately ended in miscarriage, but there is hope!

All you can do right now is try to stay calm (I know it's hard), enjoy being pregnant right now, and hope for the best! 

Sending good thoughts your way!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so sorry you're going through this. I just went through this myself. Did you see a sac and yolk? Can you call and ask for measurements? Good luck and stay strong.
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I was basing it on LMP only. I t is certainly possible that the dates may be off or that I ovulated a bit later.  I am going for a second us in 5 days and meet with the doc the following week. I am hopping to see the flicker of the heartbeat!!! I also have been spotting lightly on and off since right around the time I found out about the pg, which was right around week 4, as I was tracking my LMPs. I saw the sac and I think the yolk, but they never confirmed for sure, and I was unfortunately not prepared about the questions to ask during the us, but I certainly have some questions this time around.
  • T&P are headed your way. Hoping that you're just not as far along as you thought, which if you ovulated late and maybe implanted late, you could easily be off by a full week. 

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Just to fu, had second ultrasound at 8 weeks gestation, still no heartbeat. Fetal pole and sac present to but growth from last week, stil measuring 6w 4d. Waiting to miscarry naturally.
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. Thoughts for healing and comfort headed your way <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I am so so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. Thoughts and prayers headed your way. 
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all so much! The prayers, support and good thoughts are helping!!
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. Sending T&Ps.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"