1st Trimester

What do you call your 'bump'?

So, my bump is obviously more bloat than actually baby bump, considering I'm still at the raspberry phase, but I am curious as to what everyone refers to their bump/baby as. My hubby called it Pips the other day, short for Pipsqeak and it totally stuck (not gonna lie, I find it totally adorable that he came up with something so cute on his own). We don't refer to 'the baby' at all any more, it's 'Pips' this or that.

And I just want to go on record saying that we are not considering Pippa as a girls name, just so we can carry on the nn after he or she is born. But I am fairly certain Pips will be a family nn our little one will have to put up with for years and years to come.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What do you call your 'bump'?

• Cornelius until baby has a gender and then I will use it's name.

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • The baby

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Jags8Jags8 member
    My sister called my nephew "Pickles" for her entire pregnancy, because that is what she was always craving.
  • My husband calls him/her "Scooter." He started that the day we found out we were pregnant. Who knows where he got it from, haha.
  • We call our baby Turkey or Turk Turk lol! November baby here! I'm so excited!
  • I swap between Bean and Blip. DH calls them Baby.
    Me- 23; DH- 29
    Started dating Oct. 2008; Married Sept. 2013
    TTC since Sept. 2013
    BFP 11/25/13 EDD 08/04/14
    MC 12/13/13 @ 5 wks 2 days
    BFP 02/11/14 EDD 10/24/14

“When everything seems to be going against you,
    remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
  • We called the last pregnancy (sadly a late loss) Peanut. When it came time to give this baby a nickname we decided (superstitiously) to go for something bigger in the hopes that baby would take it as a challenge to meet. So this baby became Pumpkin.

Since we've always had a girls name on standby she has just been Elisabeth (or Ella-bet as a diminutive) since we found out the sex at 17weeks. But I kept my pumpkin baby ticker :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • We call ours baby bud

• Baby monkey or the baby. Now I'll either refer to him as "your son" if I'm talking to my husband or his name. Mostly still "the baby"
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Mostly either "bloat" or "omg my pants don't fit". But when talking about the baby itself, usually Pumpkin. We called our first "Skish" because I felt like my innards were squished, but it didn't feel right to repeat the name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We're still keeping it a secret until the big reveal but I said "New baby" today and I got a fuzzy feeling :)
  • We called the baby Frankie before we knew she was a girl, because Frankie was a cute unisex nickname we both loved. Our daughter will have two middle names and we decided that we love Frankie too much to part with it, so we are using Frances or Francesca for one of them.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My husband and I call he/she either peanut or gummy bear. Between 6 & 7 weeks it totally looks like a peanut or a gummy bear on the ultrasound. It just kind of stuck for us. Our family calls him/her our turkey baby. 11/28 due date. Were so excited! Going to be a long summer being pregnant and living in Florida in the hot humid weather. Wish me luck. Lol
  • We called ours Babby. Still do, even though he has a name now.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Nathan because our DD wants a little sister named Nathan. :P
  • Wow this is hilarious, I never knew people had so many creative nicknames for their bellies. I occasionally reference it as bloated belly, but have also been joking with my husband that my pants (or shirt/bra, due to huge boobs) will explode off of me at some point, so it may become "the explosion."
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We call ours..little miracle. I am currently 5. Weeks today
  • I call mine chub because its leftover chub from the last one haha
  • Cletus, or "the fetus" or "the baby". Nothing too fun.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Nothing yet, but we called our first munchkin and it's still DD nickname

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I call mine my pea!! My little pea baby(: because when i found out i was pregnant baby was the size of a pea!
  • I've been referring to it as "poppyseed" because that's the size of it now :) or it's just "baby". My husband does NOT like the NN "poppyseed" though :(
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Husband called the baby "Snack pack" the day we found out and it completely stuck.
  • I call the baby Goober, my husband, an army vet calls the baby "the package" lol... It's even funnier when he leans towards my belly and talks to the package... But I prefer goober since I call my husband a goober all the time!

EDD 1/8/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• "Baby Refund" .....that's probably not favored...BUT, ya know.

• We let our son pick a name so for now it is Honey like the baby sister in the Berenstain Bear books. He has been asking for a baby sister bear for over a year now so it wasn't a shock to us when he picked that name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We conceived on a vacation to Italy, so DH has been calling the baby "little Giuseppe"
  • Seeing as how DH doesn't like the name "poppyseed" tonight we agreed on a new name for my bump/baby...Bean!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • awc1986awc1986 member
    My pet names for her are "little pickle", "booboo" and "little bitch" when she's all up in my ribs or giving me lightening crotch. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• awc1986awc1986 member
    We conceived on a vacation to Italy, so DH has been calling the baby "little Giuseppe"
    Oh yay, so did we! We were in Venice. Sex twins!  B-)

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Bean (because I worked for Starbucks, and were Mexican so it fit) and diablito ;)
  • We call our little one "Peanut" :)
  • MLC1990MLC1990 member
    We use gummybear. Which of course leads to my husband playing "the gummybear song" and me dying laughing.
  • We've dubbed ours Itty Bitty, but DH also is partial to Jellybean. We're that weird couple whose dogs even have 100 nicknames, so by the time this baby arrives, I'm sure he/she will too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• BLH2014BLH2014 member
    I've been calling it "Lizard Baby"....because I saw a picture of the face of a 5.5 week embryo in one of my husband's old child development books from school (which is about how far along I was at the time), and it reminded me of some kind of snake or lizard.  I hate snakes though, so I decided Lizard Baby was the way to go.

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"