Preemies

Introducing Evangeline born at 25w

Hi ladies, 
I have been lurking the board for a while and tried to post an intro but then it deleted so I will try again.  My twins were born March 9, 2014. Josephine passed away in utero some time before and it caused my body to go septic which prompted the early birth of her sister Evangeline (see full birth story here).

Evangeline was born at 25w exactly and weighed 1lb 8oz. She is doing OK. We have had some setbacks in the past few weeks and progress is a bit slow. I guess that is the way it is in the land of micro preemies.  She is currently stable and will be transitioned back to the sipap tonight. She was on the cpap but then needed surgery to install a cathetor so that set her back. They stopped her feeds because her tummy is showing some green tinges so that is freaking me out. I had no idea how stressful this process would be and to top it off we live over an hour away and are staying at the Ronald Mcdonald house with our boys. Luckily we have my parents help and they take the boys for a few days at a time so that we can visit Evangeline together and just have time to regroup.

I look forward to getting to know you and have been enjoying reading all the success stories on here.

Here is my favorite picture of our mighty micro preemie Miss Evangeline <3

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

Re: Introducing Evangeline born at 25w

• Oh my gosh! I remember you from TTCAL three years ago. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Josephine. Your Evangeline is beautiful. I hope she continues to stabilize and you're able to work out a good visiting schedule.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • What an awesome picture <3   Thank you so much for sharing that and your intro with us.  My heart goes out to you for Josephine leaving you so very very soon.  Evangeline is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.  We'll be praying for her and keeping her in our thoughts as you guys go down this NICU path.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your baby girl, and I am so, so sorry for your loss. Best of luck for your girl to grow strong!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congratulations on the birth of your daughters, I am so sorry for your loss of Josephine. Evangeline is beautiful! And what an awesome picture. Looks like she is going to have quite the personality!

• Congrats on your sweet girls. I am so sorry for your loss. Evangeline is a mighty micro preemie! She has already mastered the fist pump! 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Congratulations on your beautiful girl.  I'm sorry to hear about Josephine, that's heart breaking. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congratulations on your precious baby girl...amazing picture :) I am so sorry for your loss of Josephine. Thinking about you all and hoping for an uneventful NICU stay!
  • ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Welcome to the board, but I'm sorry you have to join us. I'm also so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you & sweet Evangeline. My DD also had some green bile for a few days but it cleared up, as I hope it does for Evangeline ASAP. This board is a great support system. Please vent whenever you need to.

imageimage
  • DrRxDrRx member
    I'm so very sorry for your loss of your daughter Josephine.  Congratulations on the birth of Evangeline, and I'm happy to hear that although she's had a few setbacks, she is doing relatively well.  I can't imagine how hard it is for you to have not only 2 children at home, but have to live so far from the NICU.  I understand about being a micro-preemie mom all too well, but we lived about 25 minutes away from the hospital and Adalyn is our one and only.  This board is a great place to come to seek advice, have a place to vent, or just seek support.  The ladies on here are amazing, and they were very helpful when we were on our NICU journey 2 years ago. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Welcome and congratulations on the birth of your little girls! I am sorry to hear about Josephine. Evangeline is absolutely precious and I LOVE that picture. So inspiring! Fight, baby, fight!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• What a wonderful picture! I am so sorry for the loss of baby Josephine. My girls were born at 27 weeks, but the smaller was exactly the same size as your Evangeline. As I am sure you have already learned, the land of micro preemies is full of ups and downs. I am so glad that she is stable right now. Hang in there mama, your little girl is a fighter!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also remember you very well from the loss boards. So sorry that this is yet another painful blow. So many T&P for Evangeline to be a NICU warrior... they truly are amazing! It's great that she's already having trials on CPAP/SiPAP hoping the stomach issues pass.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • What a beautiful and strong little girl! Love the picture.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• My heart goes out to you for your loss and the NICU journey you are on now. Evangeline is adorable and I love the name! I will be cheering her on! 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What a beautiful photo of your little Evangeline! Congratulations! I am so sorry for your loss of Josephine. Josephine was our top name if Harrison was a girl. My next fav was Evangeline. You have perfect taste in girl names. :) you've definitely got a warrior on your hands and wish you and your family the absolute best in this incredibly difficult time. Our son has been our hero through all of this and shown us that we are so much stronger than we thought. I look forward to hearing her progress!

imageimage

• Congratulations on Evangeline and I'm so sorry for the loss of Josephine.

That's an excellent picture!

My daughter was an almost 24-weeker, and she was basically a textbook preemie--had almost every common issue. The first few days and weeks can be very scary, but hang in there. This is a great board for resources.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"