December 2014 Moms

Surprise or Planned?

Re: Surprise or Planned?

• Planned.  2nd cycle trying, but the first I think it was the first I ovulated post-mirena.  EDD is 12.10.2014.  We're thrilled!
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• We were TTC for about 6 months...so very much planned!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Surprise for us!  NTNP, but one fateful, well timed night with a possibility, but what the heck, turned into this incredible change of plans!  We were always going to have #2, but were going to wait a few more months before trying.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not trying/not preventing. Honestly, it was more of an uh oh moment more than anything. We just shrugged out shoulders and said we'd be happy if we happened to get pregnant from that. Tada, here we are!!
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Planned'ish; we had an early m/c last month so we weren't really sure if we wanted to try this month or not. Plus, we're moving in 3 months, so the thought of moving while PG was a bit scary. But we decided to wing it and here I am!

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Very planned. Thoroughly excited.
    TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• Not trying/not preventing. Honestly, it was more of an uh oh moment more than anything. We just shrugged out shoulders and said we'd be happy if we happened to get pregnant from that. Tada, here we are!!

Us too!! So excited! Best surprise ever!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• @LaxMOM44‌ I knew your SN looked familiar :)

*waves back enthusiastically*

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Not trying/not preventing. We had a mc in November and that one wasn't planned. We didn't want a baby for a couple more years esp since we're living with our parents at the moment and I wanted to finish getting my nutrition cert. We just decided last month that we would stop using condoms and just figure I would get pregnant in a few months so we would be able to save up and move out.. Well I got pregnant literally right after we stopped using condoms! So we weren't preventing it, we just weren't expecting it to happen so fast. We're kind of scared since we aren't that well off financially, but that's what jobs are for!
  • Oh and we didn't want one for a couple years, but after having a mc we definitely wanted one sooner.. Forgot to say that!
  • Totally planned here! Been trying since June had a miscarriage in November. Started trying again right away. You don't know how many times I looked up "how to make making baby sex fun!" On google. Ha! Just joking!
  • We were NTNP. We decided to have my BC removed just a few months before E's birthday, and just decided to go with what came. It took us 7 months to get here.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Not planned but not really a surprise either. DH and I had a small oops moment. He must have some fast swimmers!

• SuladybugSuladybug member
    edited April 2014
  • I was ready to try for another after DS turned two, but it took DH longer to come around to the idea of #2. We started trying in February, so it was planned for us!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Planned. We were on our last cycle of trying on our own, with a referral to an RE if (we thought WHEN really) it didn't work. It took me about a week to actually believe the + pregnancy test I was seeing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: December 8, 2014
  • @SNA87 -- my SO and I haven't been together very long either, but we've been attached at the hip since our first date at the end of the year. We've talked marriage down the road and knew that we wanted 2-3 kids together. I'm 30 and have an autoimmune disease, so we decided we should take advantage of my age and health while it's on our side. Unconventional, sure, but it feels right... happy scary is what we're calling it.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• I love it!! We were at 16 months about to start IUI in May. I was shocked and am beyond thrilled!! Congrats!
  • ZAP12ZAP12 member
    Planned. Our first was a surprise, but we've been trying for about 6 months for this one and we are so excited!
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NTNP. I had a chemical last cycle and got pregnant right after. It took 11 months and Clomid to conceive my first so this was a surprise for us that we got pregnant on our own. 

@BankerBSN Hi! I remember you from when I was on TTGP the first time! Happy to see you here :) 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Very, very planned. Like planned for the past five years, planned!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Planned.  We've been trying since last June.  Still sinking in. :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • A bit of a surprise. We were married in November & decided we weren't going to prevent anything. Then in late March we decided we wanted to wait until the end of the year to really try so we went out and bought condoms. Low and behold I was already pregnant!  :))
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours was a big surprise.. we have two kids now and we're done or so we thought... One time not being very careful was all it took. Very excited now!

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Surprise!!! But happy!!!!
  • Flowr4246 said:

NTNP.  Our wedding is in August.  We were going to start TTC around May or June in the hopes that I'd be PG for the wedding, but not so far along that I needed major dress alterations.  :shrugs:  So much for that theory. :)

This is me, too. He proposed in Dec and we were considering a Sept wedding. I went off the pill in feb and he had some successful swimmers in March, so we are going with a June wedding. Whoops.
    D14 June. Favorite TV Dad(s).image
    12/31/13: BF Proposes
    2/14: First month off OCP, cuz, hey, why not? He put a ring on it.
    3/31/14: POAS: BFP!
    6/21/14: It only looks like a shotgun wedding.
    12/09/14: EDD

Why just plan a wedding when you can plan a baby AND a wedding?
  • Sort of a surprise, but we were NTNP. We knew we wanted 2u2, so a few months ago we threw out the protection. We were planning on trying in earnest next cycle.

DD turns one next month. She was very planned, so experiencing both types of BFP's has been kind of fun.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Definitely planned. We started working with an RE in January. So thrilled that the medication helped!
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Planned, this was the first month trying. This would be our second child, our first born son died at 4 months old due to complications from a congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), he would have been 2 in March.
  • This was definitely planned. We started trying in the beginning of January, had a CP that month, and here we are now!

• Went off BC last July and TTA until last month when we decided to NTNP and surprise! It happened. We weren't going to try until later this year but oh well. Life decided different for us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    Planned. We are in shock because this was our first cycle trying after losing our son in Jan. I never thought we'd get pg on the first try (now I sound like a 15 year old kid).

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Planned-ish. We weren't sure how long it might take, so we started just not avoiding. It happened pretty quick, so a couple months before I would have "planned" it, but certainly not exactly a surprise. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed for a few reasons but really excited that DD will have a sibling. I love my siblings immensely, and hope the same for our kids!

• We had just started seriously trying, so I was surprised and thrilled it happened that quick. We've been married for going on 3 years though, so it was time!
  • #1 was unplanned

#2 took 34 cycles

#3 took 10 cycles

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Very much planned. We've been trying since August. I had a chemical in October so I'm keeping my FX for a sticky baby.
    Married 11/14/10
    Me: 30 & DH: 35
    TTC #1
    BFP 10/14/13 CP 10/21/13
    BFP  4/10/14 EDD 12/21/14
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Fur Babies:
    Marley & Scout

• Planned. We were NTNP for a few months, but then decided to try OPKs and it worked the first time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Very much planned. We've been TTC for almost a year. Charting, timing sex, the works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"