Third-Party Reproduction
Options

May Transfer Group

I thought it would be nice to have a may transfer group for all of us transferring in may. That way we can easily keep up with one another & share.

My transfer is May15-21 its a fresh transfer I am a Surro doing a sibling journey for my wonderful IPs.
Our last transfer ended in a chem back in jan. :(

I look forward to getting to know each of you & sharing this journey with you!!

Sending Baby Dust<:-P ~*~* :x

Re: May Transfer Group

• Options
    I think this is a great idea! There are also cycle groups on the IF board, the May group is just starting. Also we may want to just do a May cycle group here so that women doing IUIs with DS can also join.

We will be doing our first FET cycle with donor embryos in May. My transfer will be around May 6th, I believe. Previously we've done 4 IUIs and 3 fresh IVF cycles, all negative, except IVF #2 which ended in a cp.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am doing a FET with DEIVF embryos around May 21st!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I agree twinkie0612 lets leave the group open like you said, I say more the better :D

So is everyone one on meds yet?
    I started lupron on the 4th will stop BC on the 10th & have my base lining check the 16th. I am so ready to stop this BC I hate the stuff & can't wait to be done with it lets hope its the last of it I will see in awhile[-O<
    Where are all you ladies at?
  • Options
    I won't be on meds until my next period ( May 4th)  then I will be on estrace for 2 weeks then adding  PIO five days before transfer.  I have never had lining issues but of course now I am worried my lining won't be up to snuff.

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    Like @ksgsmu I start estrace with my next period (due 4/19). My estrace dose is gradually increased to build up my lining. I go in on CD 13 for a lining check and if all is good, I start PIO and my transfer is 5 days later. I've also never had a lining issue (but I've also never done an FET), so I hope my lining cooperates!

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Twinkie0612 exact same protocol!  I have been watching youtube videos to mentally prepare myself to do the PIO.  I had no issues with the subcuteaneous shots but the PIO intramuscular one is in my head!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options

@ksgmu I've done PIO with all three of my failed IVF cycles.  Once you get past the larger needle size, it's really not that bad.  Are you doing the injections yourself or is your DH going to give them to you?  I did all my subQ injects myself, but it just seemed to be easier to have my husband do the PIO since I doubt I could reach the injection sight very easily.  I'm just not that flexible. :)  Here's my process...

First I got all of my supplies ready.  I drew up my dose of PIO (I don't trust DH to get the dosage right) and switched to the injection needle (22g I think).  I grab the alcohol wipe, bandaid, and bean bag heating pad (I've used a regular heating pad before too).  I lay on my stomach (laying down ensures that the muscle is relaxed.  You can also stand and shift all of your weight off the side that where the injection is going) on the bed and DH preps the injection site (it should be above the butt crack on the outer half of the cheek) and gives me the injection.  He puts on the bandaid and then massages the injection site and applies heat.  I keep the heat on for 10-15 minutes and then get up and walk around.  The massaging, heat, and walking around helps spread out the oil and helps to keep from developing lumps.  I've also heard women recommend massaging with a tennis ball to spread the oil out. 

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited April 2014
    Twinkie0612  I really think I am going to have to do them myself.  I have control issues and he is a huge wimp about shots.  I may let him try to give me one. Oh dear lord even typing that raised my blood pressure. 

Question for you:  If this cycle works very soon after  I will be going out of the country ( Spain) for vacation.  I would be roughly 8 weeks and still on the PIO shots.  have you ever traveled with them?  Had to go through security with etc? I am not super worried about this but just thinking how to go about it.

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    @ksgsmu- I have not traveled with them, but I will have to for this cycle. We are doing our donor embryo cycle out of state and are planning on flying. From what I have read most people are never questioned about them, but that you should have a letter from your doctor just in case. When I call in for CD 1, I plan on having the nurse send me a letter. I am also going to make sure that the needles are in packaging that shows my prescription on it.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I will likely be doing an FET in May. I am going to the RE to discuss my calendar this weekend. I was an active poster on this board as well as the IF board through my first rounds of DE which resulted in my current LO. I wasn't sure if I could post as a second timer but I'd love to join the group if you will have me. If not, I completely understand. As for travelling, I've travelled with PIO and delestrogen in the US. I had a note from my doc for medical necessity, but TSA never asked to see it.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    chicagobride_07  Welcome!  Also thanks for your input!

