Two Under 2

Baby shower

2nd baby showers are pretty common around here....even when the babies are same sex and close together. Not so much for the gifts but just to celebrate every baby.

I'm perfectly fine not having a second shower because we are are having a second baby boy (2u2) and we're celebrating his pending arrival everyday.  Now I get tons of friends asking when my baby shower is.  I'm not throwing my shower and I've not heard of anyone else throwing a shower - but its such an awkward question to answer.  Any clever ideas?
imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby shower

• Can you maybe try to plan a meet the baby party for after the baby gets here? If so, you could just tell them that you've decided to wait until the baby is born and have a get-together then.
  • I would just be honest and say "oh I'm not having a shower this time, we have everything we need already." Big smile and change the conversation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Can you maybe try to plan a meet the baby party for after the baby gets here? If so, you could just tell them that you've decided to wait until the baby is born and have a get-together then.
    I've actually been thinking about this - having a baby-que since it will be summer and its a fun get together to meet the baby (when he's 6+ weeks or so).  More of a controlled environment.
    jf198400 said:
    I would just be honest and say "oh I'm not having a shower this time, we have everything we need already." Big smile and change the conversation.
    That's exactly what I've been doing.  It just always ends up in an ackward silence until I think of something else to talk about.
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first son's godmother offered to throw me a shower, but I don't want one this time around. I told her to plan a "meet the baby" party instead a week or two after he's born. We have a minimal registry and most of the items are expensive (car seats, video monitor, crib), so I'm going to include a note that says if they feel like bringing a gift, please make it a gift card to Target or BRU.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"