April 2013 Moms

1 Year Stats

2»

Re: 1 Year Stats

• Grace0609 said:

@chicagobroad26 The percentiles are definitely different from place to place! I don't pay that much attention to it.

If they are different it is because some of the offices are using the wrong growth chart! Every pediatrician should be using the WHO growth chart for children under 2 years of age. Now if they are using an electronic medical record they may get a more "exact" sounding number whereas if they are still on paper it may be approximate since they draw in the point.

And there is also now a chart for breastfed babies. My DD is under the 5th percentile for weight according to WHO but according to the bf chart she is in the 15th percentile. So many different charts!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Grace0609 said:

Grace0609 said:

@chicagobroad26 The percentiles are definitely different from place to place! I don't pay that much attention to it.

If they are different it is because some of the offices are using the wrong growth chart! Every pediatrician should be using the WHO growth chart for children under 2 years of age. Now if they are using an electronic medical record they may get a more "exact" sounding number whereas if they are still on paper it may be approximate since they draw in the point.

And there is also now a chart for breastfed babies. My DD is under the 5th percentile for weight according to WHO but according to the bf chart she is in the 15th percentile. So many different charts!
    Hmmm. The WHO chart takes into account higher rates of bfing across the world and that's why it replaced the CDC charts for infants up to 2. Where is this new bfing chart to which you refer? Definitely has not yet been recommended to use something different by the AAP.

Eta link: https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/who_charts.htm

Maybe my doc was referencing the WHO chart? She did mention how our previous pediatrician used the CDC chart and how she wished everyone used WHO. She did not say the WHO chart was the bf chart but maybe that's what she was referring to?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Birth 8lb 6.6oz and 20in

One Year 20lb 13oz and 30.5in

• Anya had her 1 year appointment yesterday. She did not like the 2 shots she had to get. I have never seen her cry like that before.

Newborn Stats

6 pounds 9 ounces
    19.5 inches long
    I dont remember head.. ill have to look in baby book

1 Year Stats
    18 pounds 14 ounces
    29 1/4 inches long
    45cm in head length

She is staying consistent with below average on weight but staying above average on height!
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Birth: 6 lbs, 11.9 oz, 18.5 inches

1 year: 18 lbs, 1.5 oz, 28.5 inches
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • @cece2682 Holy shit... under 5 lbs?!?!?
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Birth: 6lbs 13 oz and 20.5 inches

1 year: 17 lbs 7 oz and 28.75 inches

He's a little guy, but he's growing!!

• Birth: 6lbs 14oz 20.5 inches

1 year: 17lbs 9oz 29inches

He's just a little guy.
  • Birth: 6 lbs 2 oz, height 19.5", head 12.5" (I think)
    1 year: 17 lbs (3%), height 29" (50%), head 17.5" (25%)
    ~Eme's mama, SAHM, BF, BLW, CD~

• @KrisM86. Im glad my little guy isnt the only one. :-)
  • my kid is so big!

birth: 7 lbs 11 oz, 21 in.

1 year: 26 lbs 5.5 oz, 33.75 in, 48" head

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Birth: 6 lbs 8 oz, 19.5 inches.

One year: 17 lbs 14 oz, 27.75 inches. She's about 20% for weight and 8% for length. And had double ear infection at her well child check...mom fail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"