@Twinkie0612  that makes sense about the letter.  The trip is exciting but putting a little extra pressure on me.  First we will be with my family and we wanted to wait until 10-12 weeks to disclose we are pregnant but there is going to be no way to hide it from them on the trip.  Especially if  I decline the airport scanner, have the PIO shots on me etc.. Also I wouldn't be drinking and most likely be experiencing some morning sickness etc... so if the cycle works we are going to have to tell them all right before the trip.  Oh well.

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    @chicagobride_07 welcome back and good luck to you!! @Twinkie0612 I'm jotting down notes on PIO...lol. Thanks for the tips :) I need to do a search and figure how everyone does them. Can you believe I cried before doing the Lupron ones and they are easy! ::shakes head::

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    That's nice you get to skip the BC & the lupron:) i have never had lining probs too but find my self worried about it this transfer since the chem pg in jan, try not to let your self stress you out is what i keep telling my self sending you fluffy thoughs [-O<
  • Options
    Last post was @ twinkes
  • Options
    LoL on my phone not my post was @ ksgsmu not twinkes
  • Options

Like @ksgsmu I start estrace with my next period (due 4/19). My estrace dose is gradually increased to build up my lining. I go in on CD 13 for a lining check and if all is good, I start PIO and my transfer is 5 days later. I've also never had a lining issue (but I've also never done an FET), so I hope my lining cooperates!

When I did my FET my body reacted almost the same my lining was a 14 triple strip & with my fresh it was a 15 triple strip
  • Options
    ksgsmu said:

Twinkie0612  I really think I am going to have to do them myself.  I have control issues and he is a huge wimp about shots.  I may let him try to give me one. Oh dear lord even typing that raised my blood pressure. 

Question for you:  If this cycle works very soon after  I will be going out of the country ( Spain) for vacation.  I would be roughly 8 weeks and still on the PIO shots.  have you ever traveled with them?  Had to go through security with etc? I am not super worried about this but just thinking how to go about it.

I have traveled with my shots they don't even bat a eye at them & they are always in my carry on as I don't want to chance not having my meds when I need them. You should be fine.

• Options

I will likely be doing an FET in May. I am going to the RE to discuss my calendar this weekend. I was an active poster on this board as well as the IF board through my first rounds of DE which resulted in my current LO. I wasn't sure if I could post as a second timer but I'd love to join the group if you will have me. If not, I completely understand.

As for travelling, I've travelled with PIO and delestrogen in the US. I had a note from my doc for medical necessity, but TSA never asked to see it.

Welcome to the group!!!

• Options
    BeckyP005 said:

@chicagobride_07 welcome back and good luck to you!! @Twinkie0612 I'm jotting down notes on PIO...lol. Thanks for the tips :) I need to do a search and figure how everyone does them. Can you believe I cried before doing the Lupron ones and they are easy! ::shakes head::

I can tell you its more of a head game for sure, you can do this do you have someone to give them to you or do you have to do it yourself?
    I give then to my self its not bad at all once you get it down. If you have any Qs let me know:) more then happy to help
  • Options
    BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited April 2014
    Heck no I'm not doing them myself!! No way. Lol. MH is but he thinks I'm going to freak out. Your right it's more psychological!! We all have to do them and everyone else survived...haha. Thanks :)

