Babies: 0 - 3 Months

pp bleeding and pads...

For those who bled for quite some time, did you really wear pads the whole time? I'm only a week and a half pp and I'm dying to stop wearing what feels like a diaper and put a tampon in! I know they tell you not to but I'm wondering what the harm is really?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: pp bleeding and pads...

• flclflcl member
    I know how you feel but stick with the pads.  Your body needs time to heal and tampons raises your risk of infection.  Hang in there, it should get better soon!
  • Keep using the pads. I hate them too but by the second week I was able to use thinner one. The first week is the worst. I'm almost 3 weeks out and I'm down to a panty liner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's for your health that doctors say no tampons. Switch to a thinner pad if you can when your bleeding decreases. It's not really that bad, given all the discomforts of the last 40 weeks.
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Yes, I wore pads for way too long.  It wasn't fun but it was the least of my concerns at the time.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • get some pads that aren't as thick. i had to wear them for about 3 weeks. some due to lack of bladder control though.

• No, no, no to tampons. I used Stayfree pads with wings. They're thin and cottony and not a uncomfortable as other pads.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Get the thinner ones. I -hated- the ones they give you at the hospital and switched to the Always Infinity before we even left the hospital with DD. I plan to do the same with this LO.
  • I am going to echo the referral to Always Infinity pads.  They are the best in my opinion.
    imageimage

• @beachbumm2214
    If you read more carefully, OP said she WANTED to put a tampon in, not that she did. Settle down.

• Another vote for Always Infinity.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• I also vote for always infinity. I switched to those in the hospital and used them through 3 weeks and the past few days I've been using a panty liner. I would stay away from tampons for now.,
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oy! I can't imagine wanting to use a tampon! I did tear so maybe my situation is a little different, but OUCH! Exit only!
    image   image  image
  • CLOTH PADS FTW.  I bought a bunch on etsy. So much more comfortable. If that idea squicks you out, I second the vote for Always infinity. 
  • Again with the Always Infinity! 
  • Always Infinity work great UNLESS you have any kind of skin sensitivity then stay far far far away from them. They will turn your vulva into a fire pit.
  • jackieoicklejackieoickle member
    edited April 2014
    I bled a lot and went through a ton of pads!!! Trust me it will get better!!!! My bum was so sore a red and got a rash from having to wear pads for 3 weeks!! My advice would be change them often, also if you have time to let yourself "air out" do it. Usually in the morning after I had a shower I would do this for at least a half hour if I had the time I would just sit somewhere with a towel under my bottom incase I bled a bit just so I could have some relief for wearing the pads so often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"