High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

How long does everyone take Aspirin and Lovenox??

I was put on aspirin and lovenox this last pregnancy due to recurrent miscarriages. It did the job and I stayed pregnant! I remember hearing from someone, not a doctor, that women with clotting issues that stop the aspirin too early can go into preterm labor. I was on the asp and lovenox the whole pregnancy but it was suggested to me to wean off the aspirin at around 32 weeks, because she knew I was having a csection and she told me the effects of aspirin take 2 weeks t get out of your system. So I stopped the aspirin and sure enough I went into labor a week later even after a negative FFN. I did continue on the lovenox but only at 40mg a day.. What are other peoples experience with taking these all through pregnancy and what has your doctor said? Does anyone know what I am talking about with the preterm labor thing? I am trying to make an apt with my OB before we get preg again but I thought who better to ask than the ladies here who deal with it daily!! TIA Ladies
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
3 failed femara iui cycles-
moving on to IVF oct 2011
ER nov. 7th
tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
lots of +hpt!!
beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
another miscarriage 12/23
moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
ET 4/28 3 transfered
Beta #1- 356
Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How long does everyone take Aspirin and Lovenox??

• Options
    I have not taken any aspirin since I got pregnant, I used to take it daily for factor V. I am now on lovanox every day and will be on it until 6 weeks after the babies come out.
  • Options
    I am taking baby aspirin until the end per the OB and MFM.  I am also doing lovenox and switching to heparin around the 36 week mark and then once I deliver, going back on lovenox until 6 weeks post partum to avoid blood clots. This is the first pregnancy I've had that I've gone on asprin/lovenox.
    DS 1 Alex born May 28, 2007 7lbs 14oz
    DS 2 Aiden born November 29, 2011 9lbs 1 oz
    DS 3 Lucas b/d February 26, 2013 at 18w6d Forever our angel
    DS #4 due June 13, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and feel free to stop by the lovanox buddy thread!
  • Options
    IhopeIhope member
    I have been on aspirin but was put on lovenox today, I'm just over 4 weeks. I was told I'd be on it through the rest of my pregnancy.
  • Options
    I am currwntly on asprin, innohep injection (instead of lovenox) and progestrone, my ob has askes me to continue it till delivery. (As of preterm I have no experience). I have no clotting issue but I am on these because of rpl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"