Oh and the needle looks dull but I didn't open one up to look yet from the pkg. I'm thinking maybe sharpening the needle on a knife sharpener so it goes in smoothly...JK!!!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @BeckyP005 the needles aren't that bad (and they are sharp, don't worry ;) ). One thing I will point out since it was asked last night in two different FB groups I am in is that you probably have an 18g needle to draw up the PIO with, that is not the needle you inject with. You will inject with a 22g needle (I've heard some women having 23g or 25g needles for injecting). The 18g is a much bigger diameter which makes drawing up the PIO easier, but you want to switch to a thinner needle to inject. One of my online friends about had a heart attack when she saw the 18g needle.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    @Twinkie0612‌ now I will have to go home tonight and look at size! Maybe I was looking at the wrong needle!! Lol Thanks :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Just got a call from my nurse about our donors appointment today!  She has about 25  follies so far!  I know anything can happen but I can't ask for better than that at this point!  Still on track for ER on Wednesday!   I can't believe this is real!!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    ksgsmu said:
    Just got a call from my nurse about our donors appointment today!  She has about 25  follies so far!  I know anything can happen but I can't ask for better than that at this point!  Still on track for ER on Wednesday!   I can't believe this is real!!
    Great news! FX for lots of eggs!

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Becky, it is so nice to see you cycling. Do you have a date for your transfer yet?

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    ksgsmu said:

Yay!! So excited to hear this news
    Sending you lots of Baby Dust

:D
  • Options
    I took my last BC pill today yay <:-P
    I have my first US next week on the 16, its just the baseline.
  • Options
    @chicagobride_07‌ sometime after Easter! Donor starts her stimms tomorrow :) Not in the May group....just asking about PIO lol

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Just had my first blood work & US for this transfer :>
    Should hear back from the RE latter today to see if I start the other meds or not.
    How
  • Options
    Posted before done lol
    How is everyone doing?

Anyone have anything special planed for the transfer?
  • Options
    I am just waiting on my period so that I can start estrace. CD 1 should be here on Saturday.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    @ twinkie0612 I hope AF show up when it should so you can start meds on time :)
  • Options
    AFM: My RE emailed me late the other day saying I looked "perfect" so I stared bb aspirin & estradiol 2mg 2x a day & lower lupron to 5 units
  • Options
    How are you Ladies doing?
    Any Updates?

I been thinking about a gift for my IPs this time around but still not sure what to get them any thoughts???

• Options

My period came on Saturday and I started Estrace.  My lining check and blood work should be in about 10 days and our transfer will hopefully be in 15 days.

As far as a gift, is this a FET?  If it is maybe a snowflake charm/necklace to represent their snowflake?  It also works out since the baby would be due in winter.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thanks for the gift idea its a really cute one & wish I could use it, but its a fresh transfer.

Yay for starting meds!!! Sending you lots of Fluffy thoughts :)

AFM: man the Estrace has been making me hot all the time. Didn't have this the last time or with my first Surro. Got to the med side effects lol it could be worse.
  • Options
    Hmm... Maybe a necklace with the birthstone for the due date? A heart maybe? Will your due date be in February? A heart could be a good choice then. I like the idea of something that has significance to the pregnancy.

AFM apparently they do the transfer 6 days after your lining check if everything is ok, so tentatively our transfer will be May 7th.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options

Hmm... Maybe a necklace with the birthstone for the due date? A heart maybe? Will your due date be in February? A heart could be a good choice then. I like the idea of something that has significance to the pregnancy.

AFM apparently they do the transfer 6 days after your lining check if everything is ok, so tentatively our transfer will be May 7th.

Thanks for the ideas they are great!! Last time I got shirts made for the transfer for all of us & this time I been blank on what to get. But thinking of a framed pics of us three from last transfer & one from the med screening when they got to bring their son (I carried) but also wanted something special to add to it.

Yay for the tentatively transfer date!!! That's exciting to have a date & not a week span. Lots of baby dust!!!

• Options

Thanks for the ideas they are great!! Last time I got shirts made for the transfer for all of us & this time I been blank on what to get. But thinking of a framed pics of us three from last transfer & one from the med screening when they got to bring their son (I carried) but also wanted something special to add to it. Yay for the tentatively transfer date!!! That's exciting to have a date & not a week span. Lots of baby dust!!!

It's nice to have a date, hopefully my lining cooperates so I get to keep the date. You are so thoughtful to give a gift to your IPs. I'm sure the framed photos will mean a lot to them and I am sure you will come up with something perfect to add to it.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"