May 2012 Moms

More playroom

So no where else to share. We are picking out carpet for the play room and we have it narrowed down to three and well I'm overly stressed about picking one!! It's about. $500 to do the little room so I want to love it. The color scheme is orange, grey, blue with galvanized accents we have a charcoal, an orange, and a specked lighter grey I am so torn it's crazy!! Any way what do you think ?? I'll post pics tomorrow
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: More playroom

• The thought of orange carpet just gave me bad flashbacks to growing up in the 70s! Personally, I'd go as neutral as possible for future resale value, unless you're 100% sure you'll be in your house for at least another decade.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Without seeing it, I would probably go with the speckled lighter grey. We have a speckled carpet in our basement and I love it. I would stay away from orange.
  • The blue, grey in corners and two oranges on left are paint we will be using. And this will be a play or rec room forever. As far as being in this house for next 10 yes unless we win the lottery that we don't play.
  • They all seem very dark. Do you have a lot of natural light in the room? My kitchen is yellow and orange (marigold colors) and since we don't get a lot of direct sunlight, it really makes the room look dark even with lighter colored flooring. Just something to consider. As for the swatches, I like the grey to the right under the grey paint chip. We seem to have similar taste in colors. That blue looks like my living room wall color!

• I'd go with a grey personally. Shows dirt and stains less and easier to match later if you have to change the room later.
  • We are going through the same thing.  We are doing the baby's room in the same blue, white, and were going to do grey.  The really dark grey scared me b/c of showing lint etc.  We ended up ordering carpet tiles with a little padding attached from Home Depot.  You are supposed to be able to pull them up and replace them as needed.  But this is for a low traffic bedroom so big difference.  And we are probably moving to the family farm in the next 5ish yrs.  For your room I would go with the lighter grey.  Love the colors.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • We picked the one my oldest liked the best! It's picked and bought hoping dh can put it down while I'm away next week. So excited :) it's one more usable space and one more big project moving forward in our house!!! Thanks for listening
  • Hope to see before and after pics posted on here

• I want to see pics! Post some when you're done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"